ABLETON 9 ! - THE LIVE LIFE !...........

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kanem

ABLETON 9 ! - THE LIVE LIFE !...........

Post by kanem » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:05 pm

"Is Your life LIVE ? ,LIV LIVE !,THE LIVE LIFE sorry I just wanted 2 say Those quotes bcuz LIVE IS THE BEST and I kno A9 is gonna b the isshh ! So go ahead ableton.com and feel free 2 use those on ur ableton T-shirts ! B4 I DO !

fisto

Re: ABLETON 9 ! - THE LIVE LIFE !...........

Post by fisto » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:28 pm

i'm actually also pretty excited about Live 9 and I hope that we will soon see some sneak preview of the new features or something like that to make us horny :mrgreen:
Go Abes, bring that sh** :D

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy with just staying on Live 8 for another year and letting Ableton make it REALLY solid. With all the extra features that have come out during its time, I think it'd be best to focus on catching the bugs and letting those mature - it's already a great product, and there have been lots of topic-specific addons lately that have made it quite extensible. Things like Max4Live, Amp, and the Bridge thing with Serato.

Although if there's some killer new feature or new way of working, well, that might make a 9 upgrade the clear winner :)

marconk

Post by marconk » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

kanem wrote:"Is Your life LIVE ? ,LIV LIVE !,THE LIVE LIFE sorry I just wanted 2 say Those quotes bcuz LIVE IS THE BEST and I kno A9 is gonna b the isshh ! So go ahead ableton.com and feel free 2 use those on ur ableton T-shirts ! B4 I DO !

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:19 pm

8.2 is not perfect.

If i imagine live 9 from that? whoo no good at all for stability!

9 is far far away

condra

Post by condra » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm pretty sure they can iron out bugs in Live 8, and develop Live 9 at the same time.
While I'm not in any hurry, I am definitely looking forward to checking out any new features, hearing any rumors or getting some inside information. Ableton are often very tight lipped though!

Live 7 was just brilliant.
Live 8 was not an essential upgrade for me, but I did it anyway.
I won't be upgrading to Live 9 unless it blows me away, and I suspect a fair few others here feel the same.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:27 am

I do not think Live 9 will be around any time soon.
However, in next fairs I expect something like a long range announcement.
I'm happy with Live 8 suite and I can't imagine anything more, except what I posted about Guitarist biased additions,
in Live 9, but I'm not a pro so I let others call the ball.

IMHO Ableton could take Live 8 foundation as a platform to add new features
via Max 4 Live as a runtime. A rewite to allow clip automation in session view for example,
would be absurd given the effort they put into Live 8. I think there's a long-term project
behind Live 8. If their Business Model is not gonna change then Live 9 could not be a re-write:
Time's up and a new year is approaching. For me the yearly 'Live Tax' is something like paying for
support while getting more features as it happens in the Business Software industry. So nothing new.

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers