Apple rumored to release $499 headless G4 iMac.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:50 am

Credo wrote:how on earth did this become a MAC vs. PC thread ...again.:roll:
Well... I'd say...
I don't care how cheap they get, I'll never buy one. The interface of OSX is clunky, Mac doesn't support the software I use, and my PC is much more powerful than any G4 setup.
was the start of it.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:08 pm

I'd say the original thread was the start of it! :roll:

C'mon.. you knew you were going to get comments like mine. You'd be a fucking dumbass not to expect it. :roll:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:12 pm

guess i'm a dumbass.
where Macs are typically criticized as being too expensive, or at the very least "more" expensive than PCs, i figured many would see positives in this offering. But i guess some people only see turds in the garden.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 pm

Nah. I criticise macs for their un-user friendliness. Opinions are like turds, I only see opinions.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:45 pm

Userfriendliness is overrated. And XP has no sex appeal.

The end.

-Paws

ekko

Post by ekko » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:46 pm

Yes, Amberience is the master at thread crapping. :)

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:48 pm

You're the master of derogatory name calling.. no, really, you are.

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:48 pm

just forget it.
I'm out.
Last edited by logicat2001 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic 7 Pro | MetaSynth | Unix | Live

ekko

Post by ekko » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:51 pm

Sheesh, dude, your panties were bunched the minute you posted your initial response to this thread. You're known for it on other boards, too. Get over yourself already.

We all know you love your PC, blah blah blah. WTF are you trying to prove here EVERY time you mention it?

"Oh yes, massa. You so right, massa. I'm so dumb, massa. I use a Mac and am be so dumb, massa. You so right, massa." Sheesh.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:52 pm

logicat2001 wrote:
C'mon.. you knew you were going to get comments like mine. You'd be a fucking dumbass not to expect it.
Nah. I criticise macs for their un-user friendliness. Opinions are like turds, I only see opinions.
Excuse me, turd... I mean f'in dumbass.... oh. I meant, Amberience.

Right. I personally didn't expect we'd get someone like you posting up bullshit like the above, so consider me a fucking dumbass, too. Do you enjoy picking fights anonymously or would you have said the same if we were all facing each other?

I always assume that people are going to hold off with the bitch-slap comments, because we're all adults here. Someone's asking for opinions, not a platform tirade, and you decide to lay bait by opening with "I don't care how cheap they get, I'll never buy one. The interface of OSX is clunky, Mac doesn't support the software I use, and my PC is much more powerful than any G4 setup."

What's the point of flaunting how powerful your tool is, Amberience? No one even asked you.
No one asked you either you hypocrite. I don't like OSX, so it follows that I don't like macs.

What is your problem with this? This is my opinion, and my original comments weren't derogatory in ANY way. I shared my opinion, so did other people. I'm not ranting and raving about people liking macs, so why the fuck are you ranting and raving at me?

I'd say those exact words right to your face, but you'd also know that I was playing if I did, because face to face communication has the benefit of body language.

Get off the internet, go experience people.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:54 pm

ekko wrote:Sheesh, dude, your panties were bunched the minute you posted your initial response to this thread. You're known for it on other boards, too. Get over yourself already.

We all know you love your PC, blah blah blah. WTF are you trying to prove here EVERY time you mention it?

"Oh yes, massa. You so right, massa. I'm so dumb, massa. I use a Mac and am be so dumb, massa. You so right, massa." Sheesh.
Nope. You're wrong. I'm right. All my opinions are factually CORRECT, and no-one else has a word in it.

thats how you people are coming across to me. Jeez.. allow me room for my opinion on macs ok. I use them at university, and I don't enjoy them.

Whats your problem with that? My original thread wasn't "panty twisted" my panties got twisted when I was accused of turning this into a MAC vs PC debate, which I didn't. I merely shared my opinion.

Sorry for coming to a public forum and communicating.

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Sorry for coming to a public forum and communicating.
I'm sorry you came too.
Logic 7 Pro | MetaSynth | Unix | Live

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:21 pm

Right. Who's up for a pint?

-Paws

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:27 pm

noisetonepause wrote:Right. Who's up for a pint?

-Paws
if that arguement has ended in 2 pages instead of 6 then i'm buying the first round.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:33 pm

oh dear.

I can see both sides of the PC/MAC argument, but i can't see how this thread turned into one. Had i posted an awesome deal on an Athlon 64 Desktop, would there be immediate "but it runs XP so wah wah wah, someone change my diaper" replies ? Me thinks not. At least not on this forum.
The Mac folks who are passionate about their platform don't seem to be as agressive as some other people who don't prefer Macs.

What gives? Whatever happened to CONSTRUCTIVE posts?
I'm nearing 1k posts on this forum and i won't lie and say they've all been constructive. Amberience... i love ya man, but that was ridiculous!