Page 2 of 6

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:43 pm
by satoribeats
Yea i would have to agree! I am a long time lurker on the forums , just felt this needed to be my first post!

What do you mean alt screen names?

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 pm
by djsb
Used to be a pretty big fan of Deadmau5 back before he became popular. He does the best production work I've ever heard, but his tracks are kinda all the same. Just uses obscure sound effects to make them sound different. With that said, he's a complete asshole.

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 pm
by hacktheplanet
I like Deadmau5. He writes fun music. :)

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:55 am
by Machinesworking
Another case just like BT where I simply don't get why people are interested in him? His music does nothing for me, don't hate it, doesn't move me, big zero reaction.

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:51 am
by leedsquietman
+1

Just nothing new or exciting at all IMO. Anything of his I've seen or heard barely even registers a 'meh' yet some people treat the dude like he's the new Messiah. The mouse head is the only original thing and he needed this gimmick real bad, or he would not have been noticed at all. Musically uninspiring and I ain't gonna kiss his a$$ just because he uses Ableton Live on stage. (He also uses FL Studio, Cubase and other software).

Also comes off as being a bit of a prick with his comments on DJs, his stupid girly cat fight with Rusko, and his attitude over other artists using Live on stage and his loops that he licensed to Image Line, saying that people can't use them except to demo the program unless they pay him $100. Of course, some of this stuff is blown up by media and might not be gospel truth, but does nothing to enhance his status as a human being.

I honestly think BT, who also is on the 'meh' scale for me, is more talented.

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:19 am
by nuperspective
he was on an episode of CSI the other week djing a pool party WTF??

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:38 am
by 3phase
leedsquietman wrote:+1

Just nothing new or exciting at all IMO. Anything of his I've seen or heard barely even registers a 'meh' yet some people treat the dude like he's the new Messiah. The mouse head is the only original thing and he needed this gimmick real bad, or he would not have been noticed at all. Musically uninspiring and I ain't gonna kiss his a$$ just because he uses Ableton Live on stage. (He also uses FL Studio, Cubase and other software).
He has done some good tracks... it´s just the childrens hype around it that makes it a bit shaddy.. but you cant blame him for riding the wave while it is there...

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 am
by Trypset
if the wave is filled with pilled out teeny boppers who don't know the meaning of vibes.......then I'll stay on the damn beach

plus.....how you gonna play fucking "rave" music and look down and talk shit to another artist for smoking some herb.....

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:51 am
by 3phase
Trypset wrote:if the wave is filled with pilled out teeny boppers who don't know the meaning of vibes.......then I'll stay on the damn beach

plus.....how you gonna play fucking "rave" music and look down and talk shit to another artist for smoking some herb.....

thats pretty lame :lol:
but i guess it pays his bills. however.. he is rather considred to be an entertainer than an artist.. more like a dj with a funny head

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:02 am
by The Carpet Cleaner
3phase IS deadmau5. Actually it's a fact !

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 am
by fx23
i don't really like or hate here, but i don't understand the hype around it too. nothing special imo.

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 am
by Machinesworking
3phase wrote: He has done some good tracks...
Name them if you don't mind, I would actually like to know what the fuss is about? Everything I've heard him do is solid production wise and mediocre song wise.

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:36 am
by 3phase
Machinesworking wrote:
3phase wrote: He has done some good tracks...
Name them if you don't mind, I would actually like to know what the fuss is about? Everything I've heard him do is solid production wise and mediocre song wise.
?? one or two youtube videos sounded well produced catchy and not cheasy for me..with a positive drive..
i think he had some "hits" but except the fuss about the head and the teenage drama, that is actually a standard situation in the electronic music world..
Probably his mangement trys to make some kind of us daftpunk out of it??
why are we talking so much about that issue? are we part of the teenage mouse fans?
We will see what will happen in the future releases..thats allways the point of proove in the long run..
And thats a quality question and not how much units you can sell.. But i would say that i ve heard at least one track of the guy that had quality. just fair said.. and i cant say this about any hype techno artist..

anyway,,that was my last word on deadmouses..

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 am
by satoribeats

Re: Deadmau5

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 am
by YILA
I checked it out to see what the hype was... one word came to mind 'weak'