why a lot of people here anti BT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eisnein

Post by eisnein » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:27 pm

and this shit needs to end already....

supster

Post by supster » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:36 pm

special ed wrote:.. bt ... his talents are well developed, and there probably was a time in his life where he had pure intentions with what he wanted to accomplish musically.

now it appears as though he has become a victim to success and ego. no one produces top 40 music industry propaganda because they have pure intentions musically.
Well said imo. Sums up my feelings about what he has been doing lately perfectly.

To those that don't feel he is musically talented, or never had pure intentions and passion:

You probably havent heard his first two albums.

Even if you dont like it artistically, or it doesnt move you, as a producer / musician you would be amazed by at least some of it.

To those that are arguing "art vs money":

Keep at it, its entertaining.

Fucking converstation has been going on with no resolution for about 3000 years ...
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

toneroll

Post by toneroll » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:57 pm

machines workin > you're just being a self righteous knob who thinks he knows something a lot of other people don't..

i said i see both sides of the coin , as i said i like to listen to all types of music , i used to listen to peel , and my hard drives full of underground (well what is underground these days,) including aphex twin.

the indie shit is good , but so is some other music that may well have sounded good to a lot of people who coincedently went out and bought shit loads.. prodigy was underground one fine day ago... i like it all, you never ate at macdonalds, machines?

your just angry at the fact that some people make a living out of making music. we all have jobs . this doesnt mean that theres also not loads of good artists who dont give a fuck about money.. you can have both opinions you know.
Last edited by toneroll on Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
there used to be a well cheesy "sig." here

toneroll

Post by toneroll » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:00 am

oh bencodec can get the same sounds out of a groovebox as a kyma... hahaha better tell everyone the secret and we can donate the savings to SE asia
there used to be a well cheesy "sig." here

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:44 am

toneroll wrote:machines workin > you're just being a self righteous knob who thinks he knows something a lot of other people don't.

your just angry at the fact that some people make a living out of making music. we all have jobs . this doesnt mean that theres also not loads of good artists who dont give a fuck about money.. you can have both opinions you know.
Actually I'm not very angry about any of it. I don't really care whether or not I make money off of music, I don't think I have a choice any more on whether I'm a musician or not? I sure don't want it to turn into something I don't like though.

Also, if I'm a self righteous knob, what does that make you? Just curious?

I think there are a lot of people out there that are very talented, BT is one of them, that produce terrible music for talentless TV personalities, oh I'm sorry, singers.:wink: Are they sell outs? Hell yes! Do I want to lynch them? or am I jealous of them? no. LA is a weird place though, it's really hard to blame anybody for not being swallowed alive there.

I like Prodigy, I had my niece pick up a copy of his latest for me for christmas. I think his lyrics are total garbage and take away from the music BIG TIME. He could be a lot more than he is IMO, but he worries about money and fame right now, I think you can actually tell that in the music, I know that seems odd, but that's what I think.I bet in a few years when only us musician types remember him, he starts releasing his best material, just a guess.

I have eaten at McDonalds in the past I don't anymore, and I do not feel better than other people because of that, it's a personal choice, and so is music. Glad you listen to things besides pop, it's a lot like eating at McDonalds, you would die quick if you only ate there! :twisted:

special ed

Post by special ed » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:31 pm

special ed-

you thought it was cool that BT writes film scores (not soundtracks) but hates the fact that he works with N'Sync.

i am confused/....which more closely resembled something in the Canon of High Art--Fast and the Furious or "Pop
my bad. i didnt realize he did fast and furious, a movie one would have to pay me to see. i thought monster was cool though, which i know he did. but regardless i think doing film scores is a step up from nsync.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:47 pm

toneroll wrote:oh bencodec can get the same sounds out of a groovebox as a kyma... hahaha better tell everyone the secret and we can donate the savings to SE asia
no, the point was that BT is obviously using a Kyma to make sounds that sound like they are coming off a groovebox, ie he might be using a kyma system but has no interesting ideas to express with it. you seem to think i was insulting kyma when infact i'm simply still insulting bt.

btw, for the record i've yet to hear anything in one of bts records that would require a kyma system, maybe he uses it for his film work but i can't say i heard any in "the fast and the furious" either.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:57 pm

Who here has actually heard Emotional Technology??

special ed

Post by special ed » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:09 pm

Who here has actually heard Emotional Technology??
i have heard it front to finish. his production skills are good, but the songwriting and the guest celeberties on it, make it sound more like computer studio masturbation than an album.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:11 pm

i listened to as much as i could stand.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:25 pm

I've heard it too. I think I posted earlier that I think its static and cold and not very emotional either.

It strikes me as being the Backstreet Boys of the breaks genre.

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:47 pm

forge wrote:I hate them because they charge too much for phone calls and directory enquiries

:lol:

bigdog

Post by bigdog » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:17 am

ok i picked up that BT at least stands dor Brian ????? but who...what is the surname???

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:24 am

turd-burglar