Ableton Live 8.2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Digital_Damage

Re: Ableton Live 8.2

Post by Digital_Damage » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 pm

3phase wrote:
David Abravanel wrote:To respond about bug fixes, quality is still a top priority for Ableton. We have fixed a number of critical bugs with Live 8.2 - you can read more about this at http://www.ableton.com/latest-release-notes, as others have also posted. We continue to dedicate developers and technical support team members to identifying bugs and helping users.

Please contact support@ableton.com to report any issues with Live. Thank you, and enjoy Live 8.2!

I didnt had the impression that you react to bug reports.. usually you have to start polls in the main forum to make you look into bugs..

The problem is that ableton almost allways declares clear bugs as standard operation.,,

the clock output glitches when selecting tracks or groups for example... it turns out that this only happens when the midi port that does the clock out is also used for remote functions..

so midi remote feedback on just selcting a track causes clock glitches.

Ableton statement ..that is normal !!

sorry man.. why is ther remote feedback when i select a track? just the track id? one liitle midi string?

acording to the midi standard that is not allowed to interrupt the realtime commands like clock pulses..

so this is clearly a bug when your program is not folowing the midi standard and one cant use remote and sync simultaniously on stage...

But.. because abletons life is easy.. thats no bug you will adress..

Not before i start another flamewar about that issue..

sorry.. the way you handle serious problems on the root of functionaloty is a scandal..

and your product only qualifies as a toy this way
Jesus crist shut your face already!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:[
why? i am wright now "syncing" to another ableton live guy and enjoy the drunken beat..
i shut up when one can sync..

the ethernet stuff wasnt much better actually than the midi.. nit woth the hazzle :-/
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:57 pm

3phase wrote:
Digital_Damage wrote:[
why? i am wright now "syncing" to another ableton live guy and enjoy the drunken beat..
i shut up when one can sync..

the ethernet stuff wasnt much better actually than the midi.. nit woth the hazzle :-/
Quit being a bitch about it, if you don't like the situation go use some other DAW and save us the noise.
At this point I would be willing to take up a collection to buy you out of your license just so you would STFU.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:03 pm

^ I got 5 on it.

and links to Maschine and Reaper as parting gifts:

http://www.gigasonic.com/NI-Maschine-edu.html

http://www.reaper.fm/purchase.php
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:
Quit being a bitch about it, if you don't like the situation go use some other DAW and save us the noise.
At this point I would be willing to take up a collection to buy you out of your license just so you would STFU.
transfer 100$ to my paypall acount and we can talk about it...
:mrgreen:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Don't trust him. He can talk for days. Make him give you the license first.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:46 pm

H20nly wrote:Don't trust him. He can talk for days. Make him give you the license first.

my license to talk or my license to kick ass?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:47 pm

:lol: nice.

you fucker!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:50 pm

you know 3Phase...? You're actually a really good sport. Seriously. No jokes. But DAMN once you get on one... I'm sorry Ableton isn't working out for you but it really does seem like you need an alternative.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 pm

H20nly wrote:you know 3Phase...? You're actually a really good sport. Seriously. No jokes. But DAMN once you get on one... I'm sorry Ableton isn't working out for you but it really does seem like you need an alternative.
no.. i just need the program fixed.. sync is no esoteric demand ..people out there need it.. i meet every week some that need it..
its time to get a bit louder about it otherwise it gets pushed to the back again and again and never will be solved.
if you dont like to read it just dont do it.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 am

Digital_Damage wrote:Quit being a bitch about it, if you don't like the situation go use some other DAW and save us the noise.
:lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am

3phase wrote:
H20nly wrote:you know 3Phase...? You're actually a really good sport. Seriously. No jokes. But DAMN once you get on one... I'm sorry Ableton isn't working out for you but it really does seem like you need an alternative.
no.. i just need the program fixed.. sync is no esoteric demand ..people out there need it.. i meet every week some that need it..
its time to get a bit louder about it otherwise it gets pushed to the back again and again and never will be solved.
yeah but being the raging mad man doesn't really help your position. I dunno. I don't sync so its not an issue for me. I don't even know how to. I think you've been heard though. Machinesworking brought up a lot of valid data on it too. I know you've been waiting but give it time or find another way. They have fixed a TON of bugs. You can admit this right? I mean maybe not all the ones YOU want, but a lot of the ones that others wanted fixes for. Sometimes you have to knock out all the little things first so you can get to the big things. I'm not trying to get into any kind of 'yeah but they should have ____________' debate with you. I'm just saying... go easy on your self and let them take your points about bugs and sync with them into the future. They have their work cut out for them and they've proven over and over again that they are indeed working on Live 8 and the problems that popped up with this version. I think you know this... but you're frustrated. We all get that.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:30 am

H20nly wrote:
3phase wrote:
yeah but being the raging mad man doesn't really help your position. I dunno. I don't sync so its not an issue for me. I don't even know how to. I think you've been heard though. Machinesworking brought up a lot of valid data on it too. I know you've been waiting but give it time or find another way. They have fixed a TON of bugs. You can admit this right? I mean maybe not all the ones YOU want, but a lot of the ones that others wanted fixes for. Sometimes you have to knock out all the little things first so you can get to the big things. I'm not trying to get into any kind of 'yeah but they should have ____________' debate with you. I'm just saying... go easy on your self and let them take your points about bugs and sync with them into the future. They have their work cut out for them and they've proven over and over again that they are indeed working on Live 8 and the problems that popped up with this version. I think you know this... but you're frustrated. We all get that.

you guys keep that item alive .. i have said what i needed to say... of cause i could do a thread that lists all the problems and details that could need a fix.. problem is that you find not ready developed thigs in any area.. but... some things can be worked around..or its just more work..or unpractical.. other things damage your recordings.. like sound engine and sync stuff..

theese things need a high priority just after the crash bugs.. everything else can be worked around..

theese order proritys is logical..that is not a democratic things about user wishes.. its about plain function.
And for the most expensiv DAw on the market one can expect function.. this program costs around 10 euro the month and i use it since 8 years.. better syn c was requested since years. i requested it from time to time.. but now i need it.
and dont like to see that some dj´s get in month what i was waiting for allmost a decade for...

Anyway.. the sync poll i did shows claerly that many want better syncing..Its rather strange that theese need is so alien to the forum fanboys... i guess its rather that you dont know yet that you will need it.

anyway.. i guess its time that some other sync victims chime in to illustrate that i am not the only one..
in the poll more than 100 forum readers voted for an imideate fix ...

lorem

Post by lorem » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:41 am

ze2be wrote:If I have installed Suite 8.1.4, do I need to download the full 1678mb Suite, or can I update with just the standard version as previously was possible?
I find that question interesting as well. Couldn't find an answer, though, I can hardly believe it myself, I actually slogged through this whole thread...

I already installed Suite 8.1.4 first and Live only version 8.1.5 afterwards.

Previously, there was a hint on the suite download page: It stated that if you have already installed a prior version, you don't need to download the entire suite again, but can rather just download the considerably smaller "Live 8 only" file.

The hint is gone - does that mean Ableton Suite 8.2 inevitably requires the full 1.7 GB download?

Kind regards,
lorem

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 am

lorem wrote:
ze2be wrote:If I have installed Suite 8.1.4, do I need to download the full 1678mb Suite, or can I update with just the standard version as previously was possible?
I find that question interesting as well. Couldn't find an answer, though, I can hardly believe it myself, I actually slogged through this whole thread...

I already installed Suite 8.1.4 first and Live only version 8.1.5 afterwards.

Previously, there was a hint on the suite download page: It stated that if you have already installed a prior version, you don't need to download the entire suite again, but can rather just download the considerably smaller "Live 8 only" file.

The hint is gone - does that mean Ableton Suite 8.2 inevitably requires the full 1.7 GB download?

Kind regards,
lorem

Because 8.2 includes Library updates, it is necessary to download the full installer.

Some of the recent updates brought no changes to the Library, so we were able to provide an installer that didn't include content.

Best,