Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emerah

Re: Ableton You Should Give Something Back To The Loyal Users!

Post by Emerah » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm

"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company, from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else"

Sam Walton

but of course there are many people on this forum with greater minds than him.

YES I am doing Ableton a favor by buying their products. if you don't believe me, let's all decide not to buy Live 9 when it comes out and see what happens.
it never ends. neither does it begin where you think it does. its only in your mind.

0fps

Post by 0fps » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Its pitty that we don't get a "general" reply from Ableton here.

Anyway's, my opinion is that Ableton is quite fair as a music technology software development company. In comparison with others, I think it offers a lot, specially in students. By now Ableton's most weak point is Library i.m.o. and that's way a lot of people go to Logic (apple loops). I hate creating music with loops, but is essential for styles like hip hop and house-electro-mainstream dance.

One think I would love to see (instead I am an OSX user) is to have an Ubuntu (Linux) version of Live. I think this is a far away dream, as Ableton is a multinational company.
Live 8 Suite, MacPro@2.66 Quad/4G RAM,MacBook@2.00 DualCore/2G RAM, Motu Traveler, TC Powercore, Korg MS200R, Waldorf Blofeld, Akai APC 40, M-Audio Axiom25, Motu Digital Performer

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks to Dum and Emerah for the nice words, i couldnt have sayd it better myself :D

I did post this topic because i really mean that is a good and fair idea, even for Ableton, and because i think that we ALL could benefit from it.
It wont cost Ableton anything i guess, and they will even make more friends, money and new loyal paying users that way......

And no, im not begging for anything, i just think its a fair idea to come up with. I am not affraid to ask for something when i know that i give something, my money and support for years.

I also wishes and hopes that Ableton will come up with a statement and maybe they will feel that it is a good idea, i dont think that they have forgotten that they actually did forget us a long time where it was nearly impossible to produce with live because of crashes and bugs.

But i didn't run away, no i did stay because i believe in Ableton.

No hard feelings.......

Kind regards......
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 pm

dum wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:wow, or try the Italian way of life. :roll:

what an ass... xzusa8ky your country's all fucked up ATM, poor timing to shit on other places.
vienna, a city which regularly reaches the top of international quality-of-life tables, is in austria - a country which is one of the richest in the world.

and all xzusa8ky is asking for is that the same freebies being extended to new licensees be offered to the older licensees who endured a clusterfuck of bugs & stability issues. the guy is hardly begging for free shit. some of the responses his post has garnered seem to (unsurprisingly) miss that aspect of his grievance.

I hardly see how living in one of the richest countries in the world is much of an argument for getting the latest sale price long after the sale. What kind of discount should Haitians get under this business model?? Is dual citizenship factored into this equation?
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 am

xzusa8ky wrote: they will even make more friends, money and new loyal paying users that way......

And no, im not begging for anything, i just think its a fair idea to come up with. I am not affraid to ask for something when i know that i give something, my money and support for years.
fair enough.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

n8tron

Post by n8tron » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 am

Emerah wrote:"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company, from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else"

Sam Walton

but of course there are many people on this forum with greater minds than him.

YES I am doing Ableton a favor by buying their products. if you don't believe me, let's all decide not to buy Live 9 when it comes out and see what happens.
agreed.

and we all *should* know exactly what we are buying and the price we are paying. You are owed no more and no less than that. A company as the right to offer deals, sale, price cuts, or not. I always get frustrated when users get all righteous about asking for refunds when a product goes on sale. They aren't owed anything. And as this post put it... you don't like, don't buy it!

Keep in mind my post is in no way saying that incentives/freebees for loyal users isn't a good thing or appreciated, but from a 3rd party perspective it shouldn't be demanded or expected.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 am

H20nly wrote:
dum wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:wow, or try the Italian way of life. :roll:

what an ass... xzusa8ky your country's all fucked up ATM, poor timing to shit on other places.
vienna, a city which regularly reaches the top of international quality-of-life tables, is in austria - a country which is one of the richest in the world.

and all xzusa8ky is asking for is that the same freebies being extended to new licensees be offered to the older licensees who endured a clusterfuck of bugs & stability issues. the guy is hardly begging for free shit. some of the responses his post has garnered seem to (unsurprisingly) miss that aspect of his grievance.

I hardly see how living in one of the richest countries in the world is much of an argument for getting the latest sale price long after the sale. What kind of discount should Haitians get under this business model?? Is dual citizenship factored into this equation?
what are you on about ? a little eager, aren't you ?
The vienna stats were not offered as an argument in anyway relating to the OP. That's so obvious it's pretty absurd you think otherwise.

:roll:

Anyways, quit trolling the thread.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:46 am

I have live 8 suite, the boxed set. Doesn't show any way to take advantage of the tutorials with the promo. I still suck very badly at music production and can use all the help I can get. Oh what to do. Wonder if max for live would be suffice
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:12 am

dphouse84 wrote:I have live 8 suite, the boxed set. Doesn't show any way to take advantage of the tutorials with the promo. I still suck very badly at music production and can use all the help I can get. Oh what to do. Wonder if max for live would be suffice
maybe check your Spam filter on your e-mail for the coupon. contact support@ableton.com.

when they've had freebies in the past it was for stuff I already had. that $35 discount? friggin lost it.

don't worry about max4Live if you want to learn production techniques. both are things that can take a lot of time to get decent at and they're completely different paths. stick with production.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:17 am

dum... tsk tsk :lol: at your attempts at righteousness. they always have that says the spider to the fly tone to them...

but... making somewhat intelligent statements followed by feigning ignorance doesn't play in to your "I'm so clever" endeavor.

drumrak

Post by drumrak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:26 am

xzusa8ky wrote:

you are definitely begging for something free, i dont see how you could see it any differently. I SPENT MY MONEY I THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE ME SOME FREE STUFF COME ON COMEONCOMEONCOMEON!!!

xzusa8ky wrote:

I also wishes and hopes that Ableton will come up with a statement and maybe they will feel that it is a good idea, i dont think that they have forgotten that they actually did forget us a long time where it was nearly impossible to produce with live because of crashes and bugs.
what do you mean it was nearly impossible to produce with live, thats what it was designed for! ive been a user for a couple versions now and ive had very little problems and produced tons of music.

they dont owe you an apology because you think theyre software sucks but you continue to buy it. just go buy something else, i dont even understand your rant, are you threatening them or begging(i thought you were begging, but now im not so sure :roll: )

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:00 am

xzusa8ky wrote:@BoddAH

I am sure that you know what you are talking about, you did join the forum 2 month ago? Please do yourself a favor and read about the 1000's of bugs postings before you tells me something about Live. But offcourse now where you got your Live 8 version the other people have been doing the work for you, congratulations! 8O

@ToneDeft

Hmmmm..... "I'm all for free stuff but my dignity keeps me from going around begging from people" off couse let the other do the work for you and you takes the profit, now i understand why you got the time to post 20.000 post here on the board.......I guess you need a job or do you wife do it for you?....... :lol:

Always the same types who are trying to control what people can post here or not. But on the other hand nothing new......The American way off life! Nuke them all....... :lol:

(Lets see when version 9 is released. I guess we will all have to wait for the version 10 before we got a stable version 9.)
So basically you’re dismissing my opinion because I posted less than you on this forum and Tone Deft’s because he posted more? Sounds great. :roll:

Also just because I only recently got to use Live doesn’t mean I never bought/supported buggy software in the past and know how this shit works. All software has bugs, some more than others and Ableton doesn’t sell you a “bug free” product but the product “as is”. You have online reviews, demo versions, this very forum and a 1000 other sources to gauge if the bugs vs the features vs the price are worth it to you in the end before you even buy it. And of course the option to stop buying from Ableton if you think it’s not.

So you’ve been supporting Live for a long time? Great, you are what is called an “early adopter” and you sure helped the development of Live and paved the way for a better product for newer users like me. You have my gratitude for this if it makes you feel better but don’t expect a chocolate medal from me, Ableton or anyone else for that matter. It’s just how things work.

I am quite amazed that you are rocking Live since 2004 because you sure sound like you’re 12 which would have made you a pretty young Live user. :lol:
Last edited by BoddAH on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 am

hi ,

I use live since live 2 (light m-audio version)/ live 4 and i hope to see these features soon.

IMO : ableton should look at native instruments more...i think about the free updates of reaktor 5.5.1 and battery 3.1 with new features and lot of presents .

so i hope a live 8.5 version will be thinked in that perspective ...
so a BOUNCE IN PLACE's function or/and a convolution device with good vintage hardware's impulses will be a beautiful customer friendly present .

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm guessing the OP and other whiners are feeling more than a little douchey right now:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150306

Of course they'll never admit it.
Unsound Designer

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Ohhh Yes! I admit that it is nice to see that the "Suite" users gets something back. What about the others? And to be honest, what should i do with a AMP plugin? or even the sounds? Sorry but it doesen't impress me at all. I dont need the bridge and i dont gonna buy a guitar for sure.....
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro