Current Beta Version: Live 8.1.5b2 (updated July 22, 2010)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kahinar

change log??

Post by Kahinar » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:45 pm

you will post the "change log" .. I'm waiting it since 22th. you didn't have to say "Changelog will be posted later today" ... please be careful.
best...
MacOsX 10.6 MacBookPro 2.33

Nokatus

Re: Current Beta Version: Live 8.1.5b2 (updated July 22, 2010)

Post by Nokatus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Double edit: thought it was the wrong thread, but it wasn't. :oops: x 2

Again:

The severe problems with IK Multimedia plugins are definitely confirmed.

Specifically, the crashes will happen more often if you keep playing the arrangement in a loop. If you manually stop and restart the project, or alternatively just loop/compose in the session view and let the arrangement run free without looping, the crashes are much more infrequent.

I have sent multiple bug reports on this, and I'm 100% sure it's the IK Multimedia plugins. That is, I can reproduce the crash with a project that holds only one arrangement track, one sample, and nothing else. If I add an IK Multimedia plugin on that track and let the arrangement loop, it will crash after a short while. Otherwise, I can keep it going for days.

"We are aware of a problem regarding IK multimedia plug-ins causing a crash when there´s an arrangement loop selected. Our developers are investigating the issue and will provide a fix as soon as possible", said the official support.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:47 am

Hello,

The changelog is now added to my initial message. Sorry for the delay.

Concerning IkMultimedia plugins, there are definitely known issues. We are now closely working with IkMultimedia as to solve these issues. I can't yet tell when or if we'll see results because I'm not able to plan work been done by them, but be assured that we are active on the topic.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

slirak

Post by slirak » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 am

Amaury wrote:Hello,

Concerning IkMultimedia plugins, there are definitely known issues. We are now closely working with IkMultimedia as to solve these issues. I can't yet tell when or if we'll see results because I'm not able to plan work been done by them, but be assured that we are active on the topic.

Regards,
Amaury
Should we keep sending IK related bug reports?

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 am

slirak wrote:
Amaury wrote:Hello,

Regards,
Amaury
Should we keep sending IK related bug reports?
Hi,

It seems that it could help if you can send them bug reports with step by step instructions how to reproduce a problem. In which case you should also send it to our support, as we are in contact, and it would help keeping an overview on the cases.

Thanks,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi,
Live 8.1.5b2 appears to have cured the persistent crashing problem that first manifested on my both my Win XP32 systems when I installed 8.1.4

I went from 8.1 straight to 8.1.4.

I had stuck with 8.1 because it was stable - that'll teach me!

I didn't realize sets created in 8.1.4 would not load into 8.1 (eh?) Ableton, please keep all sets compatible inside a version number.

Anyway, crashing problem now solved - for me at least.

Cheers,
bagginz

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Upon reflection, I'd rather be more positive and encouraging... Theres bugs and everyone knows the program has been less then stable.. But your working on it, and thats all that really matters in the end.

Besides crashing upon the first VST scan and having to copy the contents of the unlock folder from 8.1.1 to this betas unlock folder to authorize it which set me off originally.. It's actually running pretty darn good. I was getting some very bad audio sync issues with live lately, mainly 8.1.1.. Which I'm certain is caused by rex files.. Anyway, that problem doesn't seem to be happening anymore on this version.. And I'm thankful for that.. That was driving me mad!

Keep up the good work and continued success resolving issues. Thanks

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:52 pm

This beta version is very stable! Much more stable than the version 8.0.5. that I started with.
Loading times and audio handling seem to have improved as well.

Keep up the great work.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Ableton stop with the making a new file format for every decimal point update. Its silly.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

dna598 wrote:Ableton stop with the making a new file format for every decimal point update. Its silly.
Hello,

We stopped with 8.1.3 and hopefully for ever until the next major version. Did you experience otherwise?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 am

Amaury wrote:
dna598 wrote:Ableton stop with the making a new file format for every decimal point update. Its silly.
Hello,

We stopped with 8.1.3 and hopefully for ever until the next major version. Did you experience otherwise?

Regards,
Amaury
Excellent :mrgreen: Thank you, I appreciate it.

Cheers,
bagginz

dna598

Post by dna598 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 am

Amaury wrote: Hello,

Regards,
Amaury

apologies then, my hastiness with the keyboard got the better of me.

I didnt download any more updates after 8.1.1. And I probably wont cos it seems ok for me and some friends.

Those words "next major version" gave me butterflies. I cannot wait to auditon those slices in the clip view!

Thank you!
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

zeepster

Post by zeepster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:32 am

Amaury wrote:...

Regards,
Amaury
Glad to know you and IKM are working on the crashing bug. I can only hope it's not going to take too long.

ChrisIhao

Post by ChrisIhao » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:42 pm

My two cents. To me Ableton have proved themselves to be extremely good at following up cases, even when the fault probably lies with the 3rd party vst developer.

I recently was involved in troubleshooting Tassman 4 for both Ableton and Applied Acoustics and even if Ableton hung it turned out to be exclusively Tassman 4 that was causing the crashes (something to do with direct draw and gdi). Even so they did quite a bit of testing to be sure Live was not the cause here, and they kept me updated at all times.

Its important to keep a cool head and dont go pointing fingers before something is thoroughly researched. I would contact the support teams on both sides and explain exactly what I've done/not done and offer to help.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:54 pm

"- Fixed a bug where typing a tempo in the BPM field of a warped clip would give a slightly wrong number (i.e. you type "100" and "100.0001" gets entered", which led to some neutrality problems.

Is this the brown henke dither bug i allways complain about where everybody thinks i am crazzy because i question the pristine audio quality of live?

to bad the 8.15 dont runs on my computer..

8.14 is howeverable to work without at least weekly crashes for the first time now since I touched L8..

>3 days without a crash !!!! wow.. thats my personl L8 record under production use
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,