Live not supported as Major DAW.. Why?! Audient etc

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
YILA

Live not supported as Major DAW.. Why?! Audient etc

Post by YILA » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:53 pm

So.. I asked Audient about Ableton and the ASP2802..

They said there not going to support it.. is that madness?.. I was looking at buying it but now I can't as Live is my main DAW.

Why aren't companies taking you seriously Ableton?
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

Mister36

Re: Live not supported as Major DAW.. Why?! Audient etc

Post by Mister36 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Wow. That's serious stuff. Hadn't heard of it before and have just "googled" it.

I would suggest that their reasons are possibly down to their clientbase and the fact that as a typical DAW and as far as linear recording goes, Ableton is, as far as I've read, not necessarily up to scratch in various areas. I don't really know though, I don't use it for that. Just my thoughts on your comment.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:23 pm

YILA wrote:So.. I asked Audient about Ableton and the ASP2802..

They said there not going to support it.. is that madness?.. I was looking at buying it but now I can't as Live is my main DAW.

Why aren't companies taking you seriously Ableton?
stupid question.. live is not even suporting timecode properly and you cant be sure wether a samplerate conversion is applied t the audio or not.. the midi implementation is a bad joke... and how many bugs and crashes was there last year? but we can sync with a dj software now.. wow :?

i think is pretty easy to dont take it serious when you are no fan or user...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

YILA

Post by YILA » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Stupid question?.. Your rude aren't you! What are you going on about sample rate?!.. it's whatever sample rate you set it too!

Well I use Live all the time as a producer, remixer, mixer and to track.. with worldwide acclaimed releases too so how it's not up to scratch is not an issue.. Yeh the cross-fadings a little clunky and editing multiple files is a bit of a pain but so what. It's a major platform and should be supported IMO

I've had extremely bad issues with cubase bugs in the past so I made the switch.. please lets not let this debate go off the rails..
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

agent314

Post by agent314 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Ignore 3phase

He's given up making music in favor of complaining about the tools he chose to use when he used to do music stuff

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:38 pm

sorry when this sounds rude ..but why do you ask when you know that the program is a little chunky.
You can produce international aclaimed tracks with the magix music maker too..and nobody would consider it a pro daw.
Just the amount of presets shows in which leaque ableton is playing.. and the politics of keeping it half developed in all areas is probably good for the cashflow but not good for the reputation...

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 pm

agent314 wrote:Ignore 3phase

He's given up making music in favor of complaining about the tools he chose to use when he used to do music stuff

whenever i try to do music with live i run within 1 hour either along a bug or some massive misscomfort..

and this is after so many years a bit anoying..

just yesterday a session with a 1 hour long 8 channel live recording..doing some quick loops from that to make scenes out of that?

how do you do that? a really esoteric task :lol:

agent314

Post by agent314 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:42 pm

So you don't disagree, then?

:mrgreen:

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 pm

i want soundminer to support live.
then again, i want to exchange lives arrangement view with reaper.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:48 pm

agent314 wrote:So you don't disagree, then?

:mrgreen:
no.. i ve recorded 20 gigabytes within the last 3 weeks..thats not doing no music...

YILA

Post by YILA » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Ok, I see... 3phase please shhhh and let this thread be discussed properly. I've never heard anyone describe the quantity of music made in bytes before.. sickening.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:33 pm

The reason why Live is not considered a pro DAW is because it has very little presence in major recording studios and many people are ignorant, even though it is selling well and has a bigger name in recent times.

I've seen more bugs on Live than other software because some developers haven't tested Live, even though it's become a very prominent DAW and outsells some of the stuff they do test it on.

Mostly Protools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer (which has a big music to picture scoring base in Hollywood) and Samplitude/Sequoia (mostly since Sequoia has become a staple in many studios as a mastering program) are considered 'professional' due to their studio presence, with Sonar, Reaper and Live in the next bracket down as big selling 'home studio/live performance' software.

Some companies, such as audient, mostly deal with commercial studios, so their priority is going to be with the DAW soft most medium-large commercial studios use. This doesn't make their approach right (they could download the demo even for free to test it), but it's their funeral, right ...
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

fisto

Post by fisto » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Live is a TOOL! Not a full blown DAW!
Please stop saying that it is!

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm

fisto wrote:Live is a TOOL! Not a full blown DAW!
Please stop saying that it is!

OK Fisto, what is your definition of a "full blown DAW"???

and what makes Live only a "TOOL"?
Last edited by McQ714 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Live was a tool at Live 3 and earlier. Especially since Live 7, it's feature set has become more and more like a regular linear DAW with less emphasis on creative tools (excepting the add on m4l). All it needs now is multichannel audio, scoring, a few MIDI enhancements such as Sysex and improved timing (optional - logical editor) and bezier curves and it pretty much has become Logic with a Session View. :wink:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.