Loop length Automation in Sampler

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
uk1simon

Loop length Automation in Sampler

Post by uk1simon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi Everyone,
Is there anyway to automate loop length in Sampler, i'm trying to create a drum roll which speeds up into a note which I will then play back on the keyboard. I can do this easily in simpler, but I want to use the advanced features in sampler.

Any thoughts guys?

Simon.

Re: Loop length Automation in Sampler

Post by 4.33 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:14 pm

i might not remember it correctly - but you need the last tab in sampler. modulators. you can choose Loop Length perameter and it'll be assigned to a mod wheel or whatever. you can then automate it

uk1simon

Post by uk1simon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks 4.33, OK sort of getting there,
Am using the LFO2 in modulation and Loop Length. I have a drum which I am chopping the length while looping to create a note to play on the keyboard. (Kinda like Swedish House Mafia - One) Only thing is I want to get to a certain loop length and hold it there, but obviously the LFO rises up and down.

Ahhhh, please ableton allow automation on the loop length in sampler, as you have in Simpler!!!

Anybody else got knowledge on this one?

Thanks

Post by 4.33 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:46 pm

ok, here

you go to the MIDI tab
where it says Mod Wheel - pick Loop Length and set it to full positive (100) or negative (-100). if it's 100 then minimum loop length will be achieved when the enfelope is all the way down and vice versa.
then set the sampler into either retrigger or "bounce" mode (2 forward arrows or 2 arrows in opposite directions)
then go into clip's envelopes and pick mod wheel envelope
voila - you can now draw a freehand automation

PS: sorry about confusing you with Modulations tab. it's not what you need for this

uk1simon

Post by uk1simon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Thank You 4.33.

Sorted, excellent :D