Abletons Groove is just not doing it for me.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cacti

Abletons Groove is just not doing it for me.

Post by cacti » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 am

With the master swing in Live 7 I used to be able to get twisted grooves from really pushing the swing. I cant even hear a difference in most of the grooves in Ableton. Tips on how to really over swing it?

UKRuss

Re: Abletons Groove is just not doing it for me.

Post by UKRuss » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:59 am

I find you are better off using the vanilla groove template and then tweak the settings yourself. but avoid Random...it just makes everything sound like it's being played by a monkey IMO.

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:12 pm

to be fair i use it more to mess about everything else but beats....

it really pays off to fiddle about a bit... i have to agree with russ, i don't use much the random.

also, remember that you can copy grooves from tracks that you love and use it on your own clips, that works wonders

shai

Post by shai » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:32 pm

the way groove is implemented in live is just wrong from beginning to end imo
there is one way to do it and that is set of 4, 8, 16 or 32 little "faders" that set to middle by defaults and can tweak bits latency in negative and positive directions.
i think that reason does it like that... but i havent seen reason for years already..

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 pm

just do it manually

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm

jtdj wrote:just do it manually

great idea on 128 bar loops...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

3phase wrote:

oh sorry i forgot ur a faker!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:20 pm

jtdj wrote:
3phase wrote:

oh sorry i forgot ur a faker!
no.. i just dont produce one bar music, village boy

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:23 pm

3phase wrote: no.. i just dont produce one bar music, village boy

no you produce shit music for retards by a retarded german fuck.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:26 pm

jtdj wrote:

:mrgreen:

you remind me to this, keep on barking

Last edited by 3phase on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 pm

3phase wrote:no.. i just dont produce one bar music, village boy
DER KLANG DER FAMILIEEEEeeeeee.... Unn ts Unn ts Unn ts Unn ts... wurblewurblewurble... dingdongdingedingdongdingeding...

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 pm

jtdj wrote:

ding ding ding

hey hey that'll cost you 2 points, he didn't call you a '(insert nationality) village boy' just a village boy, you lose 2 points for using retarded and german. ok

ding ding ding

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:37 pm

3phase wrote:
jtdj wrote:

:mrgreen:

you remind me to this, keep on barfing

do u mean 'barking'? anyways... how you comin on that 128 bar loop? You know...the song you've been workin' on? You know the the one, uh, you've been workin on for three years? You know the song. Got somethin' new to write about now. You know? Maybe a, maybe a main character gets into a relationship and suffers a little heartbreak? Somethin' like what... what you've just been through? Draw from real life experience? Little, little heartbreak? You know? Work it into the story? Make the characters a little more three dimensional? Little, uh, richer experience for the listener? Make that second 128 bar loop really keep the listener guessing what's going to happen? Some twists and turns? A little Moog solo? Everybody learns that the hero's journey isn't always a happy one? Oh, I look forward to listening to it.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm

jtdj wrote:[You know...the song you've been workin' on? You know the the one, uh, you've been workin on for three years? You know the song. Got somethin' new to write about now. You know? Maybe a, maybe a main character gets into a relationship and suffers a little heartbreak? Somethin' like what... what you've just been through? Draw from real life experience? Little, little heartbreak? You know? Work it into the story? Make the characters a little more three dimensional? Little, uh, richer experience for the listener? Make that second 128 bar loop really keep the listener guessing what's going to happen? Some twists and turns? A little Moog solo? Everybody learns that the hero's journey isn't always a happy one? Oh, I look forward to listening to it.
Oh my god..what a slime.. i cant do that to my speakers ..sorry
have you ever produced a track?

its very easy to come to "that" 128 or 256 or whatever bar loop or section.. just play the keyboard for example.. or some roto toms.. or whatever you might like to quantezise but not robotize with just 16th..

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 pm

3phase wrote:
jtdj wrote:[You know...the song you've been workin' on? You know the the one, uh, you've been workin on for three years? You know the song. Got somethin' new to write about now. You know? Maybe a, maybe a main character gets into a relationship and suffers a little heartbreak? Somethin' like what... what you've just been through? Draw from real life experience? Little, little heartbreak? You know? Work it into the story? Make the characters a little more three dimensional? Little, uh, richer experience for the listener? Make that second 128 bar loop really keep the listener guessing what's going to happen? Some twists and turns? A little Moog solo? Everybody learns that the hero's journey isn't always a happy one? Oh, I look forward to listening to it.
ih my god..what a slime.. i cant do that to my speakers ..sorry
have you ever produced a track?

its very easy to come to "that" 128 or 256 or whatever bar loop or section.. just play the keyboard for example.. or some roto toms.. or whatever you might like to quanize but not robotize with just 16th..

Huh? I ment how you uh, how you comin' on that song you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of 128 bar loops there? Gotta, gotta nice little lyrical story you're working on there? Your big song you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling lyrical protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? 'Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little Moog lead solo? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your listener is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.