AUTOMATION TO SESSION has been asked since 2002 8 YEARS!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fx23

AUTOMATION TO SESSION has been asked since 2002 8 YEARS!!!

Post by fx23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I wondered how many time we/i asked this, by curiosity searched on forum and came accross one that seem to be
on the ealy ones:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1466

so... that's now 8 f::!^g years it has been requested, yes 8 years we wait patiently next version to see it's still not there.

will there be a special event for the decade waiting? some giant pinic or stuff like that?

we should all boycott live9 if there is no automation to session imo, otherwise it may never come..

edit: forgot to give my free sticker for automation in session fellow fighterZ.
we want autom to session and free moves from arrange to session, since 2K2 Abes WTF
Last edited by fx23 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timothyallan

Re: AUTOMATION TO SESSION has been asked since 2002 8 YEARS!!!

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Did you read the reasoning as to why it's not been implemented?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:54 pm

timothyallan wrote:Did you read the reasoning as to why it's not been implemented?
Yes. Complete hatred of thier users.

I'd say that's a valid reason.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Don't forget the shady marketing department as exposed previously by 3phase.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 pm

timothyallan wrote:Did you read the reasoning as to why it's not been implemented?
you might have a point if the request was made in, say, 2007.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:08 pm

I'd say the reasoning is pretty valid for the lifecycle of the Live product.

fx23

Post by fx23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Did you read the reasoning as to why it's not been implemented?

rewrite was certainly not good for them as stopping buissness and $$$, but for users, and for the soft itself it certainly is.
they just prefered buisness over users.

as said with a 10 years lifecycle we could have seen even 2 rewrites already.

all major intelligent softs do rewrites, or they become to wierd buggy and deep flaws can't be bypassed.
you keep on implementing stuff over a not so good core, that's a total waiste of energy.
that's what happening now, and from a while.

beter reset and clean reconstruct. 10 years reflexions around this is certainly enough to see how to proceed
for a good MKII that would blow away any other daw for a new decade.

and the most important, respect the users nb1 most awaited request in a soft history would be kind descent.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 pm

It's not just a coding perspective, it's how the 2 areas related to each other using relative and absolute automation. It's a workflow change that affects the entire product and the way that their current user base works with Live as a program. As the user base grows (which it has exponentially in the past few years), the change becomes harder to implement without upsetting a larger portion of those users.

I see both points of view though, so we'll see if it ever changes.

fx23

Post by fx23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm

but that exactly the point why it would be so much better:

you would have THE CHOICE of wich is absolute or wich is relative, mean you could also recreate the current actual mode by default
users are used too (arrang abs/session relative) so that's a non acceptable argument.

any deep change certainly affect backward compatibility at some point. but if no sacrifice we would still run MS-DOS.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:30 pm

it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again.

Ableton literally has a list of feature requests on their wall. at least a few years ago some users visited their offices and vouched for its existence.

they know.

so, you think another request thread is suddenly going to make this re-write happen? like you're some special flower that they've been waiting to hear this request from to make it happen?

just another whiny thread.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djod

Post by djod » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Well maybe the addition of vst in Maschine will wake them up.
Automation is bloody easy and wicked fast in Maschine.
The concept of GroupClips could make the transition happen in Live. http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=141848
Maybe they have a better solution, but it is possible, without loosing backward compatibility.
It would also open the door to some new ways of working in session view.

I say time for a rewrite :mrgreen:

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:46 pm

bring automation to session !

tone deft...

go back to V3 if thats what u want.

o0o

Post by o0o » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Tone Deft wrote:it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again. it's been asked for and it's being asked for again.

Ableton literally has a list of feature requests on their wall. at least a few years ago some users visited their offices and vouched for its existence.

they know.

so, you think another request thread is suddenly going to make this re-write happen? like you're some special flower that they've been waiting to hear this request from to make it happen?

just another whiny thread.
somebody call that guy Stale Bread I remember he made ableton put in the drumsampler slicer back in the day :)
rabbit

fx23

Post by fx23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 pm

@tone deft

I bought an access virus powercore a few years ago. it was weird buggy on several points.
there were time to time threads that shown up but nothing moved for five years.
few very angry like me users resterted to shout out and we made a bigger action with major postings on music forum threads
and started an online petition and even considered a lawsuit action.
3 month later, tc electronics and access suddently came up with an update, that was requested 'in loop mode' from 5 years.

here i/we can't make a lawsuit against ableton, because it's not a bug, but a non advertised design issue/ lack of users respect.

If you are happy with the situation. it's cool. im not and i will keep on trying to flam few users evey years or new version
until, in an 'useless way', util they bring the damned thing.

I do know they know, and from a long time. I want them to ACT.
if they see 2000 users are whining on a subject, they have potentially more chance to move their as s than if a subject
get biased due to 'that is useless keeping on..'

i just would. really enjoy alternatives such NI or usine to raise and pick them enough cutomers so once buisness will come into the equation they certainly magically will react faster.

may i add i have nothing particular, im just a pissed off 7 years waiting that again and again user, like a considerable nb of users here.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:bring automation to session !

tone deft...

go back to V3 if thats what u want.
what the fuck are you on about? I get along fine recording automation into arrange view.

of course it would be nice to record into session view but I find ways to work around it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz