Ableton has to........

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DJ VAKIS

Ableton has to........

Post by DJ VAKIS » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:15 pm

Ok,Pc and Mac users you have to stop talking about that Live it is not working well in both systems.Pc users are OK but have litle problems Mac users say the same, with CPU problems more than the PC users.The Ableton has to explain to us what is going on.We have paid lots of money for this software and what happend? always problems.
I am tired to hear every day the same problems,If you guys dont like that then you have to find another software to work with it.I also work with Live 4.0.4 but i have problems too.Why Ableton did not make it perfect?We will see what happends with the new version,why they dont say fixed problems with the CPU?and only they want to presend something new?,do they want to put glases to our eyes?
Please dont write problems wtht you have,just go straight to Ableton,they have to solve the problems we have,look Live 4 costs 400Euro,for what?after all what happends.
http://www.myspace.com/djvakis
http://mix2r.fm/audio/user/221

----------------------------------------
MacBookPro 13" Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 2GB
Live 8 -Operator -Sampler
AKAI LPD8-GENELEC 1029A-iPhone runing TouchOSC.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:18 pm

i think just posting problems in the Bugs & Problems section of the forum would be a step in the right direction. it is there for a reason.

DJ VAKIS

Ableton has to........

Post by DJ VAKIS » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:22 pm

All of us we have paid much money for this software,and we have problems.I think is beter to go back to cubase on OS9 and i'll be happy like the old days.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:23 pm

go for it. no one is forcing you to use live.

mcconaghy

Re: Ableton has to........

Post by mcconaghy » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:27 pm

DJ VAKIS wrote:All of us we have paid much money for this software,and we have problems.
I don't have problems with Live.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:28 pm

to begin with ableton live costs less than most other software choices...

hey if cubase on an os9 machine helps you wet your dacks then go for it.. there's people using cubase on old atari's still and everything has it's place but live has a lot more to offer to me personally...

i wonder what the world would be like had ableton only releaased live on the pc? would mac users say "please give us a mac version of live!! we dont care if it performs worse than on PC as long as we can use it"

DJ VAKIS

Ableton has to........

Post by DJ VAKIS » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:30 pm

I use Live 4.0.4 to but I dont think is the best software in the world after all the problems i have and many of you guys.I think we dont have to wait the best out of this software,the profesionals use other softwares than that put it in your mind,if you want or not guys.(LOGIC,PROTOOLS,CUBASE)Ableton had to make it beter before drop it in the market.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:34 pm

seriously, if you are so disgusted with Live 4
then use cubase on OS9.

this thread is not constructive at all.
why not participate in the 4.0.5b3 beta ? that would be constructive.

every app on every system has issues - this is nothing new.
I'm plenty pleased with the performance of Live. Its an instrument, not a DAW. If you aren't then don't use it. But don't bash it on the company's bandwidth on your way out the door.

Moonburnt

Re: Ableton has to........

Post by Moonburnt » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:36 pm

DJ VAKIS wrote:...always problems. I am tired to hear every day the same problems,If you guys dont like that then you have to find another software to work with it.I also work with Live 4.0.4 but i have problems too.Why Ableton did not make it perfect?...
Ouch, you better have your asbestos underpants on, i think a lot of people will disagree. Is there such a thing as perfect? Live works great but it is (understandably) cpu intensive. I don't see that as a problem, rather an inevitibility. It does a lot and that's what cpu's are for. Maybe you have some specific problems that I don't know about, but it just sounds like a non-specific moan.

sickpuppy

Post by sickpuppy » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:46 pm

what the hell???

I'm sorry but I think Live has to be the most stable piece of software I've ever used on a PC, can't comment on Mac.

I know people have problems occasionally but you have to remember that especially on PC, there are literally millions of different combinations of hardware and software out there and there are bound to be conflicts and errors now and again.

It seems to me that Ableton like to try and ensure that their software is a quality, stable product unlike some of the other 'big' players out there and they continue to fix and improve Live all the time.

Instead of bitching because your particular setup doesn't work properly or whatever why not try and help by providing them with QUALITY feedback.

Give them your exact sys specs, let them know what software you run in conjuction, tell them how exactly you get the error so they can try and replicate it.

And yes, if you or they cannot sort the problem then feel free to use another app, no-one forces you to use Live.

And yes to the last post, due to the ever changing nature of computer technology and the factors I've mentioned it is impossible to create a perfect app, although:

10 Print "Hello World"
20 goto 10

is pretty close, not a lot can go wrong there ;)
SickPuppy
www.sickmusic.eclipse.co.uk

Win XP Pro, Athlon XP 2600+, 1GB 3200 DDR, NVIDIA Soundstorm, Geforce 6800GT, 1 x PATA 111GB, 2 x SATA 111GB, evolution MK-225C, evolution X-Session

special ed

Post by special ed » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:50 pm

this is a pointless topic. there is no such thing as perfect software, if there was, there would be no updates. i have not personally had much problems with live, usually any ive had was because i was a stupid ass not paying attention to a small detail. there are things that can be improved obviously, but thats with anything. i have had no more problems with live than any other software.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:15 pm

i am sorry for you DJ Vakis, when I got Live 4 I was considering reselling it and getting Cubase 3. Meanwhile it all changed I found my ways to work different and will probably never upgrade my Cubase since I hardly use it anymore. I am allergic to products that dont work, I pay, I want service, if not money back, or trash bin- if I am really pissed. These are the reason I would never again buy M audio product.
I have no problems with Live at all and I work more efficently then with any other software or hardware. But remember the rest has to be right so, I got another computer, got 7200 HD, 1 G Ram, reliable soundcard (Indigo) and controller. Absolutely no complains. So before you dump it check the other ends, as a fellow artist I may say frankly Live is worth it. Mind you I live from music so I cannot have any sentiments or whims about it, if Live wasnt to my needs I would got rid of it long time ago.
I dont want Live to be Cubase, neither want, need audio in Reason. I dont expect a cow to fly.

minimal

Post by minimal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:22 pm

Dear DJ Vakis,

if I were you I would go back to the unbeatable combo of atari + cubase, if you want I can send you my atari for free (ah, you'll also get a gorgeous midex 4 midi interface with 2 ins/4 outs), you just have to pay the shipping.

all the best and stay grooy

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:37 pm

On mac I can say that yeah, sometimes the CPU limit gets me down, but no crashes, very stable!!!

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:49 pm

minimal wrote:Dear DJ Vakis,

if I were you I would go back to the unbeatable combo of atari + cubase, if you want I can send you my atari for free (ah, you'll also get a gorgeous midex 4 midi interface with 2 ins/4 outs), you just have to pay the shipping.

all the best and stay grooy
OK if he wont take it I WILL ! Could be fun ! I was late into computer thingy so missed the Atari phase but hearing so much about it. I would promise to really used it, write something with it. So DJ Vikis if you dont want I surely do!