bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by H20nly » Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Hmmm. well, this has all been very educational. thanks.

:arrow:
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

macmurphy wrote:...of course there's always the chance my skills have hugely improved in the past couple of months :wink:

the only thing that really annoys me about this is attitudes from people on both sides of the fence.. such aggro.
hey noob, some of us have been hearing the same crap for years. it gets old.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu May 12, 2011 4:12 pm

macmurphy wrote:
G.D.Matteoni wrote:/snip.. please leave the discussion.
everybody has the right to post here, whatever their opinion on the subject - whether it's live sounds fine/bad/i'm sick of the discussion.

3phase wrote: btw.. first time since a while i rewired live into logic..the rewire bus is screwed, sound strange and makes scriiitching noises from time to time.. so the rewire bus is out of sync... and crashes ..so that option is history too as it looks..
yeah i've found rewire to be a little moody recently - when i start Live sometimes it says rewire has crashed/isn't working - whatever. completely random. lucky i don't use it.

keep in mind this is coming from someone who has always thought this discussion to be bollocks.
i've started remixing some recent tracks in another DAW and i'm finding that they are sounding more open and have more depth.
now, maybe it's just down to mixing in a different environment or maybe there really is something going on within Live that degrades the sound, who knows?
i know i won't be doing mixdowns in Live for the foreseeable future.

...of course there's always the chance my skills have hugely improved in the past couple of months :wink:

the only thing that really annoys me about this is attitudes from people on both sides of the fence.. such aggro.
when doing reason 5/reecord 1.5 beta testing I sent in a crash report to props having it rewired in to live 8. They sent me an message back staying that it had to do with the way in which ableton implemented rewire. Not sure if this applies to all aspects of ableton rewired, still interesting.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Thu May 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
macmurphy wrote:...of course there's always the chance my skills have hugely improved in the past couple of months :wink:

hey noob, some of us have been hearing the same crap for years. it gets old.
noob? ok, whatever :roll:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 12, 2011 5:41 pm

#$%^, pwned, didn't even look at your join date.

haven't you seen this over and over and over again? occasionally solid facts arise like the lack of delay compensation through plug ins but the basic "this sounds better than that" just never produces anything of substance. it's a given it'll get posted.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Thu May 12, 2011 7:18 pm

i completely agree, tone. hence..
macmurphy wrote:the point... what's the fucking point...? i can't go on any more... dear god let it end :cry:
it just comes down to trusting your ears, doesn't it? if you can get great results standing on one leg, do it.

but yeah, most if not all of these threads just become meaningless noise.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm

sorry man, I'm not paying very good attention. your patience with my fuckwittery is appreciated.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu May 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Tone Deft wrote:your patience with my fuckwittery is appreciated.
*sigh*

you would have to drop this jem the same day i found a new sig.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 am

Tone Deft wrote:#$%^, pwned, didn't even look at your join date.

haven't you seen this over and over and over again? occasionally solid facts arise like the lack of delay compensation through plug ins but the basic "this sounds better than that" just never produces anything of substance. it's a given it'll get posted.

come on guy..you are the tomato on the ears fraction by design..you state it in your name..just because you dont have the senses to get when something is wrong dont qualifies for playing the bully here..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 13, 2011 3:46 am

/pokes 3phase with a stick.

weird. :?

3phase, would you call yourself a happy person?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 am

Again with the "Tomato on the ears" ! WTF are you talking about?
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 am

maybe he means cauliflower?

:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 am

Tone Deft wrote:/pokes 3phase with a stick.

weird. :?

3phase, would you call yourself a happy person?

sure.. aslong i dont have to finish tracks with ableton live.. because this sucks in so many areas that its really a shame that they spend so much effort in integrating max instead fixing the basics first..

And the userbase very amusing... theese days really any retard is an audio engineer/producer... it is really magix
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri May 13, 2011 11:52 am

3phase wrote:theese days really any retard is an audio engineer/producer...
how would you qualify yourself?

zee verkawound

Post by zee verkawound » Fri May 13, 2011 2:52 pm

macmurphy wrote:i completely agree, tone. hence..
macmurphy wrote:the point... what's the fucking point...? i can't go on any more... dear god let it end :cry:
it just comes down to trusting your ears, doesn't it? if you can get great results standing on one leg, do it.

but yeah, most if not all of these threads just become meaningless noise.

The first part is the absolute and undeniable truth, the second part however is a perception and is not the truth but rather an agreement with someone else's perception.

I owe Ableton a debt of gratitude for introducing me to electronically facilitated music creation and production. That's a perception.

Ableton is not a 64bit application, is unstable according to a majority of people I have spoken and conversed with personally concerning high quality 3rd party plug ins, and as a progressive company that designs and sells cutting edge musical design and sequencing software, they consistently have released versions that need major refinements PAST the point where their next versions are made available to the public. These are all 100% factual statements.

You make your own choices.