Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Dear Ableton Headquarter!

I just dont get it?

Why do people who are buying a version of Live 8 now get different kind of bonuses for buying Live 8?

What about the old users? which has been supporting your company for such a long time now paying for every update? (we even had to live with a piece of software which had a buglist longer than the "Empire State Building" in New York?)

Its just not fair i think, that people who are buying live now will get things for free that the registred users had to pay for over the last couple of years.

It's the wrong way to go Ableton! People who have been loyal to your company for years should be treated better, Much better!

Don't forget Ableton - We are the Backbone in your company! Nobody else....

And you should keep in mind that it is very easy to download a "Craked" and fully working full version of Live 8 suite for free without any hassle.

I will maybe do that in the future if your company doesn't change this problem before Live 9 and you company has one registred user less, and i am sure that i am not the only one.

I am not gonna pay for new users instruments and bonuses anymore!


Kind Regards.... :(
Last edited by xzusa8ky on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

necho
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm
Location: (y)UK

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by necho » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:37 pm

too many exlamation marks; dr.
_________
sigs suck.

v0ins315
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY
Contact:

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by v0ins315 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Empire*
Cool Character wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
http://www.facebook.com/v0ins

leedsquietman
Posts: 6659
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:56 am
Location: greater toronto area

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Holy crap that needed as many as FOUR edits (and probably more that happened before the response).

I kind of agree with the OP, but in business the only way to keep interest in an 'ageing' product is to give more incentives to sell it, otherwise people think 'Logic 9 has flex time and amazing new features, I should buy that' or 'the new DP looks pretty awesome and is cheaper than Live' etc.

I'm pretty sure that 2-2.5 years ago, Ableton had not envisaged the mess ups with Live 8, Serato, M4L, the Share feature etc, and had expected to target Christmas 2009 as a release date for L9. Since that never happened, that leaves a huge hole in the accounting and finances, so by pushing extra incentives on L8, they increase sales of Live 8 during a 'down period' . This is common business practice. That doesn't make it right that early adopters got a less good deal, perhaps Ableton have something else planned for them on launch of Live 9 or let's face it, Ableton have changed from being nice, lovable hippies, into greedy max out profits monsters.

Time will tell !

The part about cracks makes little sense - cracks have always been available, whatever the price or incentive scheme and most crack users will cheap out and not buy the software anyway, given Live has a 30 day trial period the old excuses of 'try before buy' are redundant. Most cracks will timebomb after a period of time anyway, even ones which have been working well for years (or so I've been told, as a legit user who bought Live after using the crippled 14 day demo for Live 5)
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

HeadrickProductions
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by HeadrickProductions » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:10 pm

they have given things like free compilations, free live packs, the bridge is free depending on how ya look at it, within the last year.

i think the best thing they can do is give us all a stable, innovative product. Other than that i doubt you'll get to much more from ableton. Then again what else should one expect. We did not buy tools HD.

Good luck with that cracked software, i understand where your coming from, but why not just use live 8, I'm sure live 9 will have some issues in the beginning so your better off just sticking with what you paid for.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

HeadrickProductions
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by HeadrickProductions » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:16 pm

leedsquietman wrote:The part about cracks makes little sense - cracks have always been available, whatever the price or incentive scheme and most crack users will cheap out and not buy the software anyway, given Live has a 30 day trial period the old excuses of 'try before buy' are redundant. Most cracks will timebomb after a period of time anyway, even ones which have been working well for years (or so I've been told, as a legit user who bought Live after using the crippled 14 day demo for Live 5)

I know people who've been using $10,000 plus of cracked software for years without a glitch. They just know a bunch about virus and don't let the computer hit the net.

That being said anyone who has the guts to get on stage and perform with cracked software is asking to be standing in front of a crowd as their computer goes to hell.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by 3phase » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:33 pm

there are hacks of the suite? great.. but do the plugs sound better in the hacked version? no?
ok..never mind
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Captain Johnson
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 12:03 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by Captain Johnson » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:35 pm

I wish Ableton would give me analogue and operator for free as I've been so loyal since Ableton4 :wink:

massenmedium
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by massenmedium » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:40 pm

When you buy something you (presumably) deem it to be worth the price at the time. Even if it were to be offered for free the following day the fact that you made that decision wouldn't change.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm all for free stuff but my dignity keeps me from going around begging from people.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

BoddAH
Posts: 638
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by BoddAH » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Dear Ableton Headquarter!

I just dont get it?

Why do people who are buying a version of Live 8 now get different kind of bonuses for buying Live 8?

What about the old users? which has been supporting your company for such a long time now paying for every update? (we even had to live with a piece of software which had a buglist longer than the "Empire State Building" in New York?)

Its just not fair i think, that people who are buying live now will get things for free that the registred users had to pay for over the last couple of years.

It's the wrong way to go Ableton! People who have been loyal to your company for years should be treated better, Much better!

Don't forget Ableton - We are the Backbone in your company! Nobody else....

And you should keep in mind that it is very easy to download a "Craked" and fully working full version of Live 8 suite for free without any hassle.

I will maybe do that in the future if your company doesn't change this problem before Live 9 and you company has one registred user less, and i am sure that i am not the only one.

I am not gonna pay for new users instruments and bonuses anymore!


Kind Regards.... :(

You know what I actually used a cracked version of Live Suite before I decided it was too complicated for a beginner and bought Live Intro. Now I pretty much got around all the basics and everything you can do with Live intro and will almost certainly buy the full featured version soon. :)

All classic market logic aside (you sound like somebody pissed that he bought a Pentium 90 MHz processor in 1995 and now Intel is selling 3 GHz processors for half the price). Live is not just a product that you buy and consume.

It’s a concept, and a work tool. It’s a continuous process based on trust on both sides and new people buying Live benefits you a lot, the income goes directly into the development of YOUR purchase. Also Live gives free stuff away frequently (Partner Instruments packs, Minus Packs, various Max 4 Live packs, etc.) just check the download section. You’re not really fair saying Ableton treats it’s user base like shit. You’re pissed because they give ONE thing to newcomers. As a promotional offer like EVERY other company in the world. This doesn’t effect you in any way, you’re just jealous because somebody got something you didn’t which is pretty immature. :?

As a long term Live user you have many advantages. While you still buy upgrades the price is relatively painless compared to the full featured price a newcomer would pay, and most importantly, you got a HUGE head start.
While the newcomer is still doing the tutorials you have been composing epic and doing incredible remixes for years. :mrgreen:

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks for your responses. Sorry to the people from the "perfect" world that i actually did allow myself to edit my post, not all of us is "perfect".

And now back in the not so perfect world where i live!

I really think that Ableton should consider to give us something back. Why would it be a bad idea if Ableton gave longtime users a bonus? Lets say that Ableton gave users who have been supporting them for more than 3 big updates a free choice to pick an instrument like sampler or one of the other Live instruments for instance. That way you would be happy to pay the updates and it would be a good argument for new users too.

I even think that Ableton would be doing something very cool for people who dont have too much money. When i buy stuff in a shop where they know me and i spend a amount of money they mostly do it like this, they give you something for free or they gives me a very special price because they want too keep me as a customer, because they know that i will come back and spend my money i their shop because i feel that i am important to them. For me it was always like that and absolutly normal to think like that. We all would be happy, and Ableton would surely sell more samplepacks which would make all happy i guess. They would for surely be something special for me.......Because they care.
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

cotdagoo
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:30 pm

massenmedium wrote:When you buy something you (presumably) deem it to be worth the price at the time. Even if it were to be offered for free the following day the fact that you made that decision wouldn't change.
usually when you buy something the manufacturer doesn't disable features afterwords. i know a lot of people who bought 8 just for the sharing feature, which is now absent from live 8.


the abes aren't completely unreasonable though..
i suggest if anyone truly feels like they've ripped you off - politely email them and see if there's something they can do for you.

they're not going to offer up the world to everyone who bought v8 and complains on the forum because then every tom, dick & harry is going to jump on board and milk whatever they can for free - even if they are content with their purchase.

massenmedium
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by massenmedium » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:48 pm

cotdagoo wrote:
massenmedium wrote:When you buy something you (presumably) deem it to be worth the price at the time. Even if it were to be offered for free the following day the fact that you made that decision wouldn't change.
usually when you buy something the manufacturer doesn't disable features afterwords. i know a lot of people who bought 8 just for the sharing feature, which is now absent from live 8.
Of course someone would have to argue. ;)

Like you say, if you really feel you've been short changed in that regard then take it up with them or your dealer.

In this case the OP isn't moaning about that though, more griping about offers and bonuses for new users.

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm

In this case the OP isn't moaning about that though, more griping about offers and bonuses for new users.
Please read the post before you are saying something false. I am not talking about the new users in my post. I am talking about old user of live, users who have been supporting Ableton for more than 5 years or even from first release. Thats for sure a difference.........
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Post Reply