Beware ! Sample CDs and shamless spam

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rikhyray

Beware ! Sample CDs and shamless spam

Post by rikhyray » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:20 pm

I received a personal message, from "reugg" who notoriously offers his sample CDs on this forum. Now it is clear he sells illegal copies..
Very impressive list- East West, Best Service Zero G, DNA but using Ableton forum to sell Live 3 crack ( I think for 20 or 30$) is a bit too much.
I dont think it is sensible to chase some students downloading shitloads of pop songs for their own listening. This is different case.
This man is a real criminal there is no excuse , no but... and I feel insulted. If someone wants to cheat me , should at least do it in a smart way, give respect to my intelligence and mental sanity.
Anyway for those less familiar with the subject -the whole point of using sample CD is that you are on absolutely safe legal ground using them for whatever you may like ( except release as sample CDs). Using crack version makes no sense, is as much illegal, like ripping stuff from regular music CDs.

horselesspaul

Post by horselesspaul » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:29 pm

Word, rikhyray.

This guy is a total pr*ck and should be hung up by his toes with piano wire and made to listen to Demis Roussos.
Those of us who work to produce these libraries and software should be more vocal and active against him and his kind.

Paul.
Apple Certified Logic Trainer.

MBP 2.2 4Gb 7200 RME FF400 Live 6.0.9
G4 Dual 450 3Gb RME Multiface Live 6.0.9
Intel MacMini Duo 1.6 2Gb RME FF400 Live 6.0.9
Toshiba P25 3Ghz 2Gb RME Multiface Live 6.0.9 XP

ashley_k

Post by ashley_k » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:45 pm

Ripping of sample CDs and software is not doing us any favours, all we’re going to end up with is romplers and software with anti-piracy protection that ties the software to the computer, when you come to update your computer you end up spending ages trying to get everything re-activated.

Demis Roussos is far too good for him, let’s really punish him with Val Doonican instead.

Ashley_K

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:37 pm

ashley_k wrote:Ripping of sample CDs and software is not doing us any favours, all we’re going to end up with is romplers and software with anti-piracy protection that ties the software to the computer, when you come to update your computer you end up spending ages trying to get everything re-activated.

Ashley_K
Good point, made me think about the danger to wrong kind of tolerance. OK it does not make much difference for Microsoft or Adobe but companies like Ableton or Propellerheads won`t be able to develop if we as artist do not support them. Those who are longer in this field will agree -these programs are actually worth 10x if not more. Though I do not see any particular need or benefit in Reason 3, I will definitely upgrade, for me it is right thing to do, perhaps 3.5, or 4 will be the greatest thing on earth for me.
There is no much money in sample CDs, that most of them are useless- 5000 sounds and 10 usable - is just the evidence, hard to keep quality and get some profits. Finally we who buy it have to cover the loses done by the pirates. Simple economy.
Perhaps we should change the attitude, " fuck them stupid pricks" may not be enough, and mostly being too lazy to make couple of calls or writing E mails.
I regret the fact that I did it once too, I mean not doing what should have been done. German . absolutely legal company, active till today, sold me "white label" copy of "DNA" product- no booklet no legel papers. Had some exchange of nasty Emails and shouting on the phone but then -"f... them" and forgot about it. Year later when I came to know Ernst Cholakis, scientist, developer of that great "groove templates" stuff and copyright owner I was not able to give him evidence ( as I got pissed and thrown the packing and papers away, f..k them- principle) other then the pirated disc, the company took the product off their website ( at least I contributed that much). Damn, on top of everything they were really arrogant pricks and probably keep cheating others till today. Lesson learnt, next time will do something, like now reporting this scam

humeka

Post by humeka » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:50 pm

this guy reugg is also posting threads to NI forums to sell his sh*t !