reaktor vs sessions and izotope trash

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dethdeth

reaktor vs sessions and izotope trash

Post by dethdeth » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:22 pm

hey dudes listen whats the pro's and cons of each?
reaktor looks confusing, sessions seems simple. how long does it normally take a newbie to excel? Also whats a great controller to use with reaktor... any that have memory similair to a nord modular?

anyone use trash... hear it's the best guitar amp plug in period... endorsed by trent reznor!

thanks!

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:25 pm

you may want to ask these questions in the reaktor user forum over at the native instruments site.

some of us use reaktor, but not all. :)

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:17 am

Reaktor session is probably the one for you, and by a stroke of luck I happen to have my copy listed on ebay at the moment!

:lol:

Put simply, Reaktor 4 enables you to actually create your own instruments, reaktor session only plays existing ones. If R4 looks confusing it's more than llikely your just after the sounds and not the programming - it is confusing as hell at first and you have to put alot of time into it - with sessions you can just use it like a normal virtual instrument or FX and you can also still use all the instruments in the user library (somewhere over 1500 of them)

(I actually do have it listed BTW and I've got a horrible feeling I forgot to put a reserve on it, so you might be doing yourself a favour gettin over there guvnor. Mange Tout.)

[/hard sell]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT :lol:

Hypomixolydian

Post by Hypomixolydian » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:40 am

I don't rate Trash too highly as a guitar amp simulator. Sounds crap next to amplitube or Guitar Rig.