TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:08 am

Dubspot shows how to use touchAble, 3 videos series presented by Ableton instructor Tony Grund:

http://blog.dubspot.com/ableton-live-vi ... -for-ipad/

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Blah.

I've been experiencing significant dropouts in the connection between TouchAble and Live. Like every 20 or 30 seconds or so, the connection is lost. This just started happening yesterday. I've not updated or changed a thing on my MacBook. Been creating an ad hoc network and setting everything up the standard way I have been for weeks...

What gives?

:?:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

john gordon
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Delaware

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by john gordon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Blah.

I've been experiencing significant dropouts in the connection between TouchAble and Live. Like every 20 or 30 seconds or so, the connection is lost. This just started happening yesterday. I've not updated or changed a thing on my MacBook. Been creating an ad hoc network and setting everything up the standard way I have been for weeks...

What gives?

:?:
i read somewhere this happens when you are using a crack of ableton live.busted.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:31 pm

john gordon wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Blah.

I've been experiencing significant dropouts in the connection between TouchAble and Live. Like every 20 or 30 seconds or so, the connection is lost. This just started happening yesterday. I've not updated or changed a thing on my MacBook. Been creating an ad hoc network and setting everything up the standard way I have been for weeks...

What gives?

:?:
i read somewhere this happens when you are using crack.
fixxxxxxXXXXXXX'd
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Okay, had to create another ad hoc network and so far the connection seems stable. Actually, it worked on my 3rd ad hoc attempt.

A hard wire USB connection CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH for the iPad. One that doesn't require jailbreaking.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

kultschar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by kultschar » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Cool product - I feel like a fool at eyeing up APC hardware / launched etc

Are we close to the first update? :D

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm

kultschar wrote:Cool product - I feel like a fool at eyeing up APC hardware / launched etc

Are we close to the first update? :D
we are Very close to the first update! massive improvements first update, we are really proud , can't wait to get users feedback!

kultschar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by kultschar » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:10 pm

rabouille wrote:
kultschar wrote:Cool product - I feel like a fool at eyeing up APC hardware / launched etc

Are we close to the first update? :D
we are Very close to the first update! massive improvements first update, we are really proud , can't wait to get users feedback!
Super stuff, you sir have saved me a lot of cash as I already had an iPad

I salute you!!!

Also all this whinging about interface colours etc, I love it!!

Amazing product for a version 1 launch

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm ready to be a beta tester, rabouille.

Just sayin'.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:15 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Okay, had to create another ad hoc network and so far the connection seems stable. Actually, it worked on my 3rd ad hoc attempt.

A hard wire USB connection CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH for the iPad. One that doesn't require jailbreaking.

I highly recommend you that one : http://www.touch-able.com/Site/AdHoc-Guide2_Mac.html

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:46 pm

update on its way...faster loading, inertial scrolling, slots size options, and plenty of improvements...get ready guys

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:47 am

Will the update feature scrolling when you've got full mixing view going?
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:50 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Will the update feature scrolling when you've got full mixing view going?
yes it will :)

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Nice.

Where's my beta?

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

kultschar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by kultschar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Has the update been submited to Apple yet?? :lol:

Post Reply