Komplete 7 worth buying?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djdoza

Komplete 7 worth buying?

Post by djdoza » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Looking to get Komplete 7, is it worth buying?
Facebook
|Moog Little Phatty|Korg ESX 1|Macbook Pro i5|Mac Mini|Ableton Live 8|Logic Studio 9|Akai APC40|Akai MPK 49|Novation Launch Pad|M-Audio Fast Track Ultra|Trillian|

DEEMUSIC

Re: Komplete 7 worth buying?

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm

I think its worth it all the samples and synths that you get is well worth it, with all you get you can never run out ideas.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Yes, pretty sure there are demos of the instruments available. I'm pretty happy with Komplete, I use it all the time. Good stuff.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:59 am

Without a doubt the best value for money in music software. If I was starting from scratch it would be the first thing I'd buy after Ableton Live.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Migra

Post by Migra » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:06 am

I was wondering this also, and wondering mainly for electronic music production, as I can see that most of the content is Orchestral, Pianos, Strings and that kind of sounds
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

foxymethoxy

Post by foxymethoxy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:01 am

Yeah I love using words that are offensive to homosexuals too. Makes me feel good as a heterosexual white male.

Silwolffe

Post by Silwolffe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:30 am

ShelLuser wrote:@Silwolffe: "you have been trolled" :roll:
I don't think you quite understand.

Taylor Barclay

Post by Taylor Barclay » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:46 am

The question is: Is it worth the upgrade from Komplete 6?

dj_blueprint

Post by dj_blueprint » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 am

I'd get it after you come to grips with all of Live's instruments, which can take a bit of time in itself. Yes, it's a great deal.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:23 am

I think the free players linked earlier will give you a very good idea of what to expect, and they're a great source of sounds for free too.

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 am

Considering that some of us paid double for komplete 5 I'd say you have a bargain on your hands.

leoelzein

Post by leoelzein » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:35 am

Got it.. loving it..
Reaktor with all those ensembles in the online user library = endless fun

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:52 am

Quick thread hijack:
Would you rather:

Live + Komplete or
Live Suite?

I’m still using Live Intro right now and most thing in suite at least are very redundant with Komplete so Suite + Komplete is probably overkill. I am also a guitarist so Guitar Rig might come in handy (more so than AMP). Still, is the price difference for Komplete worth it over the premium for Live Suite (which is quite a deal too I guess).

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:07 am

BoddAH wrote:Quick thread hijack:
Would you rather:

Live + Komplete or
Live Suite?

I’m still using Live Intro right now and most thing in suite at least are very redundant with Komplete so Suite + Komplete is probably overkill. I am also a guitarist so Guitar Rig might come in handy (more so than AMP). Still, is the price difference for Komplete worth it over the premium for Live Suite (which is quite a deal too I guess).
Depends on who you ask. Suite is a bargain, but most of what's in Suite are cut down third party versions of VST/AUs Some people like this, but me I would rather have the full version, with program change and the possibility to use it in another DAW. Novation Automap and NI Kore are not able to fully use Live's embedded plug ins, so the two most advanced ways of hardwiring controllers to plug ins isn't possible.

Komplete is more expensive, but very much a larger and more comprehensive suite of plug ins. My summary is this, if you're interested in Live for the GUI and workflow mainly, then Suite would do you, if you're interested in Live for the performance aspects of the program, (and want a huge sound design pallet) then Komplete is going to give you more flexibility that way.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Migra wrote:I was wondering this also, and wondering mainly for electronic music production, as I can see that most of the content is Orchestral, Pianos, Strings and that kind of sounds
That's not true. Most of the content is electronic and synth based. You're thinking only of Kontakt. And even that has a mix of orchestral, world, band and electronic instruments.
Taylor Barclay wrote:The question is: Is it worth the upgrade from Komplete 6?
Certainly not a bad deal, but it depends what you already have and if the extras are useful to you. I'm personally giving this one a miss and staying on Komplete 6 since most of the new stuff consists of additional content rather than individual upgrades.
BoddAH wrote:Quick thread hijack:
Would you rather:

Live + Komplete or
Live Suite?

No question I'd take Komplete. It's better and you get much more of it. Reaktor alone is endless.
Professional Shark Jumper.