use REASON 5 demo in live 8 and avoid the 20 minute limit!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
flashy12

use REASON 5 demo in live 8 and avoid the 20 minute limit!!

Post by flashy12 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 pm

it's a workaround to the 20 minute limit on the reg reason 5 demo

don't knock it til ya tried it

Ableton live 8 is a beast add reason 5 devices to it and it's a monster

1. Download the reason 5 demo an install. Then download "record 1.5" and install

2. open a new Ableton Live set then open Propellerhead RECORD run in demo mode

Note: the demo version of Reason 5 if run by itself with stop working after 20 minutes

But if you simply install reason 5 then install record 1.5 and run in demo mode, the reason 5 devices are available in record and since record 1.5 is a full version you are just running it in free demo mode, there is no 20 minute time limit with the reason devices within it.

setup midi & audio tracks in your live set with record rewired into ableton

You will now have the kong mpc lookin drum desgner the thor synth etc etc etc to add to your ableton rig without any cost, unless you decide to buy for the full soundsets.

btw I'm buying em after finding out how useful they are within ableton
Last edited by flashy12 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.BGBEATS.COM
"Make That Sound In Your Head,a Recorded Reality"

Jacqueslacouth

Re: use REASON 5 demo within record in ableton FREEEEEE!

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:00 pm

I suspect you are about to get a few lectures here

flashy12

Post by flashy12 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Jacqueslacouth wrote:I suspect you are about to get a few lectures here
Ableton is my fav & why i have an apc 20

I really like the midi effect "scale" to choose the root note /scale then just play,

and the midi "chord" effect. applying these effects to the reason devices like the thor are pretty cool

don't get the wrong idea of this thread

I do not support people that use the pirate stuff/ cracked software I paid for my Ableton live back on version 4 and have since upgraded to 8

I also own propellerhead reason version 3 license just have not been using for like 3 years .

After seeing the reason 5 update mainly the KONG drumrack type of thing I decided to try out the reason 5 demo 1st, but sucks it cuts off after 20 minutes, then tried the record 1.5 and realized that i was still using the kong & thor way beyond the 20 minutes more like 5 hours so found this little workaround the reason 5 demo limit. Since the "record 1.5 software is a full version just running in demo mode it accesses the devices from the reason 5 demo instaslled but since it does not actually open the reason program the 20 minute timer does not apply

I found it out by accident and are sharing it as other ableton users may wanna try out reason 5 and avoid the time limit too and may even decide to purchase as I did (upgrade in my case so only 169 instead of 450

I'm upgrading my reason 3 license to the reason 5/record 1.5 after using these devices for this longer perion of uninterrupted demo time..

it is not intended to be a long term alternative to buying reason 5/record 1.5 it is just a way to get a better feel for using the devices rewired into ableton without the 20 minute cutoff

http://www.propellerheads.se/download/
Last edited by flashy12 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fx23

Post by fx23 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:42 pm

cool tip thnx

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Reason 5 is currently 299 at gc and on weekends they may have a 50 off web coupon at times. Wait for that during the holidays. You can then get the software for 249.

I have reason 5 and it's fun to just sample and chop sounds into it and layer a good kit with drum synthesis. I agree. 20 minutes just doesn't cut it.

carrieres

Re: use REASON 5 demo in live 8 and avoid the 20 minute limit!!

Post by carrieres » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 am

i will try it, i did not installed the demo because of the time limit but now l will
thanks
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

Radio Arcade

Post by Radio Arcade » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm

cheers, nice find, all within the law i say.....
Music Makes You Lose KoNtRoL!

flashy12

Post by flashy12 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Radio Arcade wrote:cheers, nice find, all within the law i say.....
YEP YEP

Propellerhead must have just overlooked that little work-around or realized it and left it anyway

Gaetano CAPUANO

Post by Gaetano CAPUANO » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:30 pm

When I run Record in Rewire I can get the first track in Live, then when I create a new instrument in Record and a new track in Live it is still the same instrument 1 sound in the new Abelton track. I have done alot of searching and cant figure this out. I know it is probably a stupid easy thing I am overlooking. Please help?

I feel like there must be some option in Record to connect the new instrument or something, this Reason/Record interface is foreign to me :D
http://www.customguitarloops.com
Need Guitar or Bass tracks for your project? Message me and lets work that out

Grottoman

Post by Grottoman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I have Reason 5 and record 1.5 and I definitely recommend it. I don't have ableton live though, that's why I'm scanning the forums to see what people do and think about it.

First post by the way.

flashy12

Post by flashy12 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Grottoman wrote:I have Reason 5 and record 1.5 and I definitely recommend it. I don't have ableton live though, that's why I'm scanning the forums to see what people do and think about it.

First post by the way.

I like the midi "scale" effect that ableton has where you choose the root note and scale then play what your feeling with the effect keeps you within the correct scale/key.

using Ableton and that effect to control Reason 5 devices is nice .

I'm tempted to sequence in Ableton the export the .wav files and import into Record to mix and master with the virtual ssl.

using both is pretty cool so far

flashy12

Post by flashy12 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Gaetano CAPUANO wrote:When I run Record in Rewire I can get the first track in Live, then when I create a new instrument in Record and a new track in Live it is still the same instrument 1 sound in the new Abelton track. I have done alot of searching and cant figure this out. I know it is probably a stupid easy thing I am overlooking. Please help?

I feel like there must be some option in Record to connect the new instrument or something, this Reason/Record interface is foreign to me :D

Everytime you create a new device in record/reason then in Live in the new midi track you choose which device in that drop down menu. each midi track in ableton can be to a different reason/record device

It's really cool cause once it is all setup it is almost like Reason/record is part of Ableton just a detached window

I have an Akai APC 20 too and when put it in note trigger mode I can play the kong drums or any other devices with the clip trigger buttons.

coolness 8)
Last edited by flashy12 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grottoman

Post by Grottoman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Wow, are you even making music when your using a tool like that? Just randomly slapping the keyboard and hitting no false notes? It's a neat feature though, but I can live without it.

By the way, does ableton have any great synths or do you really need to use vsti to get good results.

flashy12

Post by flashy12 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Grottoman wrote:Wow, are you even making music when your using a tool like that? Just randomly slapping the keyboard and hitting no false notes? It's a neat feature though, but I can live without it.

By the way, does ableton have any great synths or do you really need to use vsti to get good results.
Well, I mean not hitting random keys, just if you happen to play a note out of scale it will be kept in scale. I have the scale poster just not memorized

either way though when recording with computer/virtual instruments it's all cheating to an extent cause when I pick up my guitar it's totally different yet the same sounds can be made with ableton minus the fingers slinding down the neck (they might have that now, I dunno)

I'm more into the amped guitar sounds than the electronica synths and stuff though with the "suite" version you get all kinds of stuff, you can try it out for a month free no limits and see if you dig it

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Grottoman wrote:Wow, are you even making music when your using a tool like that? Just randomly slapping the keyboard and hitting no false notes? It's a neat feature though, but I can live without it.

I switched to only Live instruments and won't look back. I LOVE operator for its synth sounds and sampler can't be beat. I've got a drum rack w/ a samplers in it w/ hundreds of drum sounds. Now I can create a basic beat and I have a knob to tweak which sample I want to play at any given time. Freakin' sweet!
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent