25% off upgrading = Live 9 announcement in early 2011?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Re: 25% off upgrading = Live 9 announcement in early 2011?

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Angstrom wrote:would they announce Vocoder by mistake in a walkaround video by some guy from an online magazine ?
;)
The real question is, would they do it AGAIN? No-one needs a convolution reverb! :D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:46 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Angstrom wrote:would they announce Vocoder by mistake in a walkaround video by some guy from an online magazine ?
;)
The real question is, would they do it AGAIN? No-one needs a convolution reverb! :D
That's a very esoteric effect!
Although I have a nice freebie IRverb.

For me: Nobody needs a method of integrating Session and Arrangement to provide a true non-linear compositional tool !

That is also very esoteric, and is hopefully in this new version, which isn't coming soon.
wait, I confused myself.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Angstrom wrote:That is also very esoteric, and is hopefully in this new version, which isn't coming soon.
wait, I confused myself.
I think you meant: "No-one needs to know when Live 9 will be announced."

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Carl Lofgren wrote:
David Abravanel wrote:Hi, to clarify a couple things:

There will not be any announcement or preview of Live 9 at the IRCAM forum. There's some misinformation somewhere, but Live 9 will not be part of this.

Live 9 will come in the future, but we cannot, at the moment, give a timeframe or feature preview for it. The Get In Tune With Winter sale is not intended to get rid of Live 8 and make way for Live 9 - it is a holiday promotion.
You're no fun anymore.
yeah whats up with this? no conspiracy. pfft. C'MON MAN!! can't you see how many people you've made WRONG by posting this!!

"traditionally Ableton... blah"
"do the math asshole you're getting screwed by Abl... blah"

All this moderation and str8 shooting is ruining perfectly good debauchery and talking directly out the bunghole holier than thou i know Ableton better than you statements. its this type of thing that makes people post grandiose exit threads and create new nicks and return a month later. you're just creating more work for yourselves here David.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Uh huh. So this means you will NOT announce Live 9 at NAMM?

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:15 pm

dr_loop wrote:
McQ714 wrote:...yes indeed. **THERE WILL BE NO LIVE 9**. There will be Live MX (like Live Max Extended).
The OMINOUS TOTAL REWRITE. 64Bit of course, and the M4L runtime will be included, and will be used for all what is missing now, Panel-Sets, a proper Preset-System and much more
According to my sources this is very accurate. In keeping with the competition(Sonar X1) they will skip the arabic numeral and go right into the new millenium with the X-factor. My sources reveal that Ableton is using the same art firm as cakewalk but they will go with the Lucky Strike analogy for the boxed version to compete with Sonar's Marlboro boxed version. These companies are hip to the fact that there's a huge Asian computer music market ripe for the plundering. And asians like their smokes.

ImageImage Image
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 pm

pulsoc wrote:Uh huh. So this means you will NOT announce Live 9 at NAMM?
No, but it also doesn't mean they will. Might be at Messe instead :D

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:20 am

simpleton wrote: ImageImage Image
Nice! Definitely Lucky Strikes for the Abes. :mrgreen: Though the package is red.

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
simpleton wrote: ImageImage Image
Nice! Definitely Lucky Strikes for the Abes. :mrgreen: Though the package is red.
Yeah the package design is always the deciding factor for my DAW purchases too. I’m glad I’m not alone. :lol: