Holy Sh*t - Maschine update 1.6 brings VST/AU hosting !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
abluesky

Re: Holy Sh*t - Maschine update 1.6 brings VST/AU hosting !

Post by abluesky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 pm

ewistrand wrote:
continuous wrote:Assuming that those page controls appear on Maschine's displays, I'll most likely be selling Kore.
I wouldn't be so quick about that if I were you. The routing possibilities you could have when running Kore inside Maschine are pretty wack...

Your Maschine forum moderator,
ew

Are these routing possibilities similar to what we can do in Live? For example within racks, or from track to track?

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 pm

don't say I didn't tell ya not to say I didn't tell ya I told ya so

still it's a long wait for this update if it's in public beta til feb/march.
lets hope that maschine doesn't comepletely go the route of another beloved app that we use.

but here's where it gets interesting, native instruments are raising the bar so high that assuming the update works like we would all hope, what would another developer have to do to make you use what they're offering instead of maschine?
and thats the crux because maschine is so well integrated with the hardware that it's quite possibe that the only way to top what they've got goin on is to create something comparable for considerably much less money or the much more interesting choice of creating something comparable that works without a computer which would be beatmachine nirvana if it was priced right, and bring the whole mpc emulation thing full circle

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:10 am

Shit.....
Been trying not to love Machine. More hardware, more money, more....

Am I the only one around here not using Machine?

Might have to ask Santa to get me one.

The work flow seems pretty fast and looks pretty easy to get into without spending loads of time to learn.

Is this the best piece of equipment that you guys have bought or is this marketing hype to suck me in?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 am

Sibanger wrote: Is this the best piece of equipment that you guys have bought or is this marketing hype to suck me in?
The first one. It's pretty much unanimous. I've never seen so much continuous praise for something. And what's crazy is that NI have been putting out regular updates that have really listened to requests like nothing I've ever seen.
Professional Shark Jumper.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:18 am

maschine might even be bad for business, they're not only telling people that they'll listen they're actually listening wtf, you know damn well other devs are not going to do this, that could lead to a standstill

duro

Post by duro » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 am

Does Maschine allow me to record the incoming MIDI from a keyboard as well as the midi from the pads. Or If I were to get this baby, would I be only recording rhythmic parts for the track (drums, sample triggers, etc.) in Maschine?

Becuase trying to play a bassline using pads might not work for me.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:02 am

Going to be interesting to see how stability and CPU usage go.

Now that you load all these VST/AU's into Maschine, it is limited to using 1 core of your CPU. It is also at the mercy of the stability of the VST/Au loaded in it.

continuous

Post by continuous » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 am

Sibanger wrote:Shit.....
Is this the best piece of equipment that you guys have bought or is this marketing hype to suck me in?
Yep FWIW favorite piece aside of my lappy and ableton of course. Though, i have to say, I've made the most complete pieces using Maschine.

continuous

Post by continuous » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 am

duro wrote:Does Maschine allow me to record the incoming MIDI from a keyboard as well as the midi from the pads. Or If I were to get this baby, would I be only recording rhythmic parts for the track (drums, sample triggers, etc.) in Maschine?

Becuase trying to play a bassline using pads might not work for me.
Yes you can use a keyboard to play the midi in Maschine. For example, I like to use the pads for beats and sample triggering and my X-Station Keyboard for bass lines and pads.

Ben_Binary

Post by Ben_Binary » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 am

Reaktor in Maschine could be some serious coolness!!!
soundcloud Live 9 & Push / Reaper / Octatrack / Rytm / MicroBrute / Nord Modular G1 & G2 / Waldorf Rack Attack / Juno 60 / Monotron & Duo / SeratoDJ / Komplete 9 / OhmForce

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:52 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
Sibanger wrote: Is this the best piece of equipment that you guys have bought or is this marketing hype to suck me in?
The first one. It's pretty much unanimous. I've never seen so much continuous praise for something. And what's crazy is that NI have been putting out regular updates that have really listened to requests like nothing I've ever seen.
Damn!
continuous wrote:
Sibanger wrote:Shit.....
Yep FWIW favorite piece aside of my lappy and ableton of course. Though, i have to say, I've made the most complete pieces using Maschine.
Arrrgghhh SHIT!!!

Ben_Binary wrote:Reaktor in Maschine could be some serious coolness!!!

Fuck Nooooooooooooo!

EEEkk!
:( :( 8O 8O :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:26 am

Hmm. Ableton could possibly hire someone to build a similare template, and create needed tools to go with it from Max. And while were at it: also build an iPad touch controller App, run it from an APC second gen with iPad docking, and streamline the software app on the the iPad, matching this Live template. After all Live is a flexible beast.

Im in the prosess of creating a Maschine/Nano Studio inspired template for the APC40, with the help of Native Kontrolls APC presets. Shurely Ableton could do something like this.

transology

Post by transology » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 am

ze2be wrote:Hmm. Ableton could possibly hire someone to build a similare template, and create needed tools to go with it from Max. And while were at it: also build an iPad touch controller App, run it from an APC second gen with iPad docking, and streamline the software app on the the iPad, matching this Live template. After all Live is a flexible beast.

Im in the prosess of creating a Maschine/Nano Studio inspired template for the APC40, with the help of Native Kontrolls APC presets. Shurely Ableton could do something like this.
+1.

But it's great to see an alternative. I'll keep my setup and check how you guys can do with it !
OS X - L8

o0o

Post by o0o » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:02 am

ze2be wrote:Hmm. Ableton could possibly hire someone to build a similare template, and create needed tools to go with it from Max. And while were at it: also build an iPad touch controller App, run it from an APC second gen with iPad docking, and streamline the software app on the the iPad, matching this Live template. After all Live is a flexible beast.

true but the genius of maschine is not having to go through any of that. maschine is not about geeking out, that's why it's got the electronic dev crowd off kilter. I'm sure they don't know whether to respond to maschine by geeking out more or going back to basics at this point but it will be interesting to see.
rabbit

o0o

Post by o0o » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:07 am

but no matter what happens in this battle of planets and stars the maschine boys will never have me.
I will remain in the warp afterlife.

I Like Live
rabbit