bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Forge.
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Forge. » Fri May 13, 2011 8:45 pm

3phase wrote: just the truth .. live dont sounds as good as other daws ..
soo, again, why are you here?

docprosper
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by docprosper » Fri May 13, 2011 8:46 pm

3p... got something on your mind?
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Poster » Fri May 13, 2011 9:06 pm

abletontrainer.com wrote:
3phase wrote: just the truth .. live dont sounds as good as other daws ..
soo, again, why are you here?
good question..


from that villa bobo thread:
3phase wrote:It however allways was a reduction in soundquality to do the job with live..

live 1 actually was the best regarding that.. similar to some older digital synths it sounded so grainy and alaised that it was nice again in a way... but wasnt really ment as a daw back than.. 8 tracks ..8 loops...
but still buys upgrades till Live 8.. :?
fanboi..

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Poster wrote:
abletontrainer.com wrote:
3phase wrote: just the truth .. live dont sounds as good as other daws ..
soo, again, why are you here?
good question..


from that villa bobo thread:
3phase wrote:It however allways was a reduction in soundquality to do the job with live..

live 1 actually was the best regarding that.. similar to some older digital synths it sounded so grainy and alaised that it was nice again in a way... but wasnt really ment as a daw back than.. 8 tracks ..8 loops...
but still buys upgrades till Live 8.. :?
fanboi..
? do you think i ve spend another 1000 euro on this program and it still cant do proper midi and audio? and than it finaly started to crash on stage and therfore turned into a total piece of junk? but one cant just switch because of the two terrabytes of projekt data?
fuck.. i would go mental if such a thing would happen to me...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 13, 2011 9:16 pm

would go mental?

newsflash...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Tone Deft wrote:would go mental?

newsflash...

use some of theese and try again

Image
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

you're the old fart that says he's done live sound since Last Supper. your ears are fucked. there's no fix for that.

still wanna talk sound quality?

<this is a picture of a beer. have one. chillout. I'd post a pic but meh.>
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Poster » Fri May 13, 2011 9:29 pm

3phase wrote: ? do you think i ve spend another 1000 euro on this program and it still cant do proper midi and audio? and than it finaly started to crash on stage and therfore turned into a total piece of junk? but one cant just switch because of the two terrabytes of projekt data?
fuck.. i would go mental if such a thing would happen to me...
you know very well what I meant..
you've spent 1000 teuero on upgrades while fully aware of the fact that sound quality wasn't up to your standards, since Live 1..
fanboi..

looking foward to read your Live 9 rants.. :wink:

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Tone Deft wrote:you're the old fart that says he's done live sound since Last Supper. your ears are fucked. there's no fix for that.

still wanna talk sound quality?

<this is a picture of a beer. have one. chillout. I'd post a pic but meh.>

you are the guy that cant hear the difference..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Poster wrote:
3phase wrote: ? do you think i ve spend another 1000 euro on this program and it still cant do proper midi and audio? and than it finaly started to crash on stage and therfore turned into a total piece of junk? but one cant just switch because of the two terrabytes of projekt data?
fuck.. i would go mental if such a thing would happen to me...
you know very well what I meant..
you've spent 1000 teuero on upgrades while fully aware of the fact that sound quality wasn't up to your standards, since Live 1..
fanboi..

looking foward to read your Live 9 rants.. :wink:
as a stage software it dont matters so much and aslong it dont screws the recordings as it has started to do now on the midi side.

But the stage use is corrupted since L8..
In the moment the program got unstable it lost all its excuses for inferior performance in the standard production tasks..

We have a very expensiv product that cost by now more than a full logic package.. and on top of that you pay around 10 euro each month for the further development..

and after 10 years we have this?

Its time to name the drawbacks of the program and to get rid of propaganda lies...

Live allways had a compromized soundquality and just because there was some progress dont says that they are as good as the others by now.

Its a myth that all daws sound the same.. not the other way around
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

H20nly
Posts: 15850
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by H20nly » Fri May 13, 2011 9:59 pm

3phase wrote:
H20nly wrote:does that mean you cannot name a track that is recorded the way you like it?

does it mean that there are no commercial versions of henke dither?

lastly, i just feel the need to say that i don't have Logic, Quick Time, or any big cone shaped purple external fx like you do. does this mean i cannot make music the way you like it and without henke dither?
ImageImage
i'm confused by your reply. do you mean that your tests should be done in stereo?

also, i'm still wondering if there is a track that is recorded the way you like and where i can find an example of brown hinke dither in finished music.

thanks for all your help so far!
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 13, 2011 10:06 pm

I hear artifacts in obvious places, mp3 rates, internet audio, re-issued, re-mastered classic re-released albums, poorly setup sound systems, bad rooms, etc. I hear them when I screw up some setting in my computer.

I do not blame Live for bad audio in my life. if I did, I would not waste my time with it. what's the point of laying down audio that sounds like shit? that's what you're claiming to do, it makes no sense. great productions start with great recordings.

bad midi performance? you're the asshole plugging into PAs playing music with a DAW with the worst midi playback in the industry! why do you do that?

you are literally insane, and you lay it out on us.



is brown Henke dither that ringing in your ears?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Poster » Fri May 13, 2011 10:16 pm

3phase wrote:
Poster wrote:
3phase wrote: ? do you think i ve spend another 1000 euro on this program and it still cant do proper midi and audio? and than it finaly started to crash on stage and therfore turned into a total piece of junk? but one cant just switch because of the two terrabytes of projekt data?
fuck.. i would go mental if such a thing would happen to me...
you know very well what I meant..
you've spent 1000 teuero on upgrades while fully aware of the fact that sound quality wasn't up to your standards, since Live 1..
fanboi..

looking foward to read your Live 9 rants.. :wink:
as a stage software it dont matters so much and aslong it dont screws the recordings as it has started to do now on the midi side.
so.. as you say, you have 2 TB of Live project data..
that means you have recorded and produced in Live for a long time already because if it were for playing live only you would not have to transfer that data..
while fully aware Live doesn't provide the quality you're after, you kept on using it, and being a good fanboi, buying an upgrade year after year..

seriously, why should anyone credit you for your self-proclaimed knowledge while you're not even capable of picking the right DAW after 10+ years..?

see you at Live 9, 3phanboi..!

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by 3phase » Fri May 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I hear artifacts in obvious places, mp3 rates, internet audio, re-issued, re-mastered classic re-released albums, poorly setup sound systems, bad rooms, etc. I hear them when I screw up some setting in my computer.

I do not blame Live for bad audio in my life. if I did, I would not waste my time with it. what's the point of laying down audio that sounds like shit? that's what you're claiming to do, it makes no sense. great productions start with great recordings.

bad midi performance? you're the asshole plugging into PAs playing music with a DAW with the worst midi playback in the industry! why do you do that?

you are literally insane, and you lay it out on us.



is brown Henke dither that ringing in your ears?
i just fight theese wiping under the carpet politics where everybody that encounters some reduced soundquality on certain projekts gets treated here like a lunatic.. its just a fact that other daws sound a little bit better.. and just after abletons own statements in the manual all degenrations that might happen to the audio data are not supposed to be audible regarding the manual.
So when it is not a feature it must be a bug.

That dont says that one cant work with live or do less demanding projekts with it ... but it says that the daw should improve.. and in a surrounding where even the request for that is handled like a stupid insult that is not likely to happen.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: bad ableton sound rumour - just caught myself :-)

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 13, 2011 10:43 pm

3phase wrote:everybody that encounters some reduced soundquality on certain projekts gets treated here like a lunatic...
why don't you just deal with those cases as they arise and stop being such a screaming child?

many threads where someone is complaining about sound quality are people learning the tool for the first time. I've had people send me their projects and have done basic tweaks to them. the differences can be amazing. maybe you just need help.



all that aside, pick on Ableton and not the users and I don't really care. Live could totally be better, give 'em hell.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Post Reply