Ableton Live 8.2

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
davepermen
Posts: 2198
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by davepermen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

oh it does. if they solve YOUR problem, they solve the problem all have (as you're the majority, as you stated).

but seriously, any fix helps. extra smart is at least smarter than you in that case. you always act like you don't actually want help, but just bitching. which is why so many are not caring about your problem the way you'd like to. those that do, you reject.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by 3phase » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 pm

davepermen wrote:oh it does. if they solve YOUR problem, they solve the problem all have (as you're the majority, as you stated).

but seriously, any fix helps. extra smart is at least smarter than you in that case. you always act like you don't actually want help, but just bitching. which is why so many are not caring about your problem the way you'd like to. those that do, you reject.
come on..depper man an chade..the 2 brightest users under the skys..we had this kind of discussions regarding the crashing last year...you were the guys that stated that the crashing is my personal problem because its fine for you...a problem i should work out with ableton support.. a little later the ceo publically appologized because the issue..
What of cause wasnt my private problem.
random crash bugs on a standard config without extrenal plugs are rarely a private problem.

you are like little dogs that try to byte in your legs as soon one says something critical about ableton..

I could make a 3 pages list of details where the program needs improovements...
The crashing has come down only a few weeks ago.. 1,5 years after it has started...

But now its time to adress the other problems... the little ones that are not shiny new features for L9

The sync is only the beginning.. the most essential function at the base..

So please..
it is useless to talk to guys like you..
that most certainly wont make anything better.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

davepermen
Posts: 2198
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by davepermen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 pm

you will never understand problems, how they are both personal, and problems for everyone. you are just too stupid or egoistic or anything for that. i mean, how ****ing hard is it, really?

hint: not hard at all. a fixed bug is help for anyone affected. it would be help for you, and for others, affected. not for me in that case, as i'm not affected. but i would still be HAPPY FOR YOU.


oh, and your config is NOT a standard config. you combine with different hw, try to sync them, use age old up-converted stuff with new stuff, etc. you most likely have one of the most complex and nonstandard setups of ableton on this whole planet.

but again, you don't understand THAT part, too.

but it's not the intelligence that lacks in you. it's just your egoism and your "i want to see them bleed" ideology, that prevents you from actually trying to help yourself by accepting ANY help you get. you are 3phase, you don't need help. and if you have problems, they are the fault of everyone else on the world, and they need to get blamed, and bleed, and suffer. but helping you? no, that is not allowed. you only want them to suffer.

i will love the future with you on this forum. and i can't wait for the moment we meet in real life, will sure be one of the most awkward moments in history :) (no clue if we do meet one day, but accidents can happen :))
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by 3phase » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 pm

davepermen wrote: oh, and your config is NOT a standard config. you combine with different hw, try to sync them, use age old up-converted stuff with new stuff, etc. you most likely have one of the most complex and nonstandard setups of ableton on this whole planet.

regarding techno production i ve a total standard setup.. the demand to sync 808´s or wanting a mpc 3000 as clockmaster are standard tasks... as a macbook and rme fireface are standard computer configs on a high quality level

Live started as a techno tool and it better trys to stay one instead following the footsteps of the other daw´s. Otherwise it would loose it´s real advantages.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Ableton_David
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: Ableton
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi everyone,

In the interest of trying to re-establish this thread as a Live 8.2 discussion thread, I'd like to ask that one of you set up new threads for other topics. 3phase, a number of Live users and Ableton staff have addressed your issue - please do not hijack this thread with an issue that is better served in its own thread. And for other users, it's become clear by now that 3phase has an opinion on sync which will not change - this is fine, and he is entitled to it, as he is entitled to reject the help that Nico offered. There is no point, then, in continuing with the back-and-forth.

When posting on the live forum, please try to keep in mind that this is ideally a place for discussion, and try not to dominate it with a personal issue that is not directly related to the thread that you are posting in.

~david

Akshara
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Akshara » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 pm

David Abravanel wrote:In the interest of trying to re-establish this thread as a Live 8.2 discussion thread...
Please consider just changing the thread topic to "Sync Problems in 8.2" and beginning a fresh new thread for Live 8.2 discussion. Thank you.

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:44 am

David Abravanel wrote:Hi everyone,

In the interest of trying to re-establish this thread as a Live 8.2 discussion thread, I'd like to ask that one of you set up new threads for other topics. 3phase, a number of Live users and Ableton staff have addressed your issue - please do not hijack this thread with an issue that is better served in its own thread. And for other users, it's become clear by now that 3phase has an opinion on sync which will not change - this is fine, and he is entitled to it, as he is entitled to reject the help that Nico offered. There is no point, then, in continuing with the back-and-forth.

When posting on the live forum, please try to keep in mind that this is ideally a place for discussion, and try not to dominate it with a personal issue that is not directly related to the thread that you are posting in.

~david
Sorry for hijacking.. but you are not the OP? usually he should complain.. and he starts the thread with anouncing that he is looking into testing the amp sinulation..
So the thread is just general Live 8.2 without specific question behind it.

So the item was not of topic for me.. The actual release of 8.2 is introducing serato bridge.. what is a system that deals with timecode and inter aplikation syncing in some ways. so a discussion regarding L8.2 moved to the question if ableton is still setting theier prioritys in wrong ways..that appear as a 8.2 release..
I think a valid point.. but of cause there are other points of L8.2 that are worth beeing discussed..and so the discussion can move on now to theese aspects..

I thing its not unatural for a thread with such a generalistic titel to move in various directions. That syncing hasnt improoved yet in L8.2 is rather sad..hope it comes soon. I think it would suite a program well that can run after a timecode record in better ways than after the midi timecode..

so maybe serato brideg really can bring something for the syncing via external timecode.. something that has problems in session view..
which is probably the view serato bridge is supposed to work with..

So how good is that working in L8.2 are ther demo videos out yet?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 am

just be cool 3phase, if it doesn't make sense to you maybe you can go with it just to help chill things out.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:13 am

Tone Deft wrote:just be cool 3phase, if it doesn't make sense to you maybe you can go with it just to help chill things out.
sense? sure it makes sense.. but offtopic is debatable here. L8.2 not necessarly means that this has ti be a rave about the good things thread..

but there was defenetly enough said about syncing here and useless attacks wether its usefull to have support in the house or not.

In thsi case i was adressing a general problem and not only a personal setup problem.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Green Lemon
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Green Lemon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:04 am

My God, I disappear for a few months and I come back, and...3phase still has acute diarrhea of the soul. Seriously, man, STFU. You make me wish for Bounce, at least that guy had balls!

Yes, if people have a problem with sync in should be fixed. Like we should have session automation for gawds' sake.

But the more important question is- how stable is 8.2? Ready for the big time or no?
--
first 1k as chrysalis33rpm.

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:06 am

Green Lemon wrote:My God, I disappear for a few months and I come back, and...3phase still has acute diarrhea of the soul. Seriously, man, STFU. You make me wish for Bounce, at least that guy had balls!

Yes, if people have a problem with sync in should be fixed. Like we should have session automation for gawds' sake.

But the more important question is- how stable is 8.2? Ready for the big time or no?

only one way to find out.. i have to be on stage next week... because i ve balls i just do it with L8.2 and when it crashes you know what will happen here...

They fear me so much that they only do stable releases from now, so dont worry :mrgreen:
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

smaucher
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: s/w Germany
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by smaucher » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:08 am

3phase, sell your license and leave the rest of us alone.
Akshara wrote:
David Abravanel wrote:In the interest of trying to re-establish this thread as a Live 8.2 discussion thread...
Please consider just changing the thread topic to "Sync Problems in 8.2" and beginning a fresh new thread for Live 8.2 discussion. Thank you.
this.
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:20 am

smaucher wrote:3phase, sell your license and leave the rest of us alone.
Akshara wrote:
David Abravanel wrote:In the interest of trying to re-establish this thread as a Live 8.2 discussion thread...
Please consider just changing the thread topic to "Sync Problems in 8.2" and beginning a fresh new thread for Live 8.2 discussion. Thank you.
this.
i cant do that because with uncritical guys like you the program will get worse and worse..
Thats sad..but its a fact. L8 has passed your fanboy pubic betatesting.. that actually says all about fanboy testing..
And a lot about fanboy opinions :mrgreen:

beside you shall discuss L8.2 and dont rant about me
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Taylor Barclay
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 pm
Location: Eureka, CA

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Taylor Barclay » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:47 am

This post made no sense after I read it back over.

Carry on :)
Last edited by Taylor Barclay on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pasha
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Lost Island
Contact:

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Pasha » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:56 am

Tested AMP yesterday night.
My impression so far is that it delivers good punch and distortion.
However maybe because I use three single coils in my Fender Strat + (20 years old)
a noise gate has become necessary for high gain configuration.
The Gate effect that has been used in the racks helps but is not a real noise gate
and IMHO is less sensible that Guitar Rig 4 or Line 6 ones. Sometimes the sound is cut abruptly.
I did not try to change settings but only out of the box presets.
The Amped sounds when the input is a clean noiseless digital sound from any Live instruments
are well done. They spice up the mix.
So for me the verdict is that I will definitively use AMP and CAB because I like them/need them.
I know (this also happens with hardware FX) that having a Fender means walking in the room until
you find the hum & noise cancellation spot to record clean. Anybody tested with humbuckers?
So maybe next Ableton could add a Noise Gate effect aimed at guitarists...
Regarding the price tag, 99 Euros seems too much to me, because with less than that
you can have Guitar Rig Essential and the full one costs 179 Euros. However I use Live to process
my guitar since version 7 and having Amp & Cab completes the range. Softtube is specialized in pre-amps and amps/cabinet
and their prices are high. We're getting better quality IMHO that an all in one solution but that's up to taste.
As always the price tag is conceived to push people to the suite but do not forget that with the new Ableton policy regarding
non-editable presets everyone actually gets the effect with no modification capabilities.
Again I think this is a very welcomed addition to Live, helps guitarist, bass guitar players
to squeeze more juice from their axes.

- My 2 cents,
- Best
- Pasha
Apple iMac 2013 / Macbook Late 2012
Live 10 Suite,Zebra ,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers
______________________________________
Music : http://alonetone.com/pasha

Post Reply