:!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The missing link.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Sarrova-Q
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

:!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The missing link.

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi

Just wanted to tell that I'm currently enjoying LPC-Live for my Launchpad:
http://www.nativekontrol.com/LPC-Live.html

The functionality and added features are such an improvement to the original Launchpad options!
I can't believe why I missed this, it should be sold with every Launchpad as a standard package in the store.
I feel like my Launchpad is worth 3 times as more :)

Especially the drumrack sequencing directly into clips is just unbelievably good and handy. It's like having Maschine in your Launchpad with complete control over your drum sequencing with mutes.
Oh and off course also the control over all tracks, focus view, unfold grouped tracks, device control, ...
It has everything an APC has and much, much more.

I'm using it atm in combination with my own sequencers and I feel they complement each other really well:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1188489

Launchpad native functions + LPC Live + Sampledeck or Masher is just amazing !
So many features in one little box, love it!
Travelling with my MBP and a Launchpad is getting much more fun !


If you own a Launchpad, be sure to check this one out, I couldn't live without it any-more.


Yeah, I'm quite enthusiastic about this, but it's definitely worth it :)
Last edited by Sarrova-Q on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paradigm X
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by Paradigm X » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Looks quite slick, how does it work tho, what does it mean by a "preset"?
nativeKONTROL LPC-Live is a Preset for the Novation Launchpad that adds a wealth of functionality to an already capable control surface.

Apologies id this is covered in the video no audio at work. :)
Q6600 : 4gb corsair : 3x 320gb seagate drive 1x 1TB WD Caviar Black : Abit AB9 Pro Mobo : Focusrite Pro 24 DSP : 1xUAD2 Quad, 1xUAD2Duo : Windows 7 x64 : Novation Remote Zero SL : Novation Launchpad : NI Komplete 5 : Cubase 5.5.1 : Ableton 8.1.5

Leon Tricker
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK.

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by Leon Tricker » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Damn! I've been all over this forum in the last couple of days, all smug about not having upgraded to Live 8 yet...

...and yet this thing might be what tips me over the edge.

So I feel a bit :oops:...

...but at the same time, very :D !

Sarrova-Q
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Haha LOL

Well you know, this thing is worth it, I was struggling for a long long period because I come from a hardware only environment and I missed the hands on control within Live. Even with extensive midi mapping I couldn't get it to a satisfactory point. But APC-Live is making me enjoy software again (oh great I really sound like an ad-boy now :p). Also, I'm a real minimalist and I just love the fact that I have so much potential and functionality in just one small box. I love my Launchpad now even more then my NI Maschine, or APC-20/40, Remote SL, ...
If you're really interested in this I suggest you should read the manual here and be amazed by the added features.

200 euro for a Launchpad, APC Live and my free Sequencers is just superb. I have to admit I didn't expect it to make such a difference to my work-flow, but the added functionality is just huge.


Haha I'm going to stop promoting this thing now before you think I'm earning money for this ;)

Leon Tricker
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK.

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by Leon Tricker » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 pm

I played a live set last Saturday and the people there were really intrigued by my Launchpad. Some other performers that use Live had never seen one (we're quite behind the times here in Portsmouth! Ha ha! :wink:) and were amazed by what you could do with it.

But I was thinking as I did my set that I needed more control, needed some more variation to keep me interested, and that to get it with the Launchpad I would need to upgrade to Live 8 and buy M4L. So I was thinking about selling the LP and going for an APC instead... but I really love the portability of the LP and the feel of it.

So, LPC-Live could be perfect for me. I only need to upgrade to Live 8 (and buy LPC-Live of course) and I'd get some additional functionality for my LP, which I really want to stick with rather than getting an APC.

I still want M4L in the future... but LPC-Live could keep me going in the meantime.

I think I'm rambling here so I'll stop now! Will let you know if I go for it.

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by 3phase » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Leon Tricker wrote:I played a live set last Saturday and the people there were really intrigued by my Launchpad. Some other performers that use Live had never seen one (we're quite behind the times here in Portsmouth! Ha ha! :wink:) and were amazed by what you could do with it.

But I was thinking as I did my set that I needed more control, needed some more variation to keep me interested, and that to get it with the Launchpad I would need to upgrade to Live 8 and buy M4L. So I was thinking about selling the LP and going for an APC instead... but I really love the portability of the LP and the feel of it.

So, LPC-Live could be perfect for me. I only need to upgrade to Live 8 (and buy LPC-Live of course) and I'd get some additional functionality for my LP, which I really want to stick with rather than getting an APC.

I still want M4L in the future... but LPC-Live could keep me going in the meantime.

I think I'm rambling here so I'll stop now! Will let you know if I go for it.

i had his mappings for the apc ..the note mode alone is worth it.. i guess you will find the 30 dollars well spend
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Leon Tricker
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK.

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by Leon Tricker » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 pm

3phase wrote:i had his mappings for the apc ..the note mode alone is worth it.. i guess you will find the 30 dollars well spend
I think so, although I have to upgrade from Live 7 to Live 8 as well to use the LPC-Live... so perhaps I'm just about to walk into a load of issues with Live 8 (fingers crossed I don't!)

One of the things I love about the Launchpad is the note mode. Use that all the time for creating beats and melodies. If only the pads were velocity sensitive... :D

somaaudio
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by somaaudio » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi do i need Automap Pro to run this? as i also have a Remote Zero SL.
Regards,

Cesar
Cesar Callirgos
Apple Mac Pro Quad 2.6 Ghz, 16Gb Ram.
Lion OSX
Ableton Live 9.6.2, Push 1, Launchpad mini and Motu 2408MK3.

Sarrova-Q
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 pm

You don't need automap to use this. The mappings work with Bome MT Player, a little program you get when you buy nK APC-Live.

biologik
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by biologik » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 pm

damnit. my post didn't go through.

oh well.

the skinny: i wish he had a demo so i could see if this would work well for me!

cheers,
b

somaaudio
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by somaaudio » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:You don't need automap to use this. The mappings work with Bome MT Player, a little program you get when you buy nK APC-Live.
Great Thanks!

cheers,

Cesar
Cesar Callirgos
Apple Mac Pro Quad 2.6 Ghz, 16Gb Ram.
Lion OSX
Ableton Live 9.6.2, Push 1, Launchpad mini and Motu 2408MK3.

martin808
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by martin808 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:59 pm

This looks amazing. The MPC style drum programming where you can erase notes by holding a pad and the erase key is something ive wanted to be able to do for ages. Thanks for this :)

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The mising link.

Post by 3phase » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Leon Tricker wrote:
3phase wrote:i had his mappings for the apc ..the note mode alone is worth it.. i guess you will find the 30 dollars well spend
I think so, although I have to upgrade from Live 7 to Live 8 as well to use the LPC-Live... so perhaps I'm just about to walk into a load of issues with Live 8 (fingers crossed I don't!)

One of the things I love about the Launchpad is the note mode. Use that all the time for creating beats and melodies. If only the pads were velocity sensitive... :D
the latest L8 versions are not such a desaster anymore.. its pretty likely that you go unharmed..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

keefbaker
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The missing link.

Post by keefbaker » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Works fine for me on 8.2!

Leon Tricker
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK.

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The missing link.

Post by Leon Tricker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Upgraded to Live 8 and bought LPC-Live this weekend. Have given it a couple of hours testing, and so far I am well inpressed.

Not sure I'll use the Drum Mode or Scale Mode much, but the Track & Device Modes are a godsend for me. As I only use the Launchpad as a controller, I was using a lot of re-routing tracks and dummy clips to get smooth volume/send transitions, and to control FX. LPC-Live saves me from doing this, and gives me a whole load of other control too. Oh yeah, the Tempo Inc/Dec buttons - such a simple thing, but so useful.

Of course, I could buy a fader/knob box to give me the above control. But I really don't feel I need to now!

EDIT: just been playing with the Drum Mode, and the Sequence sub-mode is fantastic! Could see me using this live to add some impovised beats to a set.

Post Reply