akia mpk 49 pads.. sensitivity question.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
thirtyhertz

Re: akia mpk 49 pads.. sensitivity question.

Post by thirtyhertz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 am

"you don't need to change any settings, if you watch the mod video othe people already linked (it's this if you didn't see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mI4SutQJpQ ), you know what to do."

but that was my point the default for the MPD had the threshold quite high, so before altering anything surely its easier to adjust the settings, then if its still not sensitive enough go for the mod option.

ansiaaa

Post by ansiaaa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:15 am

thirtyhertz wrote:"you don't need to change any settings, if you watch the mod video othe people already linked (it's this if you didn't see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mI4SutQJpQ ), you know what to do."

but that was my point the default for the MPD had the threshold quite high, so before altering anything surely its easier to adjust the settings, then if its still not sensitive enough go for the mod option.
I don't know about MPD because I only have the MPK, but for what I saw the pads have the same problem which is not related to how sensitive the underlying hardware is. the problem is that there is too much empty space between them and the sensors. that means that without fixing them, even if you mod the threshold, it won't change much since you need the pads to touch the sensors, and that will be achieved only buy banging them hard anyway or clicking them like buttons.
at least that's my experience with the MPK and changing the settings on it didn't do a thing for me when I tried.
anyway if you have a MPD and you say that it worked for you I might be wrong about that controller.

bsidetape

Post by bsidetape » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 am

Guys adding this tape is ridiculous. I bought recently a MPK49 and my first impression on the pads was "what's that crap" and the keyboard was like I was sorry I pay the money for it because the difference from my old 100-bucks M-audio was slightly noticeble. But after tweaking with sensitivity, threshold and at mostly with Pad Curve (pad curves C and D are my favourite, curve A is set by default) and Keyboard Curves I loved that instrument. Keyboard curves EXP1 and EXP2 give pianistic feeling, the default setting is like soft synth's keyboard. You can access these settings by pressing "global" button and navigating to them with right/left arrows.