Wavetable synthesis with Sampler?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cabletone

Wavetable synthesis with Sampler?

Post by cabletone » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Anybody doing this? I got the Architecture waveforms CE and they just came out with a new pack of 25,000! waveforms.

With that many waveforms one has to know what they're doing, be focused, not just auditioning each one.

So I know how to drop a waveform into Sampler, enable loop and play it up and down the keyboard, maybe using an envelope and filter like I would on operator.

But I feel there are vast sound possibilities that involve more complex techniques than what I am doing now.

I am pretty good with analog synthesis and dabble in FM. But I don't know where to start with these wavetables.

I would like to learn about how to use the power of these wavetables to make interesting sounds and percussion.

Any advice on where to start would be appreciated!

Kodama

Re: Wavetable synthesis with Sampler?

Post by Kodama » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Kinda - It's not a wavetable synth but you can do some tricks. You can place them in different zones and scrub through them with the selector or paste a bunch of them together as one waveform and scrub through them that way (a small loop that travels through the waveform).
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

e440hz

Post by e440hz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 pm

just use the samples as waveforms (as opposed to just the simple square, sine, , triangle, saw...

then build your patch using all of live's synthesis modules ( effects, lfo, encelope, vsts, etc.)

e440hz

Post by e440hz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:34 pm

... then save your rack!

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:13 am

I guess you'll find what you're looking for if you assign the sample start/loop settings and sample selector to an LFO, or like Kodama said assign them to macros to manually scrub through them.

You might also want to play with the OSC section as a kind of waveshaping that you can modulate.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:11 am

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-