Korg synths really cheap now (separate or bundle)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glitchrock-buddha

Korg synths really cheap now (separate or bundle)

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Something many of you might be interested in.

Korg have recently made each synth available at 49 bucks a pop: MS-20, MonoPoly, Polysix, M1 and Wavestation. It used to be just the analog collection and the digital collection. They've scrapped that and gone individual, or you can get all 5 for 199 (includes the MDE-X effects plug-in and legacy cell).
http://www.korg.com/Products.aspx?ct=53

And to make it even better, you can upgrade from the M1 Le to the full bundle ("special bundle") for 99 dollars. I figured this could interest some of you that have bought korg nanokey and microkey controllers, as I believe an M1 Le license comes with those.

Prices are listed in the shop section:
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/

And these are really some of the nicest synths out there imo. Easy on cpu too.
Last edited by glitchrock-buddha on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Shark Jumper.

leedsquietman

Re: Korg synths really cheap now (separate or bundle)

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:45 pm

I've always loved my Korg Legacy digital package (even though I've had it nearly 5 years), but can now pick up some of the analogs not included at a good price.

If only I had some cash - bugger !
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:02 pm

leedsquietman wrote:I've always loved my Korg Legacy digital package (even though I've had it nearly 5 years), but can now pick up some of the analogs not included at a good price.

If only I had some cash - bugger !
I don't see any mention of an upgrade from the digital edition to the new full bundle, but if it's 99 to upgrade from just the M1 Le, it must be at least that cheaper or cheaper to go from the full M1/Wavestation to the full collection.

I only just bought these two collections last winter for over a hundred each. Not bad, but I also have a nanokey. d'oh! But such is the way with software...

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm

so if you want the full bundle (199) it would be wise
to buy a nanokey and then the full bundle for 99.
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Coupe70 wrote:so if you want the full bundle (199) it would be wise
Yeah, christ I found it for $39! 8O Don't know how I'm going to resist this?

wascal

Post by wascal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Even if the nanokey falls apart within 6 days (like mine) thats still a pretty good deal
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 pm

wascal wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Even if the nanokey falls apart within 6 days (like mine) thats still a pretty good deal
Hopefully you got a new one?

Also does anybody know where to actually hear these synths?
Youtube is full of the originals, and it doesn't look like Korg have demo versions of them?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Youtube is full of the originals, and it doesn't look like Korg have demo versions of them?
Youtube is full of korg legacy examples dude:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... egacy&aq=f

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 pm

had both collections for a long time now but thought I'd chime in for those new to them -- IMO these are among the best software synths on the market. I wish more companies (Roland??) would follow the example Korg set with these. They sound great, the GUI's are true to the originals (save wavestation, but it's improved, easily). I probably use these synths more than any others, overall. Mono/Poly is my favorite. One caveat is the GUI of the ms-20 -- WTF is up with needing to scroll the interface left-right instead of just showing the whole thing on one screen? very poor choice, IMO. but ACE has replaced the MS-20 for me, anyway. But I still get huge mileage out of the rest, including the oft-cheesey sounding M1 stuff.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 pm

mholloway wrote:had both collections for a long time now but thought I'd chime in for those new to them -- IMO these are among the best software synths on the market. I wish more companies (Roland??) would follow the example Korg set with these. They sound great, the GUI's are true to the originals (save wavestation, but it's improved, easily). I probably use these synths more than any others, overall. Mono/Poly is my favorite. One caveat is the GUI of the ms-20 -- WTF is up with needing to scroll the interface left-right instead of just showing the whole thing on one screen? very poor choice, IMO. but ACE has replaced the MS-20 for me, anyway. But I still get huge mileage out of the rest, including the oft-cheesey sounding M1 stuff.

-M
Agreed about the MS-20 interface. It's so insane that it's such a small box that has to scroll. The whole thing could easily fit and they don't even give a full size view. Makes no sense. I have the controller which makes that completely irrelevant though. It's a lot of fun with the MR-20 controller but I can't stand using it without it.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Youtube is full of korg legacy examples dude:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... egacy&aq=f
Thanks, every once in a while my brian gets stuck. I typed in Mono/Poly VST and got all hardware.

dum

Post by dum » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I figured this could interest some of you that have bought korg nano series controllers or other korg controllers, as I believe an M1 Le license comes with those.
You believe wrong, it only comes with the KEY controllers like nanokey or microkey. As specified in the link you provided. M1 is a keyboard synth, so it makes sense. the software freebies that come with their controllers tend to reflect the purpose of the controllers... some drum software comes with the pads, for example.

And demos are available. It's a bit tricky to organise, but you just need to register an account. If you don't already own a registered korg product simply go through the order process as if you're about to buy one of the synths, you will be asked to register - do so - and then just cancel the order.
Now that you're registered, log in, go to downloads, and download the demos.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:16 am

dum wrote: And demos are available. It's a bit tricky to organise, but you just need to register an account. If you don't already own a registered korg product simply go through the order process as if you're about to buy one of the synths, you will be asked to register - do so - and then just cancel the order.
Now that you're registered, log in, go to downloads, and download the demos.
Thanks!

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:32 am

dum wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:I figured this could interest some of you that have bought korg nano series controllers or other korg controllers, as I believe an M1 Le license comes with those.
You believe wrong, it only comes with the KEY controllers like nanokey or microkey. As specified in the link you provided. M1 is a keyboard synth, so it makes sense.
Ya I was thinking of key controllers. I edited it to be more precise, thank you (for being so precise).

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:04 am

Get to the point after it asks if I want to register with my personal details and where it asks for registration #'s, quit out and it doesn't stick. :evil:

[edit] got it! can't start from the product page only the "shop" page for some reason?