TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

glitchrock-buddha

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Nice, I hadn't gotten to the clip selection features yet. Very cool.

I have to give props for a few really well thought out design elements. The ability to load a different element on the top or bottom half is very cool. So you can have any combination of two screens, like clips + mixer, or mixer + device control, or full screen of one of them.

I'm really glad you chose to use faders for the device controls by the way, it's much better on a flat surface than dials. And I really love the 32 control layout, that's awesome for VSTs and the faders really let you have lots at once if you want.

For the keyboard, the pitch control is great - the reset button is absolutely essential. One thing though, there should be a momentary mode, where rather than having to press the button to reset the pitch slider, it resets as soon as you lift your finger off of it. Like the way it works on hardware pitch wheels/joysticks. Unless there's already a way to do that?

I'm looking forward to what you come up with for clip editing/sequencing. Live control has a pretty cool one, however the notes are always the same size so when you change to a grid size that's different from where you have notes, the notes disappear on screen, which isn't very easy to work with. If you came up with a sequencer that like you change the length of the notes and they were always visible, that would really complete this app!

Well done. :D
Professional Shark Jumper.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 pm

I want slot machine style independent track scrolling. Not joking. Maybe I have some beats at the top that would be slick with a bass line at the bottom and so on.

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:46 pm

We are working on the first update, we' ve been collecting request since a week, obviously we can't add everything but some users gave us good ideas.
Stay tuned.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 pm

rabouille wrote:We are working on the first update, we' ve been collecting request since a week, obviously we can't add everything but some users gave us good ideas.
Stay tuned.
Awesome, looking forward to it!

By the way, the method you posted about creating a shared network for "wired" connections"... so is this only for it the internet connection is wired directly into your computer? So if I use a laptop and internet is used by wifi I have no reason to check this method out right? (I assume this would only be relevant to desktop users).

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:38 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
rabouille wrote:We are working on the first update, we' ve been collecting request since a week, obviously we can't add everything but some users gave us good ideas.
Stay tuned.

By the way, the method you posted about creating a shared network for "wired" connections"... so is this only for it the internet connection is wired directly into your computer? So if I use a laptop and internet is used by wifi I have no reason to check this method out right? (I assume this would only be relevant to desktop users).
It is useful cause with this network connection , it doesn't forget the settings. you don't need to really share the internet connection, possible without sharing anything, just everytime you turn your computer on, your settings will be automatically here. No need to do it everytime.
I'll try to post a video soon.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:05 pm

rabouille wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:
Stay tuned.

It is useful cause with this network connection , it doesn't forget the settings. you don't need to really share the internet connection, possible without sharing anything, just everytime you turn your computer on, your settings will be automatically here. No need to do it everytime.
I'll try to post a video soon.
Cool, but my question was when you say "wired", you mean the ethernet cable has to actually be physically plugged in to my laptop at all times? If I'm a laptop user who uses wifi, then this does not apply to me, correct?

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 pm

you don't need to have an ethernet cable plugged, that's the trick.
Cool, but my question was when you say "wired", you mean the ethernet cable has to actually be physically plugged in to my laptop at all times? If I'm a laptop user who uses wifi, then this does not apply to me, correct?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:32 pm

rabouille wrote:you don't need to have an ethernet cable plugged, that's the trick.
Oh ok cool. It was confusing when you said "for those lucky enough to have a wired connection...". I still don't know what you meant by that.

Shinzu

Post by Shinzu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 pm

hi ,

which ip-ports uses touchable-server to communicate with the ipad-app? ... need this information for my firewall-ruleset ^^
Unix is for Stability,Macintosh is for productivity,and Windows is for Solitare!

Steo

Post by Steo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Lol, I'm just another guy who decided to buy the app before the iPad :evil:

Need to get an iPad... NOW !

((steo))

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Glad to hear it,sounds good :)
Steo wrote:Lol, I'm just another guy who decided to buy the app before the iPad :evil:

((steo))

slirak

Post by slirak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Steo wrote:Lol, I'm just another guy who decided to buy the app before the iPad :evil:

((steo))
+1. Now Steve, release the effin iPad in Sweden will'ya?!

botina06

Post by botina06 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Make TouchAble work for Live 7 as well!!!

bynoe

Post by bynoe » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:55 am

Just got touchable last night. This thing is really really good. Far better than any of the hardware controllers vie used. If you have an iPad this is essential.