Ableton Live in live TV or radio production

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Re: Ableton Live in live TV or radio production

Post by Jekblad » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:01 am

been meaning to mention this... If you could use midi to trigger an "enter" key, select this clip with launchpad, hit your button to retrigger it, then fade it up. With "select on launch" enabled, your "enter" key would re-fire whatever the selected clip is. Your fader would bring up the volume.

You could hack this two ways

1. Keystroke emulator

Mac: Midi Stroke
Win: Bomes

2. Mackie Emulation

Put a controller into mackie emulation mode to access it's "enter" capabilities.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

grossfeld

Post by grossfeld » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:46 pm

ok Jekblad, it is working! i installed MidiStroke and managed to configured it to press the Return button. but there is a problem.
if i selected 2 clips, one in the first track and the other is in the second track when i press the Return those 2 clips are fired and i can hear them both :( . i dont have the launchpad yet, maybe with the Launchpad it will behave differently. is there a way to select a clip and that the selection itself would deselect any other clip that is selected? or is there a settings that force Live to work in one clip can be selected at any time?

thanx
Eyal

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:57 pm

awesome!

make sure you messs with your system a bit to make sure it is stable. Please. I don't feel like midi stroke was UNSTABLE when i used it but ya know...

How are you currently making your selection? a midi controller or mouse?

in preferences make sure "select on launch" in the "record warp launch" tab is turned ON. Thats the first thing i can think of.

grossfeld

Post by grossfeld » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

it is not so great,
as i understand from Launchpad videos, i have one pad for each clip, so if i select 2 clips when i press Return by setting it with a start fader, then the 2 clips are playing simultaneously, if i select more than 2 then i get all of them to play. i need a button to deselct a clip or i need it to make one clip sellection for each pad selection.
do you have an idea?

i am using a midi usb keyboard to select clips.

Eyal

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Jekblad wrote:
in preferences make sure "select on launch" in the "record warp launch" tab is turned ON. Thats the first thing i can think of.
did you do this?

grossfeld

Post by grossfeld » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm

yes.
i did make sure it is on.

Eyal

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Then i don't know how you could have more than one clip selected.

Try midi mapping to Scenes instead of clips. Try mapping using the QWERTY keys instead and see if you get the same issue.

The problem must lie in your selection method, i guess just also make sure nothing is selected when you start. Can you send a screen shot, screen capture, or als?