TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm

razorblade wrote:Is this a free update, or is it going to cost me 25 bucks?
it is a free update.


RajahP
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13 am

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by RajahP » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 pm

rabouille wrote:touchAble 1.1 features video

http://vimeo.com/17081711

Nice, it's on my list for Santa along with the IPad..

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:30 pm

RajahP wrote:
rabouille wrote:touchAble 1.1 features video

http://vimeo.com/17081711

Nice, it's on my list for Santa along with the IPad..
god bless santa claus

Frederik654
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by Frederik654 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Congratz boys with the update, seems nice so far (had only yesterday the chance to test a bit for an hour or so).

However, I got a problem that I will try to test further this evening;

A softsynth (u-He ACE) seemed to get some strange hiccups. Basically I was creating a patch while playing in Touch with the keys page but the sliders of the synth that I was mousing were almost stuck the whole time I was playing notes.

This was never the case before and I only yesterday it was there after the Touch patch. Will give more feedback later today.

Oh and I don't like the looks of the stop all clips function.
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Frederik654 wrote:Congratz boys with the update, seems nice so far (had only yesterday the chance to test a bit for an hour or so).

However, I got a problem that I will try to test further this evening;

A softsynth (u-He ACE) seemed to get some strange hiccups. Basically I was creating a patch while playing in Touch with the keys page but the sliders of the synth that I was mousing were almost stuck the whole time I was playing notes.

This was never the case before and I only yesterday it was there after the Touch patch. Will give more feedback later today.

Oh and I don't like the looks of the stop all clips function.

I don't think it comes from touchAble... I just own a demo version of ACE, and i can say i had several strange hiccups a few times. Really amazing softsynth, with some weird bugs in Live sometimes, but maybe due to my demo version1.0...don't know.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:53 pm

An amazing update to what is now my only controller. :P

But an X/Y pad is still sorely needed. :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:40 am

Strange that the old touchable app had the cool graphic logo, but the new update has the default mac app logo with the paper and pencils.

Nice clean consistent look on this version though in the ipad, I like the minor changes.

One suggestion. It wold be very useful to have track select on the mixer page. It's just more intuitive to select a track to control devices that way, rather than going to another page on the device page and back. If you could select a track on the mixer page you could quickly go back and forth between your main devices on different tracks while keeping the parameters up. Or am I missing something?

It also seems like there is a problem with the device on/off button. When you hit it, the device turns off, but the button still says "on" and you can't turn it back on unless you go to another view and come back.
Professional Shark Jumper.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:24 am

Hmm. Correct logo for the icon here...

And yeah, the new colors/graphics are very nice and a welcome improvement.

:)

+1 on the track select at the mixer page.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

globalgoon
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:52 am

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by globalgoon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:03 pm

I just bought an iPad so I could use this software.

It's great!

Looking forward to the crossfader - - How will you fit it in? any screenshots we can peruse? :mrgreen:

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 pm

globalgoon wrote:I just bought an iPad so I could use this software.

It's great!

Looking forward to the crossfader - - How will you fit it in? any screenshots we can peruse? :mrgreen:
thanks :)
We are working on the crossfader integration...we'll let you know in time ;)

Frederik654
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by Frederik654 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 pm

One isse still present that probably is very easy to do on the iPad and the Win7 adhoc network..

Everytime I create the connection between desktop and iPad the ip adress changes after a few minutes (why ??). When I reconnect with the new ip it's back ok but when the iPad goes in standby I need to do this again.

Probably needs a fixed ip but dunno exactly how to set it in Win7 and the iPad (I know how to execute it, I just don't know what adress to give both). And I still don't know if that solves the issue of changing ip's after connection is made.

Also, sometimes Touchable loses connection and exits by itself or gets stuck. Than I need to shutdown the application and restart again.
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

rabouille
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Perpignan France
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Frederik654 wrote:One isse still present that probably is very easy to do on the iPad and the Win7 adhoc network..

Everytime I create the connection between desktop and iPad the ip adress changes after a few minutes (why ??). When I reconnect with the new ip it's back ok but when the iPad goes in standby I need to do this again.

Probably needs a fixed ip but dunno exactly how to set it in Win7 and the iPad (I know how to execute it, I just don't know what adress to give both). And I still don't know if that solves the issue of changing ip's after connection is made.

Also, sometimes Touchable loses connection and exits by itself or gets stuck. Than I need to shutdown the application and restart again.
mmmh, sounds weird....please can you send us a complete configuration details with screenshots at our support: support@touch-able.com
Nothing that cannot be fixed ;)

thanks for your feedback


LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Can you move or copy/paste clips within touchAble? Haven't seen anything on that.... I love to move stuff around during sets to create impromptu comps.

:?:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Post Reply