Newbie Question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Optionvdo

Newbie Question

Post by Optionvdo » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:17 pm

I have been DJing for 12 years but never embraced the production side or use of a computer to produce/remix, etc. I do use CDJ 1000's and are very excited aobut the possibilities of those. I now use probably 70percent cd to vinyl.

I am currently researching different software for me to step into this. I have looked into Cubase and most recently Ableton Live. I hear different things from different people and wondered if anyone could give me any advice? I am interested in remixing and mastering my mixes from live sets and eventually composing/producing. Any thoughts? I'm sure this has been touched on beofre so I appologize if this question has been asked.

sqook

Post by sqook » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:42 pm

My advice to you would be to try out as many different demo software tools as you can. You'll usually know within 10 minutes of using a demo whether or not it's worth saving your pennies up for or not. Over time, you'll find the set of tools that you feel most comfortable working with.

signifier

Live's ya tool

Post by signifier » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:39 am

sounds like live is the tool for the job you want to do. for remixing on the fly, there's no better software