Using M-Audio Quattro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
scott

Using M-Audio Quattro

Post by scott » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:01 pm

I'm going to buy live to do a club date in a few weeks. There is a chance I'll be able to afford a Quattro by then, as well. I hoping for some advice on how to physically set things up. Here's what my setup will be if I get my laptop back from Gateway on time:

Gateway 450XL laptop
Oxygen 8
Quattro

If I can't get the Quattro, I'll lug my desktop down to the venue. It's got a Delta 44 in it, so the cabling for the Quattro ought to apply, since they have the same number of ins and outs. Also, I had problems with audio gapping with the Gateway with both a Duo and a UA-5 under Windows XP. I heard somewhere that Service Pack 1 fixed some USB audio problems. Can anyone verify that? Also, what is ACPI, or whatever the IRQ scheme is with XP? Edirol said that might be the problem.

I'd like to be able to hear the cue mix over phones. How do I set this up without a DJ mixer? There's a Mackie 1402vlz at the club. Will it help me set the cue up?

Also, if anyone has recommendations for how to map the knobs on the Oxy8, I'd like to hear them. I was planning on mapping knobs 1 - 8 to the corresponding track volume in Live, and mapping some of the keyboard keys to one-shot samples. Most of my stuff is generated in Reason, and I am planning to export loops for use in Live. Also, I'll cut some loops from techno tracks I really like, and improvise over them. I'll have a friend helping out with sax and percussion, so it should be a fun live show. Maybe the mod wheel can be mapped to a lowpass resonant filter on the entire mix.

I look forward to generating some discussion. I'll make sure to get the set recorded and on the Web somewhere as an example of what you can do with Live.

Thanks, I do appreciate your feedback!

/Scott

scott

Post by scott » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:16 pm

Buh, buh, buh, bump.

scott

Post by scott » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:37 pm

Okay, so I'll answer some of my own question. I could use a Y cable coming out of 3/4 of the Quattro, and plug the phones into that, yes? It the cue output the sum of 1/2 and 3/4?

/S