Navigation within a clip/scene

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nz

Navigation within a clip/scene

Post by nz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi,

This might be a bit of a newb question, but here it goes:

We are using Live for backing tracks for live performances with our band. What we do is we trigger a scene and away we go.

As we have been using it now, once we trigger the scene it has to run until the end of the scene from start to finish. This is great for live performance, but sometimes in rehearsal we want to work on a certain part or section and have to stop and start at the very beginning.

I know that I can pause the clips/scene by hitting shift/space. What I am looking for is a way to either navigate through the scene to work on a particular section or a key command that will enable me to fast forward/rewind. In this way, we can concentrate on various trouble sections in rehearsal and not have to start at the beginning of the tune.

Make sense?

Is there this functionality in Live?

Thanks so much in advance!
MacBook Pro/Mac Mini
Ableton Live 10

elxicano

Re: Navigation within a clip/scene

Post by elxicano » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Just a question, considering I'm completely ignorant about what musical content you're working with, but how come you don't cut your songs into clips and enable it so each scene only plays a specific part of the track.

You'd still have the option of being able to plays specific sections, and you'd also be able to set it up to trigger the next clips in sequence, per your specified duration.

Otherwise, to answer your question... you can always double clip on your clips, and then choose your start and stop points, so it will only loop the section you want. You should be able to automate the beginning and end sections too, so if you wanted you could have the start and stop points controlled by a mid controller if you wanted.