why a lot of people here anti BT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dpel

Post by dpel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:36 am

montrealbreaks wrote:Back on topic, why I don't like BT;

My girlfriend from 1998 - 2001 thought he was hotter than me, and liked his music better.

bitch.
OOOOOHHHHH! that hurts dude.

don't hate the player, hate the player.
no i mean the game
:) 8O :wink:
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:53 am

is it me or is this topic useless? i mean why spend time talking about BT for 5 pages on these boards? this is the ABLETON company boards... not your average "raaa i hate stuff" kinda thing.

get a grip :D

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:24 am

Yeah I don't care for BT's either... It's alot of work smashing a hole in that bottle... smearing some weed oil on a cigarette jammin it in that hole in the bottle and inhaling that nasty tobacco smoke...

Man I hate BT's ....aka Bottle Tokes..
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:09 am

i take issue with him not because he makes money (good on him) and not because the works with pop 40 crap bands (not so good on him, but who really knows what they'd do in his shoes). it's that he gets credit for innovating techniques that were actually innovated by the underground artists on the cutting edge.

i can play one of my meager tracks for my grandmother and she'll proclaim me the world greatest musical genius because she's "never evem dreamed of such sounds before". i then have to tell her that i'm for the most part really just copying people who are much more advanced that i am, or else i feel like an asshole taking credit where no credit is due. bt is just playing music for his grandma, except on a much bigger scale and he's not coming clean.

k

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:43 am

Tool wrote:I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a dope beastie-tee, nipple rings, and new tattoos that claimed that he was OGT, from '92, the first EP. and in between sips of coke he told me that he thought we were sellin' out, layin' down, suckin' up to the man. Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger you should know that I'm the man, and if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, and you bought one. So I've got some Advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man. If I'm the fuckin' man then you're the fuckin' man as well, So you can Point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one. All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar So ... Shut up and Buy my new record Send more money Fuck you, buddy.

I still think Pop! is a good pop song. Like most of Linkin Park's stuff, for instance. Get your heads out your arses. It's just dancing ffs :)

-Paws

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:52 am

Amberience wrote:
ethios4 wrote: or maybe he should sell out to all the people that think he's sold out and start making glitch?
Guys, I cannot say anything because it may land me in trouble, but this statement i just quoted is something to be seriously concerned about. I refuse to say anymore. I think most people will get the drift.

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:25 am

sweetjesus wrote:
Amberience wrote:
ethios4 wrote: or maybe he should sell out to all the people that think he's sold out and start making glitch?
Guys, I cannot say anything because it may land me in trouble, but this statement i just quoted is something to be seriously concerned about. I refuse to say anymore. I think most people will get the drift.

Would you like fries with that? OH sorry that's a BLT :roll: :D
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

claudek

Post by claudek » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:16 pm

Sucess hurts;

I notice when anybody who was small gets famous people seem to get jeoulous..Bottom line in 2005 try to think + and look at how many people maybe he makes happy! If ya don't like it no prob ..just don't have to tell the World.people have the right to choose.
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:54 pm

noisetonepause wrote:
Tool wrote:I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a dope beastie-tee, nipple rings, and new tattoos that claimed that he was OGT, from '92, the first EP. and in between sips of coke he told me that he thought we were sellin' out, layin' down, suckin' up to the man. Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger you should know that I'm the man, and if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, and you bought one. So I've got some Advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man. If I'm the fuckin' man then you're the fuckin' man as well, So you can Point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one. All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar So ... Shut up and Buy my new record Send more money Fuck you, buddy.

I still think Pop! is a good pop song. Like most of Linkin Park's stuff, for instance. Get your heads out your arses. It's just dancing ffs :)

-Paws
I like Linkin Park too. In fact I liked Limp Bizkit when the rest of my mates were calling them sell-outs! :lol:

Whats my point?? My point is that I don't NOT like BT because of his actions, just his music. Its not my thing.

I love Tool though - best band on earth.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:38 pm

dirtystudios wrote:i take issue with him not because he makes money (good on him) and not because the works with pop 40 crap bands (not so good on him, but who really knows what they'd do in his shoes). it's that he gets credit for innovating techniques that were actually innovated by the underground artists on the cutting edge.

i can play one of my meager tracks for my grandmother and she'll proclaim me the world greatest musical genius because she's "never evem dreamed of such sounds before". i then have to tell her that i'm for the most part really just copying people who are much more advanced that i am, or else i feel like an asshole taking credit where no credit is due. bt is just playing music for his grandma, except on a much bigger scale and he's not coming clean.

k
fabulous post. i have no issue with the mans "street credit" but he sounds like his entire musical career has been made using a few sample CDs and a copy of ACID.

toneroll

Post by toneroll » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:07 pm

no way mate, BT uses all sorts of stuff hes fu"£$%^in well in to making his own sounds , he uses kymaand all sorts of synths, hates MIDI, and knows MUSIC , wow fancy that , this guy actually knows how to orchestrate ,

I'll tell you what i personally havent ever sat down and listened to Bt all night but one night i will , just for educational purposes,

Who ever is not a sell out , can not sell their music .. simple as that.

the only people who can judge him personally are his friends and family, and none of them are here so who the F!"£$!!!! are you lot?
there used to be a well cheesy "sig." here

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:50 pm

toneroll wrote:the only people who can judge him personally are his friends and family, and none of them are here so who the F!"£$!!!! are you lot?
As musicians we are his peers.

A persons family can only judge them as a member of the family and even then they will be biased. In the outside world people are judged by the people in their industries, and also by people who are on the recieving end of your actions and words.

We are punkass bitches who use ableton live. that's who we are!

special ed

Post by special ed » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:58 pm

without using the term sell-out.

i want to say that i really dig bt's production style. i have much respect for him, and i see him as one of the most talented producer/musicians of our time. whether one likes his music or not, there is no denying the skills that he possesses. i think that its cool that he does soundtracks for movies as well. i think that perfectly compliments him as a producer. i am not anti-bt, and i would defend him if someone said he was a no-talent computer geek hack. the only thing i cannot defend about him is his collaborations with certain people. i think stuff like nsync and spitney brears is the biggest enemy to true artists that burn and bleed just to make the music the allows them to sleep at night. and the fact that bt would actually aid their efforts is revolting to me. in fact i detest anyone thats involved in that shit, its a defilement and a disgrace to what musics true purpose is in life. what is a gift to both celebrate and lament with has become a commodity used to sell images in a disposable society. none of that garbage in the top 40 is real music, its a false idea of music. it is images and illusions, controlled by the politics of the weak that wished they had talent but know inside that they have none so they oppress real artistry with garbage that they can cash in on. it is very disturbing, and if one cannot seriously understand the truth as to why thats disturbing, then perhaps your artistic passion is questionable. that is not an attack on anyone, but just an observation. back to bt, his talents are well developed, and there probably was a time in his life where he had pure intentions with what he wanted to accomplish musically. now it appears as though he has become a victim to success and ego. no one produces top 40 music industry propaganda because they have pure intentions musically.

toneroll

Post by toneroll » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:34 pm

yeh sweet jesus you sound like a punk ass bitch with your "blah blah blah " i am BT's peer ------->>> BOLLOCKS!

read my post i said judge him PERSONALLY ......you tit.
there used to be a well cheesy "sig." here

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:49 pm

what disturbs me about top40 and all that is that people actually listen to it, know the words, and enjoy it on some level i can't fathom! It speaks to the power of aggressive, well thought-out, tightly integrated marketing...and monopolistic coprorations. Then again, some people hardly pay attention to music at all...