TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rabouille

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:25 pm

JannisPablo wrote:First i have to say i love your app!!!
Installation on mac was Easy.
And it makes me happy to hear that you plan to implement Step-Sequencer, looking forward to see how tis will be done!
Next thing i like are the Native Templates, i would like to see some more, great Work, do you have a list witch one are implemented yet, and wich one will be implemented in future updates?

Big Up for your Work, well done!

:D
Next for sure will be pingpong delay.
in our priority we have simpler, impulse, reverb, compressor, grain delay, auto filter and frequency filter. these ones will come in the next weeks, can't give you an exact date.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

You have to disable bluetooth? So if I get this I won't be able to use the wireless apple trackpad? Or wireless mouse?
Professional Shark Jumper.

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:52 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:You have to disable bluetooth? So if I get this I won't be able to use the wireless apple trackpad? Or wireless mouse?
you don't have to disable bluetooth, just if you get lags issues, seems to fix it, helped few users, that the feedback we had.

eegee

Post by eegee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Curious - is connecting via an ad-hoc wireless network the ONLY option? I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 that is hard wired via ethernet cable to my wireless router. If I bought this - what is the recommended way for me to connect touchable and my pc?

EG

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:56 pm

I'll stop posting my user problem diatribes in here and start going direct for support or to their forum. I think my rants were mostly in spiteful response to the "It connected and worked perfect in 5 minutes" bastards.

In all fairness in comparing this to LiveControl, LiveControl has been around a lot longer than this and has gone through a long history of similar connection problems. I pretty much gave up and I'm sure it's probably a lot more stable now, months later, but they too had to go through this painful period.

More of a general question about adhoc networks here. When I went to connect back to my wireless router I thought it fucked everything up because it wouldn't connect or get a signal but it had to do with the adhoc network using a set static address and when using the router it needs to let the hamster in my laptop detect and set the address. As a Mac user this is way more than I ever wanted to know or do. Is there any way to setup an adhoc network that will just let me flip between that and the router by selecting either and not having to manually do anything in top of that?

Part 2: Is this "just use an adhoc network" going to be the status quo or can anything be done on the programming end so that going through a router will be just as reliable?

rmacgregor

Post by rmacgregor » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey there, I could not get touchable to work until I updated live to 8.1.5
Now touchable works great.
iMac 2.4Gig 24"
Mac OS 10.5
Pesonus Firepod
Behringer FCB1010
Behringer BCF2000
YSM1P
some other stuff

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm

eegee wrote:Curious - is connecting via an ad-hoc wireless network the ONLY option? I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 that is hard wired via ethernet cable to my wireless router. If I bought this - what is the recommended way for me to connect touchable and my pc?

EG
please read this:
http://touch-able.com/Site/Setup-Guide_Windows.html

Ad hoc is 100% reliable. router is completly safe, but you must be sure that your router connexion is perfect.

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:37 pm

rmacgregor wrote:Hey there, I could not get touchable to work until I updated live to 8.1.5
Now touchable works great.
interesting and weird...what was your previous version installed? what was your issue exactly.
We made test with different version of Live 8 and it works with all

anyway, glad to hear you fixed your issue.

jxsbebop

Post by jxsbebop » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't post on this forum too often. I just wanted to say this app ROCKS!!!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

rabouille wrote:
JannisPablo wrote:First i have to say i love your app!!!
Installation on mac was Easy.
And it makes me happy to hear that you plan to implement Step-Sequencer, looking forward to see how tis will be done!
Next thing i like are the Native Templates, i would like to see some more, great Work, do you have a list witch one are implemented yet, and wich one will be implemented in future updates?

Big Up for your Work, well done!

:D
Next for sure will be pingpong delay.
in our priority we have simpler, impulse, reverb, compressor, grain delay, auto filter and frequency filter. these ones will come in the next weeks, can't give you an exact date.

That's all good and well, BUT WHAT ABOUT IF ALL OF THOSE FX RESIDE IN RACKS ?
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm

beats me wrote:I'll stop posting my user problem diatribes in here and start going direct for support or to their forum. I think my rants were mostly in spiteful response to the "It connected and worked perfect in 5 minutes" bastards.

In all fairness in comparing this to LiveControl, LiveControl has been around a lot longer than this and has gone through a long history of similar connection problems. I pretty much gave up and I'm sure it's probably a lot more stable now, months later, but they too had to go through this painful period.

More of a general question about adhoc networks here. When I went to connect back to my wireless router I thought it fucked everything up because it wouldn't connect or get a signal but it had to do with the adhoc network using a set static address and when using the router it needs to let the hamster in my laptop detect and set the address. As a Mac user this is way more than I ever wanted to know or do. Is there any way to setup an adhoc network that will just let me flip between that and the router by selecting either and not having to manually do anything in top of that?

Part 2: Is this "just use an adhoc network" going to be the status quo or can anything be done on the programming end so that going through a router will be just as reliable?

beats, beats, beats. :| :lol: It pains me to see you having so much trouble.

One thing that I've found works well is to NOT have Live running when you begin the start sequence steps. Their website is confusing. It says to start Live on the 3rd of 4th set of instructions, then do some other stuff, then it says to start Live (again? after I shut it down from the first start up? after the zombie apocalypse? wtf) Ugg.

Starting Live should be done AFTER you set your MIDI prefs on the iPad touchAble app and BEFORE you start touchAble on the iPad.

While I could get everything going with Live open after I created my ad hoc network, it was the exception rather than the rule.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:06 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:[

One thing that I've found works well is to NOT have Live running when you begin the start sequence steps. Their website is confusing. It says to start Live on the 3rd of 4th set of instructions, then do some other stuff, then it says to start Live (again? after I shut it down from the first start up? after the zombie apocalypse? wtf) Ugg.

Starting Live should be done AFTER you set your MIDI prefs on the iPad touchAble app and BEFORE you start touchAble on the iPad.

While I could get everything going with Live open after I created my ad hoc network, it was the exception rather than the rule.

nepotist

Post by nepotist » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 am

Works great for me, this app is sick.
The Sales Department
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
BANDCAMP Download "Airlock" free-10 songs recorded in 10 Days

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:29 am

nepotist wrote:Works great for me

Don't say that. You're going to send beats into a TAILSPIN from which I fear he might not recover. :lol:

beats. Mission Impossible? lol.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:51 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
nepotist wrote:Works great for me

Don't say that. You're going to send beats into a TAILSPIN from which I fear he might not recover. :lol:

beats. Mission Impossible? lol.
Griid has super star DJ Ritchie Hawtin so I storyboarded the attempted TouchAble setup process being performed by action star Tom Cruise. I think my other posts in this thread have been a little wordy.