we are the milk's cow of ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
vaderoner

we are the milk's cow of ableton

Post by vaderoner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 pm

here is a mil that i send to ableton and their answer:

hello
>
>i jst see that you offer amp for the owner of live SUITE
>and for your custumer who buy live since the begining, what do you
>offer???????
>
>i bought live since live 4 and i'm on live 8 right now (800-900 euros for
>the ableton live 4 and the upgrades)
>
>don't you think that we could have amp for free?????
>sometimes i fell like a milk's cow with you
>
>i think i'm going post this on the ableton forum to see what custumers think
>of it
>
>don't send me a -50% for buying amp,it doesn't interst me,i want it for free
>like the owner of ableton suite and i think it's normal
>
>miviere julien
>a custumer a little bit disapointed

the answer:

Hi Miviere,

Thanks for emailing Ableton.

We're sorry to hear about your frustration. To explain, Live Suite remains the same in that it comprises of all available tools and instruments available for Live. The standard version of Live remains the same in that it comes with Impulse and Simpler. Being that Amp is a new individual product, it will only be available as a free upgrade to users who purchased the 'all-encompassing' Suite.

Looking at your account, you can take advantage of our upgrade pricing which now includes Amp, or you can purchase Amp separately.

We hope you understand our product pricing, and encourage you to check back with us for special offers and promotional campaigns offered to our dedicated users just like you.

Kind Regards,

my second answer:

lol

so i'm really a milk's cow
just for explain, i bought live since the fourth live version, so i give you already about 450 euros if you add all the upgrades to arrive at live 8 i give you about 850-900 euros, don't you think the new stuff that you give for the owner of ableton suite could not be free for me (and ll the customers who are in the same case) ?

if it continue like this i think i'm going to pass n protools who give you all the elements of the software when you buy it

how much the software will cost in 10 years for the owner of the 1/2/3/4 live liscence?????????????????????????
macbook pro core2duo 2.4Ghz/echo audio fire8/korg zero8/korg mocrokontrol/apc40/novation launchpad/access virus TI/minimoog voyager RME/studio electronics SE-1X/korg MS2000R/midi interface MESI M8U

Re: we are the milk's cow of ableton

Post by 102455 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Ha, you're just pi55ed because you didn't buy Live Suite in the first place!

You want to play with the big boys, upgrade to the Suite.

vaderoner

Post by vaderoner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:47 pm

lol

when i bought live (the fourth) the suite doesn't exist

i don't want to play the big boy cause i'm already a big boy

so you don't care to pay pay pay pay ..... (i think you work for ableton :D )
macbook pro core2duo 2.4Ghz/echo audio fire8/korg zero8/korg mocrokontrol/apc40/novation launchpad/access virus TI/minimoog voyager RME/studio electronics SE-1X/korg MS2000R/midi interface MESI M8U

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:49 pm

cool story bro.

necho

Post by necho » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:00 pm

I went to my local shop the other day and told them they should give me some free beer because I've bought quite a lot of beer from them before.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THEY SAID?
_________
sigs suck.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi vaderoner - I've deleted your copy of this post in the Support forum, as it's not related to technical support, and we'd like to discourage cross-posting on this forum.

Regarding your complaint, please keep in mind that, for all the years you have been a loyal Live user (and believe me, this is very much appreciated), you have also been using Live. Your original license for Live 4, and subsequent upgrades, were paying for the usage of Ableton Live. It's unfair to make the comparison between your situation and that of someone who just started with Ableton Live in version 8, as you've been able to use the product for many more years. As our representative explained, Amp being free for Suite users falls in line with how Suite has always worked.

Lastly, if you would like to try out Amp, there are several options available to you - the locked racks included in Live 8.2, the 30-day trial, or running Ableton Suite 8.2 in demo mode. I encourage you to try any of these if you're interested in Amp.

vaderoner

Post by vaderoner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:14 pm

and if at your local shop a guys say if you buy 10 beer i give you one for free and you,as a dumb ,you have bought also 10 beers but not in one time.... you won't be frustrated??????

v0ins315

Post by v0ins315 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:25 pm

vaderoner wrote:and if at your local shop a guys say if you buy 10 beer i give you one for free and you,as a dumb ,you have bought also 10 beers but not in one time.... you won't be frustrated??????
I'd be drunk.
Cool Character wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
http://www.facebook.com/v0ins

vaderoner

Post by vaderoner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:27 pm

ok ok
i'm going to make some drum&bass there is nothing interesting in fact here

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:28 pm

necho wrote:I went to my local shop the other day and told them they should give me some free beer because I've bought quite a lot of beer from them before.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THEY SAID?

oh in my regular bars thats usually not a problem.. aslong i dont do that any day...

i dont think ableton needs to give theier amps away for free..but the standalone plugs are way overpriced for platform dependend add ons..

i defenetly dont pay in the 100 euro domain for platform dependend stuff.. however the suite gets more atractive over the time..

but.. with all this buggy mess it wouldnt hurt if they would start to beef up the program for all users again..
there is sitll so mch missing from the functioanlity one expected to buy with L8..

the grouptracjs are still a mess because you only can work with them uncollapsed..

When they can bring new features for suite owners and serato guys they might be able to deliver what L8 promissed maybe?

or..

better syncing? :-))
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:29 pm

imagine my frustration when I turned over my copy of Spirit In The Sky to find THIS on the b side!
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

vaderoner

Post by vaderoner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:38 pm

thank you 3phase

ark

Post by ark » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:38 pm

One of the Dilbert cartoons has the pointy-haired boss telling Dilbert: "We should give our customers what they want."

Dilbert's response: "What customers want is better products for free."

vaderoner

Post by vaderoner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:48 pm

for free?????????????????????????????????????
i bought live 4 and all the upgrades (and sampler) so i give almost 900-1000 euros
sorry but it hurts my ass for something free.....

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:06 pm

vaderoner wrote:for free?????????????????????????????????????
i bought live 4 and all the upgrades (and sampler) so i give almost 900-1000 euros

So do you not feel that you have got what you paid for? You where happy to buy Live 4 and then happy to pay for all the upgrades and to buy sampler. If you'd have been happy at some point to pay to upgrade to suite, you'd now have amp and cab as part of that package.

I've bought 3 mazda's over the last few years, do you think that when the new MX5 got a metal folding roof, they should have fitted mine with one for free as well? I know it's a bad analogy, but you get the idea.