Kore 2 MIDI control- Little Blue hand not working in 8.2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Silverfish

Kore 2 MIDI control- Little Blue hand not working in 8.2

Post by Silverfish » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 am

Trying to troubleshoot this. I've got the Kore 2 controller set up as a control surface in Live, but it won't actually control anything. WTF. Anyone else having issues with this on 8.2?

Ableton_David

Re: Kore 2 MIDI control- Little Blue hand not working in 8.2

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 am

Do you have track and remote enabled for input? In Preferences->MIDI.

Also, check to make sure Live is receiving a control signal from Kore - you'll see the MIDI light flash in the upper right hand corner when you move a knob if this is happening.

duro

Post by duro » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:41 am

I'm using the Kore 2 Controller with 8.2. No problems here :)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks for the quick response, David!

Yes, track and remote are both enabled, and it is receiving a signal.

I tried this setup with 8.1.3, and I had the same issues, so I tried with the latest version of 7 and it's working fine there. It seems something has changed between 7 and 8, and maybe NI need to release an update.

Thanks again!

Vathek

Post by Vathek » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it better to revive this rather then starting a new one.

The problem still exists and I can't figure it out. When I use the Ableton Live preset on the Kore controller in MIDI mode, it does not do anything at all. When I put it into Mackie Control mode and select it as Mackie Control in Live, it works just fine but of course controls the mixer and not the racks, which is what I want it to do.

Has anyone figured this out? Apparently the same template used to work in Live 7 (don't have it installed anymore so I can't check), but fails to do anything in 8. But since 8 has been out for quite a while, this should have been solved by now, no?

Any comment from the Abes?

Vathek

Post by Vathek » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:30 pm

OK, I figured this out, so I'm posting it in case somebody runs into the same problem. As it turns out it sometimes helps to RTFM! Even though the Ableton-Live-Rack-Preset is right there on the KORE controller by default, you need to manually copy a KORE user config file to the Ableton user scripts folder. And it's a different file for Live 7 and Live 8, so that might explain why it used to work in 7 but not in 8. Anyway, it's explained in detail in the NI Controller Editor PDF in the Live section.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:39 am

Sorry for the necrobump, but I still can't get this to work. SO frustrated. I've tried everything I can think of, and still nothing.

Vathek

Post by Vathek » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:42 am

I'm not at my music computer and don't have the manual at hand, but did you do exactly what's described in the NI Controller Editor PDF in the Ableton Live section? You must copy those files to your Ableton folder in order for it to work. Once I followed the manual, it worked a charm..

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Yup, I followed the instructions to a T.

I've contacted Ableton support, so perhaps they'll have a little more insight for me.

Thanks again!

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Thu May 03, 2012 7:49 pm

duro wrote:I'm using the Kore 2 Controller with 8.2. No problems here :)
How did you get kore 2 to show up as a control surface?

I can get the mackie control working but nothing else.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu May 03, 2012 7:56 pm

I never did get Kore 2 working as a control surface in 8. It works fine in 7, but never in 8.

Make sure you put the remote script files in the proper folder, otherwise Kore 2 won't show up as an available control surface (working or otherwise).

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Fri May 04, 2012 3:41 am

Silverfish wrote:I never did get Kore 2 working as a control surface in 8. It works fine in 7, but never in 8.

Make sure you put the remote script files in the proper folder, otherwise Kore 2 won't show up as an available control surface (working or otherwise).
where do you have your scripts? i put them where the manual said to

mackie control works but i am trying to get the ableton script to work but kore doesn't show up as a control surface but only shows up as a midi device on inputs and outputs

i don't want to throw away such a nice controller

all i want to do is control cue, volume sends and racks

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri May 04, 2012 4:38 am

I'm on a Mac, so the remote script file goes in the remote script folder, located inside the app folder. I can't remember where it goes on a windows machine. I'll have a play with it again tonight and see if I can get it up and running. I'm not holding my breath. :roll:

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 am

Yeah, I don't get it. Mackie Mode through the Kore 2 controller works great, but using the Ableton template from NI with the Kore 2 controller is worthless. Midi is coming in, but Ableton isn't doing anything with it. I contacted Ableton about this some time ago, and they said it must be a Kore thing. *sigh*