TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:27 pm

The new 1.3 update features sound sick!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:33 pm

Scuzzer wrote:Hi! This looks like a very handy app to use with my iPad and Ableton Live. Just one quick (and rather newbie/dumb?) question: Will I be able to play and record MIDI from my Nord Electro keyboard connected with my computer through an Edirol UM-1EX interface at the same time as using TouchAble? I.e. can I start a recording of a MIDI track in Ableton with TouchAble and then play the notes on the Nord Electro? I'm not really familiar with how MIDI works, my concern is the potential that there will be some kind of interference between the two devices, but I hope they work parallel somehow?

Regards,
Johannes
Of course you can do it! Absolutely no problem :)
Even better, if you want to loop things on the fly, use the option "1 tap recording" (in the settings menu): specify a length using the global quantization menu, then every time you want to record midi or audio you just have to press 1 time, and the recording will stop by itself at the end of the length used. Great feature for drummers, guitarists, keyboard players..

Scuzzer

Post by Scuzzer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm

rabouille wrote:
Scuzzer wrote:Hi! This looks like a very handy app to use with my iPad and Ableton Live. Just one quick (and rather newbie/dumb?) question: Will I be able to play and record MIDI from my Nord Electro keyboard connected with my computer through an Edirol UM-1EX interface at the same time as using TouchAble? I.e. can I start a recording of a MIDI track in Ableton with TouchAble and then play the notes on the Nord Electro? I'm not really familiar with how MIDI works, my concern is the potential that there will be some kind of interference between the two devices, but I hope they work parallel somehow?

Regards,
Johannes
Even better, if you want to loop things on the fly, use the option "1 tap recording" (in the settings menu): specify a length using the global quantization menu, then every time you want to record midi or audio you just have to press 1 time, and the recording will stop by itself at the end of the length used. Great feature for drummers, guitarists, keyboard players..
Cool, then I'll buy it right away. :) Thanks!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Scuzzer wrote:
rabouille wrote:

Regards,
Johannes
Cool, then I'll buy it right away. :) Thanks!
fair enough! ;)

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:32 pm

What new version 1.3? Exciting!

I couldn't find anything on their site.

I wish they would start new threads - 47 pages is taking the piss and too much to scroll through. Also, if it was something new like a new version then it would not necessitate trawling through this thread every time someone adds to it...

Please touchable - new version deserves a new thread!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

razorblade

Post by razorblade » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:34 pm

tw1nstates wrote:What new version 1.3? Exciting!

I wish they would start new threads - 47 pages is taking the piss and too much to scroll through. Also, if it was something new like a new version then it would not necessitate trawling through this thread every time someone adds to it...

I was just about to ask the same thing....
No...I am 3phase!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:46 pm

tw1nstates wrote:What new version 1.3? Exciting!

We 'll do as soon as 1.3 is officially launched we'll open a new one ;)

Btw our facebook pages (profile and product page) are updated very often, kind of blog to us...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001354279151
http://www.facebook.com/pages/touchAble/103674246353080

We promised a little preview of the 1.3 changelog, so here it is (the list is not complete some stuffs are going to be added in the next few days).
Video coming in the next days.
It should not take too long till the release.

bugfixes:
- arm / exclusive arm fixed
- numerous fixes for smaller issues / crashes / performance improvements

changes / new features:

Clips:
- added Loop menu to clip module. Do loops on the fly - on whole tracks or on already prepared loops. think Traktor looping - Keep loops that you like.
- Added beatjump/loopjump menu to clip module. Do beatjumps / loopjumps of a set size in the currently playing clip of a track.
- track buttons in the clip module now function as 'jump to active clip' buttons. For group-tracks they allow to fold and unfold the tracks.

Mixer:
Completely rebuilt mixer:
- added crossfader to mixer
- added A/B control to mixer
- added support for as many sends as you like
- added possibility to show as many faders at once as you like - and you can decide which!.
- added the possibility to control return tracks the same way you can control normal tracks
- added "+" mode to fullscreen for double length faders for precision tasks
- added snapmode to mixer

Drums:
- added velocity sensitivity to drum pads (as a third option, as we see it more as a gimmick)

XYPad:
- snapshots will be saved with saved templates of XY pad now
- after morphing / playing / stopping snapshots the dots will not be affected by gravity till touched

General:
- Added support for 4 iPads
- Added possibility to link several ipads (they will follow the same area of the Set at all times)
- touchable will prefer a wired connection if available (MyWi etc)
- design & layout changes throughout the app
- added 16 tracks mode
- Finally touchable will connect via bonjour - tests show that almost no setup is needed to connect (forget the stupid guides ;)

New Settings:

Clips:
Lock navigation in Clip grid - On / Off:
-If enabled, clips will start immediately after touching - but you won't be able to scroll in the clip grid

Slide Clips to launch in Nav Lock Mode - On / Off:
-Makes it possible to slide e.g. a row of clips in different tracks to start them

Devices:
Always Open Device View 8 - On / Off:
-If enabled, devices will always show the FX8 view instead of switching to FX32 for devices with more parameters.

Mixer:
Relative Crossfader - On / Off:
-same as relative faders elsewhere - just for the crossfader ;)

Hide Mutes - On/Off:
-If enabled, mutes are hidden from the view.

Max Shown Controls for 2/4/8/16 tracks mode (0-8, 0 being disabled):
-You can set the maximum amount of controls shown per channel in each of the different sizes. When changing size the mixer will automatically show/hide faders depending on your preference.

General:
Link iPads - On / Off:
- enables or disables automatic following of secondary ipads.

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 pm

Sweet,

Thanks.

Kill this thread with a new one!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 am

tw1nstates wrote:Sweet,

Kill this thread...
That's harsh. :evil:
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 am

Now , that's what I call an update. :D

Added support for 4 iPads
Shit no :( :lol:

How long are you expecting before update is officially released?? (ball park would be good)

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 am

Sibanger wrote:Now , that's what I call an update. :D

How long are you expecting before update is officially released?? (ball park would be good)
Hey Hey, we have decided to stop announcing release date, but you're not going to wait for too long :)
Preview video coming...

Breaks Dude

Post by Breaks Dude » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 pm

rabouille wrote:
Sibanger wrote:Now , that's what I call an update. :D

Hey Hey, we have decided to stop announcing release date, but you're not going to wait for too long :)
Preview video coming...
Can someone tell me why my APC 40 won't light up or work when booting up Ableton while Touchable server is running? I did find a workaround (closing the program and opening again) but it kind of freaks me out.

Win7 + Ableton 8.2.2 here on a wi-fi network.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Breaks Dude wrote: Can someone tell me why my APC 40 won't light up or work when booting up Ableton while Touchable server is running? I did find a workaround (closing the program and opening again) but it kind of freaks me out.

Win7 + Ableton 8.2.2 here on a wi-fi network.
I have the same issue with the MPK Mini. Same solution but would like to know if this is going to be addressed.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

teknobryan

Post by teknobryan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 pm

any new "native" devices like EQ8?

ddr400

Post by ddr400 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Great news!
Any chance to fix gui delay bug? :)