What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
duro
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm

What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by duro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 am

I just got my Komplete 7 upgrade today. It somes with a $60 coupon to use on another of their VSTs. Here are the ones I'm considering:

Deep Transformations (Multi-FX Unit)
Deep Reconstructions (Multi-FX Unit)
Deep Freq (Multi-FX Unit)

Has anyone used any of these?? I'm especially curious if anyone has used Deep Reconstructions, as based on the demos, that's the one that has peaked my interest the most.

buzby
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: Reykjavik

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by buzby » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:49 am

hey man

unrelated to your question but check the spelling on your soundcloud link - ;)
https://www.facebook.com/abletonideas
https://www.youtube.com/c/abletonideas
https://hiddensound1.bandcamp.com/
macbookpro (2.6ghz, 8gb, 10.13.3) suite 10.0.1, izotope rx adv., apogee duet, sound devices 633, senn mkh 30, 8060, 8050, sony pcm d100

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by dum » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:03 pm

The terms & conditions are so restrictive that if I could I'd wipe my ass with that coupon.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

duro
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by duro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:45 pm

dum wrote:The terms & conditions are so restrictive that if I could I'd wipe my ass with that coupon.
What is so restrictive about it? I'm still in the middle of the day long install process, so I still haven't received the actual coupon.

duro
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by duro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:46 pm

buzby wrote:hey man

unrelated to your question but check the spelling on your soundcloud link - ;)
Thanks for the heads up, this is fixed :)

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by dum » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 pm

duro wrote:
dum wrote:The terms & conditions are so restrictive that if I could I'd wipe my ass with that coupon.
What is so restrictive about it? I'm still in the middle of the day long install process, so I still haven't received the actual coupon.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... onditions/
1. The e-voucher is valid for individual KOMPLETE Instruments, Effects and bundles, but NOT for KOMPLETE 7, KOMPLETE 7 ELEMENTS, hardware products, updates, upgrades, crossgrades, or educational versions and the like, and NOT valid for products already on special offer.
....
....
....
This is disappointing for many reasons, especially the fact you can't even put it towards KORE. That's retarded/evil !
simply put you can only use the voucher towards something that's on offer here:
http://www.native-instruments.com/kompletestore
(so long as it's not already on sale etc)


so...it's of no major interest to me, and any of those kore packs I might be interested in involve me spending more money. I guess you can't really complain, I'm waiting until just before my voucher expires (3 months from registration) until I use it so I can maximise my options. Seems to be the smart move as I've noticed they've already updated the korepack range since I registered.

YMMV
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Peripatetic
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:00 am
Location: Mpls, MN

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by Peripatetic » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:18 pm

duro wrote:I just got my Komplete 7 upgrade today. It somes with a $60 coupon to use on another of their VSTs. Here are the ones I'm considering:

Deep Transformations (Multi-FX Unit)
Deep Reconstructions (Multi-FX Unit)
Deep Freq (Multi-FX Unit)

Has anyone used any of these?? I'm especially curious if anyone has used Deep Reconstructions, as based on the demos, that's the one that has peaked my interest the most.
I got Deep Reconstructions. I can basically offer no constructive review of it at this point except to say that in the week or so that I've had it, I've probably wasted(?) a good 5 hours running random drum loops through the effects and tweaking/resampling...and having a blast in the process.

dum wrote:
duro wrote:
dum wrote:The terms & conditions are so restrictive that if I could I'd wipe my ass with that coupon.
What is so restrictive about it? I'm still in the middle of the day long install process, so I still haven't received the actual coupon.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... onditions/
1. The e-voucher is valid for individual KOMPLETE Instruments, Effects and bundles, but NOT for KOMPLETE 7, KOMPLETE 7 ELEMENTS, hardware products, updates, upgrades, crossgrades, or educational versions and the like, and NOT valid for products already on special offer.
....
....
....
This is disappointing for many reasons, especially the fact you can't even put it towards KORE. That's retarded/evil !
simply put you can only use the voucher towards something that's on offer here:
http://www.native-instruments.com/kompletestore
(so long as it's not already on sale etc)


so...it's of no major interest to me, and any of those kore packs I might be interested in involve me spending more money. I guess you can't really complain, I'm waiting until just before my voucher expires (3 months from registration) until I use it so I can maximise my options. Seems to be the smart move as I've noticed they've already updated the korepack range since I registered.

YMMV
Isn't that kind of like saying, "the terms and conditions on this coupon I have for $.50 off a carton of milk are restrictive because I'm not allowed to use it on a bag of chips."
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

duro
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by duro » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Peripatetic wrote:I got Deep Reconstructions. I can basically offer no constructive review of it at this point except to say that in the week or so that I've had it, I've probably wasted(?) a good 5 hours running random drum loops through the effects and tweaking/resampling...and having a blast in the process.
Glad to hear you are having fun with it. I really feels like the type of thing that would work for the type of music I make. Basically what you are saying is you have not had the time to use it in any real world applications yet, but it fun as hell?

Might be worth it :)

Peripatetic
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:00 am
Location: Mpls, MN

Re: What to spend my NI Komplete 7 coupon on?

Post by Peripatetic » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm

duro wrote:
Peripatetic wrote:I got Deep Reconstructions. I can basically offer no constructive review of it at this point except to say that in the week or so that I've had it, I've probably wasted(?) a good 5 hours running random drum loops through the effects and tweaking/resampling...and having a blast in the process.
Glad to hear you are having fun with it. I really feels like the type of thing that would work for the type of music I make. Basically what you are saying is you have not had the time to use it in any real world applications yet, but it fun as hell?

Might be worth it :)
Basically, yeah. I can say that it will be used a lot though. The sound mangling capabilities are awesome.
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

Post Reply