Sound is distorted. Audio engine problems ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
The Rebel Ship

Re: Sound is distorted. Audio engine problems ?

Post by The Rebel Ship » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Have you tried updating the apogee drivers?
This same issue happened to my set up once I upgraded my Macbook to the quadcore and to Ableton 9.
Here is the apogee driver dl page dl page http://www.apogeedigital.com/company/support.php

GHOST FX

Post by GHOST FX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 pm

are you still having problems? no one ever touched base on plug-ins

i downloaded an FM8 preset freebie the other day and was very lazy in not taking the time to locate the right folder to put the presets in for FM8 to find with ease, I couldn't find the folder so i just added it to (Mac) disk/library/audio/presets/fm8. Fm8 being the folder that i created. I thought it would work seeing as it worked for all of my other VSTs, but when i opened live up it couldn't load the plugin then asked to find the directory for FM8. When that was done for some reason my template setup went back to default. I reopened live without scanning plugins (just hold option and open live) and went to my clip sounds just to load audio in to see if it was still clipping. It was fine no clipping no downsampling occurred. CPU usage was uncommonly high but so far so good. I then drag FM8 and drop it into a new track. Clipping came back. I cut my losses and just deleted FM8 but VST's AU's and Components have always played a huge part in my experiences of crashes, bugs, and now audio issues.

Hope that helps or maybe offers some thought. GHOSTFX

Eleggua

Post by Eleggua » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:16 am

I've been having the same issues described here, pretty much.

It happens when I'm recording audio for my VO work. Just trying to record a simple track using my mic and I get huge drop outs/distortion that comes and goes for seemingly no reason.

I'm using Live 10 on a Mac Pro (trashcan). OS 10.13.6. 3.5 GHz Xeon 6 core processor and 64 gigs of RAM. My main drive is an 1 TB SSD (75% is free). The hard drive light in Live is not lighting up. I don't believe it's a hard drive issue.

My audio interface is an Apogee Duet 2.

I'm about at my wits end. I've boosted the buffer to 1024, but there is not way I should have to boost it that high on a computer this powerful to simply record one track with my mic. And it is only when I record with my mic. I can process 15 tracks no problem once the audio is recorded at the buffer set to 256. It's just recording with the mic.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am

...if there's only a problem when recording the mic maybe the interface's mic inputs/preamps are broken...or the mic cable...
macbook pro late 2018, osx 10.14.6, rme multiface via sonnet thunderbolt expresscard adapter + thunderbolt to usb-c adapter, ableton live 10.1.7, push 2, komplete 9, maschine 2.9.2, touchable