ClyphX – Utility script for Live 8 and 9 (and Live 7 too)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
transology

Re: ClyphX – simple (and free), Clip-based scripting language

Post by transology » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Stray. Wow. It's like you are opening the code source for those remote scripts. This thing is huge. Having worked a lot with Dummy Clip Midi, this is the thing. THe biggest advantage looks that you don't have to remap your clip at every new project you have !

Question. Could it be possible to have graduel tempo change. Let's say, from 130 to 65 during 4 bars.

THanks
OS X - L8

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Gradual tempo changes aren’t out of the question. However, there would be a drawback to it or any action that applied repeated changes to a parameter. The drawback is that parameter changes made from scripts like this are considered undoable actions. For that reason, you would not be able to reliably undo while the gradual tempo change was occurring.

That probably isn’t too big of a concern for this particular request since the gradual tempo changes would only occur for short periods of time. I’ll see if I can get this addressed in the next update.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:37 pm

metastatik wrote:The example set is just an *.alp file. It looks like some browsers on OS X add the *.gz extension. You should be able to extract by just double-clicking on the *.gz file. Let me know if that isn’t the case.
That's strange. browsing on a PC with Google Chrome. Can I just manually delete the .gz part since it's not a compressed file?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 pm

After a quick look, it looks like this is a known issue with Chrome. I’ve re-uploaded the example set as a zip file. I think that should circumvent the issue. Let me know if not.

transology

Post by transology » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:04 pm

metastatik wrote:Gradual tempo changes aren’t out of the question. However, there would be a drawback to it or any action that applied repeated changes to a parameter. The drawback is that parameter changes made from scripts like this are considered undoable actions. For that reason, you would not be able to reliably undo while the gradual tempo change was occurring.

That probably isn’t too big of a concern for this particular request since the gradual tempo changes would only occur for short periods of time. I’ll see if I can get this addressed in the next update.
I got a simple solution for this. I can use FOLLOW ACTION -> NEXT and assign a new tempo on the next midi X-CLIP ... redo again and again till the tempo I want ? Case closed !

Thank for looking :)
OS X - L8

transology

Post by transology » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:06 pm

But again about the tempo. Please give us the script to push tempo UP and DOWN like in the LPC kontrol.

Thanks
OS X - L8

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Nice find on using multiple X-Clips.

The script does include tempo inc/dec like LPC-Live has. The names are ‘BPM >’ and ‘BPM <’.

fx23

Post by fx23 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:35 pm

excellent

transology

Post by transology » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Clap clap clap :)
OS X - L8

jhartford

Post by jhartford » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 pm

awesome! I doubt ableton could have realized just how far its users would take midi remote scripts when they created the framework for hardware manufacturers, but I hope they're taking note and planning to build on it for future version. Its brilliant.

flippo

Post by flippo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 pm

thanks again.

Just wondering, is it possible to delete clips via remote scripts do you think?

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 am

metastatik wrote:After a quick look, it looks like this is a known issue with Chrome. I’ve re-uploaded the example set as a zip file. I think that should circumvent the issue. Let me know if not.
Thanks, that definitely solved it.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 pm

^^Good to hear and sorry for the initial difficulty. I’ve never hosted *.alps before so there were some variables involved I wasn’t aware of.
Just wondering, is it possible to delete clips via remote scripts do you think?
I’m not sure of a way of doing this via the API unfortunately. It might be possible to set up an action that can launch an external script (like an AppleScript or AutoHotKey script) that can do the delete though. I’ll see what I can do on this.

transology

Post by transology » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:37 pm

about deleting a clip: I guess a simple UNDO would do it 8)
OS X - L8

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:24 pm

transology wrote:about deleting a clip: I guess a simple UNDO would do it 8)

only direct after recording.. and to assure that on stage where even the vibration might create some permanent conrler action is not very reliable
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,