mpc vs live 4.0 vs. reason 2.5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
garygenn69

mpc vs live 4.0 vs. reason 2.5

Post by garygenn69 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:49 pm

:?: I am new to all this digital synth, seq, and smplrs. Is there anyone out there that uses live and reason or similar and still find a need for a mpc . I guess i want to know if a mpc can still be utilized in all this digital synths and stuff What i want is a solid project studio I bought a tascam 1884 controller, I plan to get logic 7 and a powercore rack for plugins between Logic 7 and the pwrcore I will be able to master good qualityagain I use reason 2.5 and live 4.( which I am new to) I have alot to leran but I have people investing in me building a project studio so I have a chance to get stuff. The only down side is i dont have time to fully utilize stuff to see what there limitations are. that is why i am writing this . maybe some of you will have some comments, opinions, suggestions, or help on all this. I know reason has and live sampling functions, but there is something about a mpc. thanks for any helpin advance
Former Century Media Recording Artist

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:30 pm

hmmm after not turing my mpc2000 on for 4 months i sold it...I was suprised how much the thing kept its value after 6 years...

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:43 pm

the short and long answer is...of course an mpc is very useful in a project studio utilizing reason, Live 4, and Logic. with out a doubt, not to mention your control surface too, that is a mighty damn fine project studio you're about to have.
if you already have an mpc, keep it, if you don't get the 1000, very nice, easy integration with your software and system. use the mpc to trigger samples in reason and Live, don't forget to have alot of fun.
for the love of Live

DJ-WILDSTYLE

TRUST ME

Post by DJ-WILDSTYLE » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:55 pm

GET THE MPC 1000 :D