How to get rid of "ReWire error message" when opening Live w

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phazed

Re: How to get rid of "ReWire error message" when opening Live w

Post by phazed » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 am

broc wrote:@phazed

It works for me as expected, i.e. Live starts in normal mode when Logic is running.

However, after installing the options.txt file I also deleted the Propellerhead ReWire software from both the common library and the user library. Live re-installs the software on launch but at this time the options.txt file seems to be recognized. So you may try this out.

Let us know if it works..
Thanks broc, it seems to work this way. This should be put into the docs somewhere.

broc

Post by broc » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:27 pm

deleted; double post.
Last edited by broc on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

broc

Post by broc » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:34 am

phazed wrote:
broc wrote:@phazed

It works for me as expected, i.e. Live starts in normal mode when Logic is running.

However, after installing the options.txt file I also deleted the Propellerhead ReWire software from both the common library and the user library. Live re-installs the software on launch but at this time the options.txt file seems to be recognized. So you may try this out.

Let us know if it works..
Thanks broc, it seems to work this way. This should be put into the docs somewhere.
Good to know that the method is reproducible.

phazed

Post by phazed » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:10 am

It still works after upgrading to 8.2.1, that's nice :-)

ande1718

Post by ande1718 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:06 pm

I am using Live 8.2.1 stand alone and keep getting the same rewire error message preceded by a prompt to enter my password. I've trashed any and all rewire or propellerhead files I can find and tried unsuccessfully to install the rewire 1.7 extension.

I created and option.txt file and put it in the user/library/ableton/live file with no luck.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

payday0023

Post by payday0023 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:10 pm

broc wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 am
The Ableton preference folder is found at the usual place, i.e. ~/Library/Preferences/Ableton.

I'm using an option.txt file with following entries

-ReWireMasterOff
-ReWireChannels=0

This works for me to disable Live as master and slave, avoiding inconvenient launch orders and "error" messages.
This solved my problem! I had mysteriously started getting this error message when booting up Ableton Live 10 Intro 10.1.35 on a Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. The error message said:
An error has occurred while opening the ReWire system. ReWire will not work properly.
I would simply click OK and Ableton would open up like normal but very odd that it started flashing this up all of the sudden. I'd be interested to know why if anyone knows?