(way OT) Daily show in europe

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

(way OT) Daily show in europe

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:46 pm

For people not familiar with the daily show, this post mathers the most.
Jon stewart now has a global edition of his show appearing on cnn.
The show is actually a "fake" news. But considering how fake the real news is.....
Anyway, if you want facts presented in sarcastic way, then this is a show you want to see (or record).

http://edition.cnn.com/CNNI/schedules/schedule.4.html

airs friday and saterdaynight at 00.30 gmt.
Cheers

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:19 pm

Jon Stewart is funny, but I still think Dennis Miller is better.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:26 pm

Nah, Dennis Miller comes off like an old man waay too often. They're both extremely witty.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:33 pm

Maybe its because Dennis Miller was on HBO and not Comedy Central. But you are right, cause when it comes to SNL, it could anybody!

special ed

Post by special ed » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:36 am

jon stewart is in his own league i think. hes saying something important that needs to be said, whereas dennis miller is more of a right wing sellout imo. plus the other guys on the daily show are fucking hilarious as well, steven colbert cracks me up.

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:36 am

Dennis Miller is a prick, and he's not funny. I thought he was funny the first time I saw him, but his humor grows old really fast. And yes I agree he is a right wing sellout. I didn't used to like Jon Stewart, but I have to say The Daily Show rocks. 8)

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:21 pm

This is good for those who haven't seen it.

John Stewart on CNN crossfire.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:48 pm

smutek wrote:This is good for those who haven't seen it.

John Stewart on CNN crossfire.
Yeah, it's an instant classic this one. I think this is why the daily show now airs worldwide on cnn. i watched it yesterday and it seems it's just the show like they aired during the week on comedy central. The opening credits just say global edition.
I think it shows how good the actual show really is.

You cant compare jon stewart with denis miller IMO, they both are stand-ups. But nobody beats stewart as a sit-down comic.
My favourite stand ups are richard pryor, george carlin and robin williams. It's an art as big as making music.

cheers

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:44 pm

Dennis Miller is funny, no doubt... but way too political.

i know, it would appear as though i am saying Jon Stewart is less political... but really he is. He made fun of Kerry's dumb-ass just as much as he makes fun of Bush's dumb-ass. Fair and Balanced Satire!!!!
He finds the humor in everything... his politics are obviously on the "progressive" and liberal side of the spectrum, but he doesn't let that stop him from poking fun at the entire spectrum.

Miller was funny on HBO and SNL, but on CNBC...
he's just way too serious. He's like the Bill Maher of the "Right".
Comedic background, but all business.

Stewart is the smarter, wittier man simply because he's capable of laughing at himself. He has a healthy, non-threatening Ego, which is rare amongst editorialists.

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:13 pm

I'd never seen him before, but I like this Stewart guy - he's able to laugh at himself, poke fun at others (of all on the political spectrum) and underneath he's making a serious comment.

Good guy.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:55 am

dennis miller pulled a 180 after 9-11. he's a right wing asshole propoganda machine while jon stewart mocks "the absurdity of the system", in his words.

speaking of, did anyone see see tom brokaw give jon stewart props on his calling crossfire on their bullshit?

k

special ed

Post by special ed » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:43 pm

i just got the jon stewart "america" book, and all i can say is the guy is one of the most important people in the world today. this country has gotten so facist that they only way to speak the truth to the masses is in political satire fasion, which jon stewart does brilliantly. i am happy for him that his show is now in global syndication. its the most intelligent thing on tv here in the states (that and along with south park)

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:06 pm

dennis miller def.sucks ass and isnt the least bit funny whatsoever.