Fuse problem KRK RP5 mk1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Joriz

Fuse problem KRK RP5 mk1

Post by Joriz » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:31 pm

One of my krk`s has blown a fuse. When I replace the fuse its blows out again.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? I have these speakers for 4 years so the waranty has been expired.

Tone Deft

Re: Fuse problem KRK RP5 mk1

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:57 pm

has anything else in your home had this problem? have you been having lightning storms? are there any large electrical objects on the same circuit?

put them on a power conditioner like the classic Fuhrman unit.

strange that it's only one of them. worst case scenario is that it could start a fire, monitor the monitor closely and turn it off when you're not using it.

try opening it up and have a close look at the electronics. look for discoloration and weird smells. TBH those are inexpensive monitors it might just be shot. the more fuses you blow the more worn out it will become.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Joriz

Post by Joriz » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Tone Deft wrote:has anything else in your home had this problem? have you been having lightning storms? are there any large electrical objects on the same circuit?

put them on a power conditioner like the classic Fuhrman unit.

strange that it's only one of them. worst case scenario is that it could start a fire, monitor the monitor closely and turn it off when you're not using it.

try opening it up and have a close look at the electronics. look for discoloration and weird smells. TBH those are inexpensive monitors it might just be shot. the more fuses you blow the more worn out it will become.
thx for the reply

everything else in my house is fine exept for this speaker. When I replace the fuse the unit comes on but then the power led fades away en the fuse is blown again. I don`t dare opening it up because i won`t be able to fix it myself.

Tomorrow I wil take it to the music store and let the repaircenter take a look at it.

I wil let you know what the problem is/was.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 pm

smart move. I can see a connection coming lose from vibration and shorting out a power connection. definitely don't use it until it's looked at.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 pm

I had a problem with a krk rp10 (sub) a while back.

Kept blowing fuses so I took it back and had it 'fixed' 3 times.

After this it still blew fuses, so I had it replaced. New one had same problems.

Ended up being a manufacture quality issue. It took em a while to tell me they had issues.

Upgraded to V12 for a sweet deal in the end.

Joriz

Post by Joriz » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 am

The local music store had repaired the speaker. It was a faulty diode bridge,