D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Bugayev
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by Bugayev » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:52 am

outershpongolia wrote:So there's no way to do this for a rack on the master channel also?
Not directly, but you could bus all your tracks to a Return. And Kapture works with Return tracks. :-)

Let us know how you get along, sounds interesting!

Nick
http://liine.net/forum <- Check out the Liine Forum!

pepezabala
Posts: 3499
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: In Berlin, finally

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by pepezabala » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 am

This looks really great and is a huge help for live performers. If this works as expected I will implement it to my liveset.

Do you hae any information on CPU-load? Is this something that you would rather do on a high-spec machine and not on a macbook?

JuanSOLO
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 am
Location: Shreveport LA, sometimes Dallas/Ft Worth TX

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm

NICKBUGAYEV wrote:
It's in the same folder as the Kapture Max for Live device. The js is called Kapture_v1.0.js

Nick

I knew where it was, is that where it stays? If I open it up and edit it, I keep it in the Kapture folder it came in that the documentation suggests putting it in my Max For Live Audio Devices folder?

Just asking because I figured .js files for M4L devices should be somewhere in the Max folder to work?

Soundblaster
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by Soundblaster » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 pm

hmmm, this is not working for me.. :-/

i paste it in Max4Live audio effects...?

sucha noob.... :(

outershpongolia
Posts: 2230
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:40 am

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by outershpongolia » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Soundblaster wrote:hmmm, this is not working for me.. :-/

i paste it in Max4Live audio effects...?

sucha noob.... :(
You need to edit the prefs file and tell it what tracks/sends to kapture

Soundblaster
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by Soundblaster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 am

outershpongolia wrote:
Soundblaster wrote:hmmm, this is not working for me.. :-/

i paste it in Max4Live audio effects...?

sucha noob.... :(
You need to edit the prefs file and tell it what tracks/sends to kapture
it even won`t write to disk.....
i am losing it...

where i can edit that prefs...?

outershpongolia
Posts: 2230
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:40 am

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:49 am

this thing comes with documentation, read through that like everyone else had to do in order to get it rolling

good luck

Soundblaster
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by Soundblaster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:40 pm

outershpongolia wrote:this thing comes with documentation, read through that like everyone else had to do in order to get it rolling

good luck
u think it`s easier to go question the forum than to read that tiny manual?
well i am probably here because i did not quite understand it, as i did everything as described in the manual.

thanks for the help.

Bugayev
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by Bugayev » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi everybody,

Apologies to all Windows users who were having trouble. Windows support should be fixed now. Please go download v1.0.1 and report back on the Liine Forum -> http://liine.net/forum

Thanks.

Nick
Liine

ikeaboy
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Soundblaster wrote:
outershpongolia wrote:this thing comes with documentation, read through that like everyone else had to do in order to get it rolling

good luck
u think it`s easier to go question the forum than to read that tiny manual?
well i am probably here because i did not quite understand it, as i did everything as described in the manual.

thanks for the help.
It was doing my head in earlier but I have it working now. I'm not sure if all these steps are essential but heres what I did. I named all the tracks like the manual described, I deleted the contents of the data folder as this probably had scenes which were broken due to my stricter naming. after I created each new trigger clip I turned off and on the scan trigger button if it let me as well as writing to disc and reading from the disk. I had the kapture device on the kapture channel.

depaffect
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by depaffect » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 pm

this would be a very useful device, except that it always captures the state of buttons!

even when nothing is ticked in the snapshot filter, buttons (eg EQ3 bass kill, Amp boost, Redux soft, even the device's own on/off switch) will return to their "captured' state. which is great except i never wanted to capture that in the first place.

Bugayev
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by Bugayev » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

depaffect wrote:this would be a very useful device, except that it always captures the state of buttons!

even when nothing is ticked in the snapshot filter, buttons (eg EQ3 bass kill, Amp boost, Redux soft, even the device's own on/off switch) will return to their "captured' state. which is great except i never wanted to capture that in the first place.

Have you tried testing on a default .ALS with simply one device loaded? Do you get the same result?

depaffect
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by depaffect » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 am

yep!

just tried it - completely blank project, loaded kapture into master

then loaded a gate, and turned it off

unticked everything in snapshot filter, and hit kapture

turned gate on

loaded "snapshot 1" and the gate turned back off!

i have live 8.2.2 and also max 5.1.8 - does this not happen to you?

snappyass
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by snappyass » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:12 pm

page not found :(

JuanSOLO
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 am
Location: Shreveport LA, sometimes Dallas/Ft Worth TX

Re: D/L Liine Kapture -M4L device built for Plastikman Live show

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:18 pm

snappyass wrote:page not found :(
You're not missing anything.
It never worked well.

Post Reply