FBV Shortboard mkII expression pedal with Live 8

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
nowtime

FBV Shortboard mkII expression pedal with Live 8

Post by nowtime » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Anyone using this? Line 6 support seems to be non-existent.

This board programs like a charm, except for the expression pedal. Sending CC, I am attempting to control the wet/dry knob on a ping pong delay. I've tried all midi CC receive modes in Live on that knob (absolute, etc) and none work, all I get is wonky behaviour.

I am running the board on it's own dedicated USB hub. I have calibrated the pedal multiple times.
Life is Good

mbenigni

Re: FBV Shortboard mkII expression pedal with Live 8

Post by mbenigni » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:18 pm

A long shot, but you might also try taking the hub out of the equation temporarily; see if that has any impact.

If you bought the board locally, you could try swapping it out for another one, just to see if it's a defective piece of hardware.

Wouldn't hurt to post a screen cap of that Line 6 config utility - maybe someone will notice a problematic setting.

Bummer this isn't going easier for you, bummer about L6 support. Did you try emailing or calling them? I know with niche applications like this it can be extremely difficult to get anyone who has the slightest idea what you (or they) are talking about.

nowtime

Re: FBV Shortboard mkII expression pedal with Live 8

Post by nowtime » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:47 am

Thanks for the mercy mbenigni.

Any other users of this controller?
Life is Good