L8 stabel now?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
oblique strategies

Re: L8 stabel now?

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Stable? For the most part. I still get occasional crashes, particularly on closing a session or the app itself. I suppose that's actually the bests time to experience a crash -on closing the app! :roll:

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 pm

oblique strategies wrote:Stable? For the most part. I still get occasional crashes, particularly on closing a session or the app itself. I suppose that's actually the bests time to experience a crash -on closing the app! :roll:
:?

that correlates a bit with my sleep/wakeup crash..and also explains why it once offred me to restore the session without me having realized a crash... so it crashed in the moment i shut it dow... ok

so its not really stable yet but behaves much better.. lets hope it stays this way or just gets even better from now on.. *kock on wood too *
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

thevariable

Post by thevariable » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't think it is very stable at all. I've been trying to work on a new production and have been getting crashes all day. I would love this software so much more if it just worked.

I am using an Intel 2.4 Core Duo, 4gb or Ram, Native Instruments Audio Control 1, Remote49slmkii, APC20 running under windows 7 64bit. 8.1.5 and 8.1.4 seemed a lot more stable.

darkmelody

Post by darkmelody » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:47 am

Funny, I have not upgraded since 8.1.3 since it seems stable-ish and I don't want to bother with a parallel install.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:53 am

Just had ANOTHER crash -this time when I had moved some files that were in a session into another folder. BAM!

I check my recent history & I've had at least 10 crashes in the last 2 months. This does not represent stability to me. :x

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:51 am

oblique strategies wrote:Stable? For the most part. I still get occasional crashes, particularly on closing a session or the app itself. I suppose that's actually the bests time to experience a crash -on closing the app! :roll:
+1

On pc, windows 7 ultimate, crashed several times over last couple of weeks closing a session/app.

Only crashes I'm getting. Best time for a crash, after using save. :)

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 am

pretty stable for the most part... the best one so far, hands down
still some crashes when using reason and reaktor
i have a 3 year old macbook pro

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 am

For anyone having crashes, have you been sending in the crash reports?

wrongun

Post by wrongun » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:10 am

I've had one crash since upgrading to 8.2. But im more bothered by the fact it just keeps hanging on things. I'll be working on a track and the tempo will just slow down for a moment randomly. I cannot judge the groove correctly. Accasionally the cpu will jump to over 100% and distorts.
Not good for me

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am

wrongun wrote:But im more bothered by the fact it just keeps hanging on things. I'll be working on a track and the tempo will just slow down for a moment randomly.
Next time that happens, immediately go to the help menu > Get Support.
Selecting that option will create a pack with all your system information and it contains a recording of every action you did and how Live reacted.
Send that pack to Ableton and they may be able to reproduce and fix the issue.

This goes for any weird bug in Live. Its a relatively new feature that a .alp pack can be created without crashing Live. But its probably the most useful feature we got all year.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:13 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
wrongun wrote:But im more bothered by the fact it just keeps hanging on things. I'll be working on a track and the tempo will just slow down for a moment randomly.
Selecting that option will create a pack with all your system information and it contains a recording of every action you did and how Live reacted.

This goes for any weird bug in Live. Its a relatively new feature that a .alp pack can be created without crashing Live. But its probably the most useful feature we got all year.
gahhhaaha wait until the program crashes "creating a bug report"

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Not a single crash since 8.1.3...running a decent amount of plugs too (Reaktor, the Glue, various Audio Damage)...
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Its a relatively new feature that a .alp pack can be created without crashing Live. But its probably the most useful feature we got all year.
?? we? i thought you are not working for ableton..

it still happens that the crash files are very big. is it really necessary to include audimatrial in theese crashfiles?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:30 pm

3phase wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Its a relatively new feature that a .alp pack can be created without crashing Live. But its probably the most useful feature we got all year.
?? we? i thought you are not working for ableton..

it still happens that the crash files are very big. is it really necessary to include audimatrial in theese crashfiles?
"We" as in "Live users". If I worked for Ableton, you would have had a visit by me now :D

Ableton don't actually need samples, unless the issue is related to a specific sample.
It probably includes everything it recovered after a crash, explaining the big size.
Including everything is probably not necessary. Nobody is going to mail a 2gb pack.

wrongun

Post by wrongun » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:59 pm

outershpongolia wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:

gahhhaaha wait until the program crashes "creating a bug report"
:lol:
Dear Ableton,
Theres a bug in my report

Thanks Hoffman2k, thats good to know ill do that