ClyphX – Utility script for Live 8 and 9 (and Live 7 too)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
regretfullySaid

Re: ClyphX – Utility script for Live 8 (and Live 7 too)

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:51 pm

You're welcome!
ImageImage

metastatik

Re: ClyphX – Utility script for Live 8 and 9 (and Live 7 too)

Post by metastatik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Just wanted to mention that ClyphX was massively updated during the Live 9 beta, but was previously only accessible to Live 9 beta testers. The latest version (v2.1.4) is now available for everyone to enjoy. You can read about all the changes here.

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks! The new features are awesome!

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm

metastatik wrote:Just wanted to mention that ClyphX was massively updated during the Live 9 beta, but was previously only accessible to Live 9 beta testers. The latest version (v2.1.4) is now available for everyone to enjoy. You can read about all the changes here.
Yay! Thats what i call a seamless transition! Thanks man!

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm

how does the CLIP CHOP functionality work?

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 pm

It duplicates a clip 8 times (you can alternatively specify the number of times to duplicate) and sets evenly distributed start points across the duplicates. This is covered in more detail in the manual. FWIW, you can also chop clips with CLIP CUE, which works in Live 8 or 9.

DJTIVA

Post by DJTIVA » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 pm

In the search of controlling my hardware synths by Midi CC`s in Arrangement view i came across Clyphx. I read that with this program it is possible to set Macros in Live to send out data to external hardware with midi implementation in order to control them. Automation seems to be possible in Arrangement view.

I now downloaded Clyphx but do not know how to use it for controlling my external hardware.

Can someone give me a short description on setting this up in order to control my synths by automation in Arrangement view.

Thanks a lot.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm

DJTIVA wrote:In the search of controlling my hardware synths by Midi CC`s in Arrangement view i came across Clyphx. I read that with this program it is possible to set Macros in Live to send out data to external hardware with midi implementation in order to control them. Automation seems to be possible in Arrangement view.

I now downloaded Clyphx but do not know how to use it for controlling my external hardware.

Can someone give me a short description on setting this up in order to control my synths by automation in Arrangement view.

Thanks a lot.
open your ClyphX file that you dowloaded and find the PDF titled Macrobat User Manual.

Find the section called nK MIDI - "The MIDI Rack allows you to send MIDI messages (Control Change,
Program Change and SysEx) from the Macros."
. This section explains all about it.

DJTIVA

Post by DJTIVA » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm

I installed Clyphx and checked it out on a Monomachine and Minitaur and it worked well. Will ckeck with the other synths in the next days. This is exactly what I was looking for. Some of my gear will be now used more often as automation can be done now in arrangement view, nice.

Thanks for this tool

Adashi

Post by Adashi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 am

Hi. I have successfully installed ClyphX and got it working in AL9.

What I want to do is use a command in session view to play the next scene automatically after the current one has finished playing. I have tested every 'SCENE' command by naming the clip with the specific command but it appears to perform the action immediately when that scene starts and not at the end of it like I need.

Can you offer any assistance with this please?

Thanks.

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 am

You can trigger actions upon clips stopping or looping, but there is no such way of doing the same on the scene level as scenes have no concept of stopping, looping or ending.

Anyhow, you can trigger successive scenes providing that the length of time you want them to play for is available as a quantization interval in Live (like 4 or 8 bars for example).

The easiest way to accomplish that is:
  • Either set up the Launch Quantization of all your clips to be Global and set Global Quantization to the interval you want scenes to play for (like 4 bars). Or set up the Launch Quantization of all your clips to be the interval you want them to play for.
  • Create a MIDI track and remove all of its stop buttons except for the first.
  • Create an X-Clip in the first slot named: [] (LSEQ) SCENE >.
  • Set the length of the X-Clip to equal the interval you want scenes to play for (like 4 bars).
To get things rolling, simply trigger the first scene.

barstu

Post by barstu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Is there any way of triggering a clyphx command string directly from within max for live?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:50 pm

barstu wrote:Is there any way of triggering a clyphx command string directly from within max for live?
you can rename clips and launch them using m4l...
so I guess the answer is yes..
:wink:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah in a way M4L can render clyphx redundant but say you had a clyphx xcontrol script written....what you could do is trigger the note or cc commands from an M4L MIDI Device and have the MIDI on the track go out to an IAC or Midi Yoke port; the same port you would set the clyphx script as the input in the preferences.

I'm doing the same thing in principle for a user remote script since I haven't delved into the Controller aspect of the API yet, so I'm sending CC's from M4L going out a midi yoke port that shares an input for a user remote script; works fine. Still, if you have M4L, why not just bypass clyphx and patch what you want to do?

Ok yes, I do agree with what 3Dot says below.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 pm

clyphx is much simpler for many tasks...