LIVE-4 $$$$Did you pay for it?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:53 am

smutek wrote:Yes but even you have to admit that $399 is a bit steep for a toaster.
Yeah, especially if the toast is only gonna be eaten by you, you're not making any money off it or nuthin.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:02 am

Oh but I plan on making loads of cash from toast, music on the other hand I have no plans to ever make money from. Thats why I paid for Live but cracked the toaster.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:30 am

Got Live 2 bundled with the X-session for like $129, upgraded to 3 for $79(boxed), and another $79 for version 4(boxed). It's funny 'cause I've never even had to look at the manuals. A tremendous value! I feel like I've stolen it.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:43 am

Hey Sickpuppy listening right now to one of your mixes...wow... man love
this stuff... are you playing this stuff in a dj-set and if yes... are you warping your tracks but nice choice of music/styles and nice mixing.
gretinzzz jamm

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:41 am

$249 after an educational discount. 8)
<3 College

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:19 pm

Yes but even you have to admit that $399 is a bit steep for a toaster.
Four hundred bucks ain't so bad. Think of the poor Logic users out there. To get going now you have to shell out $1000. The old users who have already invested years of their lives just to figure out how to import and record tracks from Reason are forced by Emagic to shell out $250+ bucks every six months for the latest upgrade.

What kind of toast are we making with Live? Why, that would be multi-GRAIN(delay)-toast.

Oi vey.

Stalker

Post by Stalker » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:52 pm

Of course i paid for it, it is worth every cent!!!!!
and you should buy it too if u want the developers to continue making such good products, stop and think for a moment, if it wast for them you would probably be watching TV instead of making music. I hope that if u are using a cracked version, it will give you lots of trouble BIATCH!!!!!

leeches suck!!!!
empowering the beat generation!!!
<b>www.beatslave.com</b>

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:13 am

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:
Yes but even you have to admit that $399 is a bit steep for a toaster.
Four hundred bucks ain't so bad. Think of the poor Logic users out there. To get going now you have to shell out $1000. The old users who have already invested years of their lives just to figure out how to import and record tracks from Reason are forced by Emagic to shell out $250+ bucks every six months for the latest upgrade.

What kind of toast are we making with Live? Why, that would be multi-GRAIN(delay)-toast.

Oi vey.
Live doesn't make toast. Niether does Logic nor Loopy Loops.
The only thing that makes toast is a toaster. I am not speaking metaphorically, I am talking about real toast and real toasters.

I have no idea why I am talking about toasters.

This is getting a bit strange. Just to clarify, I own live and have owned it since March of 2003.

Mcboob, you made the comment about going into toaster sales which sparked my rant about toasters......... perhaps by "toaster sales" what you really meant was "music software" or "live?" On the other hand when I spoke of toasters what I really was referring to was, well..... toasters.

Now back to toasters eh?

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:52 am

There is video software that is called "toaster"

Front Line Assault

Post by Front Line Assault » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:22 am

wow is this topic getting REALLY dumb or what? toast and music are in COMPLEATLY different areas.

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:12 am

I have owned Live since version 1.
I have owned a toaster since around the same time.
I have purchased every subsequent Live version update.
I have never updated my toaster (or even cleaned it really).

Hopefully this information somehow serves to better mankind.
I cant think of a sig

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:21 am

I'm a snob. I own Live 4, Logic Pro 7, a toaster, a toaster oven AND a George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine. I keep that with my drum set.

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:44 pm

Front Line Assault wrote:wow is this topic getting REALLY dumb or what? toast and music are in COMPLEATLY different areas.
Sometimes I eat toast at my desk while making music.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:47 pm

Live is worth every Euro I paid for it, cannot say it about my toaster, dont like the GUI and the skin considering applying to Toastratronics to tranfer the license to my girlfriend, generally find sandwich makers far superior to toasters due to more stable OS.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:54 pm

now we're talking... Sandwich Makers!!!!
reminds me of that UK comedy "Spaced".

something like "Relationships are a bit like Sandwich Makers, you get one during the holidays and its great! You have toasted sandwich parties and such, but then it just sits in your cupboard for a year or two and you forget you even have one. Then one day you realize, i'd really love to have a toasted sandwich. But its all dirty because you didn't clean it the last time you used it and its just been sitting in that top cupboard you can hardly reach. And you throw it away and never have toasted sandwiches again, until someone gives you another sandwich maker. "

at least Live is not like that. :wink:

Live is more like a double boiler. Easy to maintain, and does the job quite easily, effeciently, and with a decent bit of style. :D